• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelo Ice

Banned
OK, going to get for sure this SRTT DLC:

Saints Row: The Third - Season Pass DLC Pack

Saints Row: The Third - Genki Girl Pack

Saints Row: The Third - Witches & Wieners Pack

Saints Row: The Third - Penthouse Pack

Saints Row: The Third - Steelport Gangs Pack

Saints Row: The Third - Money Shot Pack

Saints Row: The Third - Shark Attack Pack

Saints Row: The Third - Invincible Pack

Saints Row: The Third - FUNTIME! Pack

Any specific reason to get the rest?

Saints Row: The Third - Z Style Pack

Saints Row: The Third - Explosive Combat Pack

Saints Row: The Third - Warrior Pack

Saints Row: The Third - Bloodsucker Pack

Don't get the bloodsucker pack it'll change the neck snapping animation to some stupid biting one. Also besides Z style and bloodsucker, Warrior and Explosive Combat come in 4 pack with other dlc and it's cheaper overall to get them vs buying separately.

megalowho

Haven't dipped on any Saint's Row 3 DLC and in the middle of playing it now. Don't care about costumes or homies. Trying to really maximize my bang for the buck, going with:

Special Ops Vehicle Pack $0.74
Maximum Pleasure Pack (FUNTIME!, Money Shot, Invincible, Shark Attack) $1.74
The Trouble With Clones $1.74

If anyone more familiar with the content wants to recommend anything else, I'd be all ears. Straight up don't like Genkibowl missions, though.

Probably already been mentioned, but a heads up to those buying Ubisoft games expecting to play them now...looks like U-play is down.

Went to play Assassin's Creed II (didn't even buy it on the sale, trying to go through my backlog) and when I tried to log into Uplay, it says password and username are not correct. Went and reset my password, and it still didn't work. Found a thread on Ubisoft's forums:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/691262-Uplay-tells-me-my-password-username-are-incorrect

Uplay requires that you connect before you can play if you're launching the game for the first time, so for the time being, if you buy a new Ubi game that has mandatory Uplay login, you can't play it. So stupid and frustrating.

EDIT: Found another thread that advised to spam the log in button over and over - actually worked and went through, and now I can play.

Nope, I use both my controllers for both PC and 360. You just need a way to connect the controller to the PC, by either using a wired controller or purchasing the Microsoft dongle.

I use the wireless dongle and simply resync my gamepad from the 360 to my pc when I want to use it. If I'm not being lazy I have a 2nd pad synced to the pc and leave my other one synced to the 360.

On another note what do you guys think of the Mount and Blade series? Napoleonic Wars reminds me a lot of the old Battlegrounds mod for Half Life but in the gameplay videos the whole series looks like there's a little bit of low budget "jankiness" and I'm trying to becareful with my wallet during this zerg rush of sales. Its not even Monday yet!

megalowho

The Walking Dead or Darkness 2? Which one should I get GAF?
Can't recommend The Walking Dead enough, it handles choice in games better than anything else I've played and the writing/acting/characters are really fantastic. All the stuff Mass Effect and Heavy Rain have tried to do, they're nailing it. Gets under your skin, and I'm completely salivating for Episode 3 at the moment. No experience with the comic or show, either.

I did like the Darkness II demo well enough, but it's not as important a game as The Walking Dead is shaping up to be so far.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Anyone from the US doing a Serious Sam 3 4-pack and/or Darkness II 4-pack? Thanks in advance.
I'm interested in a Darkness II 4-pack.

MRORANGE

Season pass

So yeah, thinking of selling my Saints Row 3 X360 for the Steam version. I think I could break even if I grab the complete pack

Technically, yes.

This deal is for the entire "season" (all "episodes").

On 360 and PS3, they're literally DLC and you need the first one to play the others. I Though it was different on PC, but I guess not.

It's a season pass. On PC the episodes are not even considered DLC, they just update the game like a patch when a new episode comes out.

Hmm... I think I will wait for next daily deal and compare. Still waiting for NFS:Shift 2 / SFxT

Normally, I download my games from Steam at approximately 3.5 MB/s, but right now it's going at 200 KB/s. Is this because 5 million people are all downloading at once and breaking Steam, or do I need to do something fancy to get my speed back up?

Gandie

Normally, I download my games from Steam at approximately 3.5 MB/s, but right now it's going at 200 KB/s. Is this because 5 million people are all downloading at once and breaking Steam, or do I need to do something fancy to get my speed back up?

In case your local servers are too slow, try changing your download region.

Steam -> Settings -> Downloads & Cloud -> Download Region.

Usually this helps.

CeePhour

Banned

Double check what server you are connecting to. When the Steam client updates it seems to ping the servers and change your server of choice. In my
case it always picks a much slower server (San Jose, CA) than one I am much closer to (Sacramento, CA).

Fired up MS Flight after picking up the pack o' goodies and wow, smooth as silk 5760x1080 multi-monitor widescreen goodness.

Using the 360 controller is fantastic as well. I had no idea I wanted this.

Gandie

Fired up MS Flight after picking up the pack o' goodies and wow, smooth as silk 5920x1080 multi-monitor widescreen goodness.

Using the 360 controller is fantastic as well. I had no idea I wanted this.

I just purchased this aswell, but the game is not showing up in my library yet. I read on forums that this is a known issue with Microsoft Games, notably AoE Online. Have you had any waiting time after your purchase?

Caerith

I've never played a Saints Row game. The Third has a TON of DLC. If I'm just getting into it, should I bother with the DLC? What kind of stuff does it add?
Here's a brief rundown of the Saints Row the Third DLC:
  • Season Pass - adds three story missions, sorta like mini-expansions (includes Genkibowl VII, Gangstas in Space, Trouble with Clones DLCs)
  • Everything else - adds clothes, new options for generic gang members, vehicles, and weapons.
Of the "everything else," the Shark Attack Pack adds a gun that makes a shark burst through the ground and eat someone, and the Invincible Pack includes cheats (which are totally unnecessary since you get ridiculously powerful as you level up anyway).

You're best off getting the Season Pass and Shark Attack. Get any of the others only if they interest you (like, get Witches & Weiners if you want to dress like a hot dog and ride a flying broomstick).

Is Arkahm City a daily? Im asking because it's not available in my region?

Again i reiterate in case anyone knows how to solve the yet it moves controller problem.

I just purchased this aswell, but the game is not showing up in my library yet. I read on forums that this is a known issue with Microsoft Games, notably AoE Online. Have you had any waiting time after your purchase?

It doesn't show up in the library. Go find the base MS Flight in the store and download. Since it's F2P it doesn't pop in the library until you download it. At least that's how it worked for me.

Only crap part is that you have to enter in a code for each DLC into the Marketplace thing.

Gandie

It doesn't show up in the library. Go find the base MS Flight in the store and download. Since it's F2P it doesn't pop in the library until you download it. At least that's how it worked for me.

Only crap part is that you have to enter in a code for each DLC into the Marketplace thing.

Thank you.

wasn't trine 2 a flash deal before? what are the chances that the witcher 2 will become a daily deal? also thinking about picking up the microsoft flight bundle

So Saint's Row the Third...

Base game is obviously worth $12.50, but what about the DLC? Is it all so amazing that I need pick the full $25.00 pack? Or should I just pick and choose a few choice pieces of DLC?

Help me, GAF. You're my only hope.

Salsa

So Saint's Row the Third...

Base game is obviously worth $12.50, but what about the DLC? Is it all so amazing that I need pick the full $25.00 pack? Or should I just pick and choose a few choice pieces of DLC?

Help me, GAF. You're my only hope.

Might be alone here, but i'd go vanilla + maybe some cheap piece like the shark gun

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I know its not a simulator, but I still like that MS Flight has checklists for everything, and they are super easy to follow too, with indicaters for which switch is next and automated moving onto the next step and the ability to bring up the checklist at anytime. Very cool. Planes without cockpits are very not cool though. Don't get those.

I've satisfied another on my wishlist with Alaska Wilderness pack for that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom