• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loooove Killing Floor, what an awesome game. I wasn't too sure about it at first but that changed really quick. Probably the best purchase for me thus far.

haikira

Outlook, not so good. I moaned so much about Ghostbusters not working, I got pushed from pillar to post with Atari and Steam support. The patch never came out.

Cheers.

Really not happy with the DRM on Arkham City. Was hoping i could get a refund for it. I'd seen posts on reddit before, of people requesting refunds because they bought a game drunk and they got away with it. So was hoping they were very lax, with this sort of thing.

Guess this'll learn me, to investigate games more thoroughly in the future.

Nelo Ice

Banned
So anyone get the Saints Row 3 DLC stuff besides the shark weapon? Some of the cosmetic items look nice and I want the broomstick and hover bike lol. Already have the season pass and the funtime and spec ops pack though.

Razek

Banned
Thinking of getting Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity. I like RTS games (Age of Empires, Command & Conquer), Civilization games and I love space! But this does look quite complex from the videos I saw. I've also heard that there's not much there for single-player, and I'm not much of a multi-player gamer... So conflicted!

It's $9.99 at 50% off at the moment, will wait to see if it drops any lower. In the meantime, still deciding whether I should get it!

It's not really all that complex. There are in-game tutorials for each stage of a game and the overall concept is pretty simple once you get the basic idea of what buildings do, how to make money, ect.

You should be notified that SoaSE Rebellion has all the content from the previous 3 expansions, new unique content, and fixes many of the issues that plague the late game (such as victory conditions). It is 4x the cost though and if it does go on sale, it will only be for a tiny amount.

MNC

Thinking of getting Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity. I like RTS games (Age of Empires, Command & Conquer), Civilization games and I love space! But this does look quite complex from the videos I saw. I've also heard that there's not much there for single-player, and I'm not much of a multi-player gamer... So conflicted!

It's $9.99 at 50% off at the moment, will wait to see if it drops any lower. In the meantime, still deciding whether I should get it!

I'm hoping Rebellion will get a 33% discount. It's Trinity + extra. It's a great space RTS with a loooooooong match time!

gdt

Is The Witcher 2 supposed to be the world's hardest game on normal? Wtf is this shit?

Seriously bro, man up. The game get easier and easier as you level up and choose your skills. Roll roll roll roll roll roll roll, oh and get the back damage skill asap too. And then roll some more.

I loooove Killing Floor, what an awesome game. I wasn't too sure about it at first but that changed really quick. Probably the best purchase for me thus far.

Yeah, I bought the game when it first came out. I prefer it over L4D. I'm sure I am the minority in that regard though.

ltse1

Was looking for a co-op game that I can play with my little brother, who is 12 (we live in different states). Nothing too violent, he can play those at his own leisure. I was looking at Bunch of Heroes, any thoughts? Any other suggestions?

Hawk269

Walking from the boat to Flotsam and getting attacked by 10+ at the same time, dying in 3 hits, and only being able to block one at a time; and that's assuming a glitch-free run.

No to be rude, but if you are having a hard time there, then you might want to switch to extreme easy mode. That part is actually very easy and you really dont need any magic or bombs/traps to get through that part.

Was looking for a co-op game that I can play with my little brother, who is 12 (we live in different states). Nothing too violent, he can play those at his own leisure. I was looking at Bunch of Heroes, any thoughts? Any other suggestions?

Lara Croft: Guardian of Light and the Trine series. :) Have fun with your brother.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
I am now down to $97 in my Steam Wallet. I am getting nervous. Spent about $160-170 so far. Have some money still in PayPal as a back up but not much. Maybe $15.

gabbo

Walking from the boat to Flotsam and getting attacked by 10+ at the same time, dying in 3 hits, and only being able to block one at a time; and that's assuming a glitch-free run.

If you have a save before the attack, drink some potions; 'Swallow' mainly, maybe 'Rook'. One will help stem some of the damage taken, the other will up your sword damage dealt. If that's not possible, quen, quen quen.

Avoid Bunch of Heroes. It's a terrible game.

Co-op suggestions: Portal 2, Trine 2, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, and Dungeon Defenders.

haikira

No impressions on Bunch of Heroes.

Portal 2 has a good coop campaign. Terraria can be a very fun game, to play together with friends. Dungeon Defenders and Sanctum are good tower defence games, with coop.

EDIT: Was beat to half my game picks. dragonlife and Labombadog are also very correct with trine 2 and Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light.

squid

It's not really all that complex. There are in-game tutorials for each stage of a game and the overall concept is pretty simple once you get the basic idea of what buildings do, how to make money, ect.

You should be notified that SoaSE Rebellion has all the content from the previous 3 expansions, new unique content, and fixes many of the issues that plague the late game (such as victory conditions). It is 4x the cost though and if it does go on sale, it will only be for a tiny amount.

Ok, thanks. Rebellion is a bit too much for me to impulse buy atm, but $10 or lower for Trinity is tempting me. So, the complexity isn't much of an issue then, but being mostly a single-player gamer, will there be enough content there for me? Having no single-player campaign is a bit of a downer, but if there's a skirmish mode that's compelling enough to keep me coming back, I'll bite.

Cheers.

Really not happy with the DRM on Arkham City. Was hoping i could get a refund for it. I'd seen posts on reddit before, of people requesting refunds because they bought a game drunk and they got away with it. So was hoping they were very lax, with this sort of thing.

Guess this'll learn me, to investigate games more thoroughly in the future.
Worth a try, but don't get your hopes up then. I think the problem in my example was that Atari was like "we're working on it" and never did.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Damn..I thought I was bad at $120 so far.

I'm a new PC gamer....well, I'm BACK to the fold after a generation spent on the consoles. So I have a lot of catching up to do. Bought a lot of older titles.

But nothing over 75% (except Ys and maybe another title). I know the rules. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom