• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

feel

Grabbed Qube, Killing Floor and Hitman Blood Money. No point jumping in on the "small" Walking Dead discount since I want to play it after the season is over and by then it'll have gone for much cheaper.

Hawk269

This will be my second "Pay it forward" offer to the Gaf community. My first was giving away 3 copies of Renegade Ops and I about to do another one for Magicka. I will have 3 copies of Magicka to give out to 3 Gaf users. As with the first give-away, I went with a little quiz related to U2 since I am a U2 fan!!! So in the next 10-15min I will be making another post with a few questions.

The Rules:

1. Only 1 attempt at answering the questions.
2. PM *ONLY* your responses to me. DO NOT post your answers in the thread.
3. Please provide your Steam Name/Steam ID or a link to your Steam ID/Name so it is easy for me to give you your game.

....and lastly....

I urge anyone that has the means financially to do this if you can. I know alot of gamers here are tight for cash or out of work etc and if getting a free game helps, then that is a good thing...so pay it forward if you can.

Here are the questions. Please ensure you following the rules above. Thanks for playing!!!

1. What is the name of U2's 3rd Studio Album and the title of the last track on that album?

2. What is the name of U2's long time Manager?

3. What is the name of the Tour that featured a Claw like/Spaceship looking stage?

4. What song is this lyric from "And these are the days when our work has come asunder, And these are the days when we look for something other"?

5. What song is this lyric from "Where you live should not decide, Whether you live or whether you die"?

Good luck to those that want to play!

Tomodachi

Hands are seriously itching for The Walking Dead. What to do what to do. I'm pretty sure that by the time I'll start it, it will be at least 66%, 75% off in a random steam sale. But it looks so good :(

And I don't even watch the TV show nor read the comic.

Does anyone know what to do if Portal 2 restarts your computer? I did a little research online and I guess since I have an AMD FX that's why its happening.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Is there any DLC for Saints Row III that's worth buying? I don't care about extra missions at all, but if there are particularly cool weapons/vehicles, I'd like to know about them.

Caerith

Someone pitch Legend of Grimrock to me.
Grimlock.jpg

It's like that, but without robot dinosaurs and instead being a throwback to the Wizardry style of games, yeah?

Someone pitch Legend of Grimrock to me.

Here's my Steam store recommendation...

Do you like oldschool, first person dungeon crawlers? Why are you even reading this, just buy the game already, it's amazing. Legend of Grimrock is an awesome throwback to the genre with some nice, modern touches of its own; an action-y real-time combat system, no random encounters, enemies are visible in the dungeon and there's an auto-map (which you can choose not to use) so you don't have to bust out the graph paper (unless you want to). It also looks fantastic and despite not having a soundtrack it's got great atmosphere through the ambient sounds of the dungeon.

If you like Wizardry, Shining in the Darkness, Etrian Odyssey or have a hankering for something oldschool, you should totally give this a shot.

Conversely, here's my friends...

FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES

Also just bought Satazius (some oldschool looking schmup a friend also purchased) and all of the Saints Row The Third DLC I did not already have.

Hands are seriously itching for The Walking Dead. What to do what to do. I'm pretty sure that by the time I'll start it, it will be at least 66%, 75% off in a random steam sale. But it looks so good :(

And I don't even watch the TV show nor read the comic.

Same as me.

I went for it anyway :p

mrgone

Is there any DLC for Saints Row III that's worth buying? I don't care about extra missions at all, but if there are particularly cool weapons/vehicles, I'd like to know about them.

There's a gun that marks people for death by shark attack. Buy that gun.

Dragnet

Nobody is answering in the dedicated thread, has anyone here bought Frozen Synapse and fancies sharing their second copy code with me? I'm able to pay probably tomorrow via paypal or whatever. Also, does it matter if it's US/EU copy?

mrgone

Does anyone know if it is gamepad compatible or only mouse k/b?

Mouse and keyboard's really the only way to play it. You interact with the environment a lot with the mouse. You might be able to set up movement stuff with something like Joy2Key, but it's probably not worth the hassle

gabbo

Pretty sure I'll end up grabbing Darkness 2. What kind discount is Spec Ops: The Line looking to have since it's the only other game I'm looking for during the sale.

derFeef

So if I buy the Walking Dead, it's ALL the episodes? Or just the first one?

says right there :p

Gain access to the full season [5 episodes] of The Walking Dead by purchasing the Season Pass, which will act as your gateway to every episode of the game. Episode 1 and 2 are available immediately upon purchasing the full season; each of the remaining episodes of season one will be released periodically.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
That sega pack is crazy. I remember a lot of those games as a kid. Checked out echo the dolphin...I remember being amazed at the graphics back then. Now meh lol

ss_733b433f95d3708fe31aec641144bd6edfd96921.1920x1080.jpg

Andrmt

Neo Member
Does Cities XL online mode work? I remember reading some news about how they shut down the servers due to few people buying the game, but I'm not sure if it was for this one or one of the old ones.

They closed online for the first Cities XL. Cities XL 2012 and 2011 are single-player only.

Welp. Fuck Ubisoft. Fuck Online DRM.
Bought M&M VI, can't even play the game cause I can't log into this Uplay BS.
And people try to defend DIII and its always online DRM. nopenopenope. Never again.

Opinions on the games in today's Indie Pack? A Valley Without Wind looks especially intriguing. I'd also be curious to see how Sword and Sworcery turned out on the PC; I enjoyed the iOS version very much.

Tomodachi

Welp. Fuck Ubisoft. Fuck Online DRM.
Bought M&M VI, can't even play the game cause I can't log into this Uplay BS.
And people try to defend DIII and its always online DRM. nopenopenope. Never again.
It's still offline? LOL
Good thing I didn't buy anything from them during this sale (yet D: ).

Eh, I've never played an old school dungeon crawler, cant say I'm too interested in that.

FWIW, I had never played a tile-based dungeon crawler prior to Legend of Grimrock myself, but that didn't stop me from buying it Day 1 and playing it twice back-to-back. Immersive atmosphere, interesting puzzles, good UI, impressive lighting system, detailed enemies. Very polished and engrossing game.

Katoki

Eh, I've never played an old school dungeon crawler, cant say I'm too interested in that.

I booted it up real quick earlier since I need to head out a bit after posting this, but anyway..

So far I like how simple the game is, and the way you interact with the dungeon, but so far I haven't run into anything that moves yet. On top of all that, either I'm over thinking it when I stare at a wall because the wall is a wall or there's actually something there and I can't figure out how to access it. It's a bit more thinking than I'm used to with games these days but refreshing nonetheless. The graphics are really polished for something of this style. I could probably live with stuff more pixelated but my eyes would probably hurt after a while.

Based on videos I've seen of TotalBiscuit playing with combat and all, should be fun when I'm at the point where I can effectively fight things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom