• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owensboro

I've never played a Hitman game before but want to try one. Is Blood Money the best one to start with?

Patrick on Giant Bomb (and the whole crew) was talking about how great it was, and it piqued my interest.

Tess3ract

Banned
Trip report on Saints Row 3

This game fucking owns. OWNS. HOLY SHITE.

I'm sitting here trying to describe why and I can't think of a why because everything in this game is so wonderful.

Like I told my friend:

"Right now I'm fighting Tron ninjas while dressed up like a masked pirate with a chainsaw and gibbing them all to bits. Later, I'm gonna take off on my hoverbike into the sky to someplace else."

The mayor of the city is Burt Reynolds, you can fly planes, choppers, assault jets, a "Johnny Gat" mobile that spits fire from its cigarette. You go into cyberspace, you fight zombies, you play on a 60's SciFi show on mars, you can find and customize your cribs, your followers down to what clothes they wear, find and customize almost any vehicle (even a cement mixer or a golf cart), you can attack dudes with an enormous purple dildo, there's good coop that makes the game even more fun/funny. Each bossfight you have a choice and they each end differently depending on your choices.

There are 6 different voices you can pick for your dude on character customization and it's not simply random sayings or grunts. It's the whole fucking game. Each voice talks completely differently and carries over through cutscenes and everything. The attention to detail is immense, in that one mission you go incognito dressed up as someone else, and they went so far as to keep the fact I was still playing a badass female russian. It's not even a voice swap, they have slightly different scripts all around.

There's tons of shit to find, there's lots of different things to do and I never played a mission in the game where I wasn't having fun, where I wasn't laughing at the characters and their antics or personalities, and one of the last missions I really really enjoyed because it was just heroic. It's wonderful.

$12.49 for this is a fucking steal, and even if you play by yourself it's amazing. COOP is absolutely recommended though.

You can skip the dlc and be okay for the most part it seems, though if you want some missions get Gangstas in Space and Trouble with Clones imo.

Having beaten the game I'm super stoked for Saints Row 4.

5/5

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I'm getting random freezes during cutscenes in the walking dead. It's messing with the severity of the serious moments.

Trancos

It's not a private profile, you just need to be logged into steam (users only). Anyway I did change it to public.

Unless I am mistaken, it is hard to add someone if the profile is listed as private. When searching your username I get no results, even though your link shows your name, when going through steam and searching it comes up as no one home.

gabbo

I've never played a Hitman game before but want to try one. Is Blood Money the best one to start with?

Patrick on Giant Bomb (and the whole crew) was talking about how great it was, and it piqued my interest.
Yes, even if the first two have a certain charm about them.

gabbo

I kind of want to try Mirror's Edge. Anyone care to sell me on it?

I promise I won't think about buying it until the last day unless it's featured!

Do you like the jumping and climbing in Assassin's Creed? Imagine [only] that [aspect of AssCreed] in first person with a very muted, game mechanic-centered colour palette and a Big Brother is watching story.
The time trials and races are quite a bit of fun trying to find the perfect route through the various maps.

Kingven

:-/... my wallet its crying...

Trine 2
Tropico 4 Bundle
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
+ 11 more games/packs

.. waiting for a deal in GTA Pack, Sins of Solar Empire, AOE 3, Assassins Creed II or Fallout

Lain

So anyone get the Saints Row 3 DLC stuff besides the shark weapon? Some of the cosmetic items look nice and I want the broomstick and hover bike lol. Already have the season pass and the funtime and spec ops pack though.

With the exception of Warrior/Z Style/Explosive/Bloodsucker/Spec Ops Packs, I grabbed every other piece of DLC.

zkylon

zkylewd

I'm sitting here trying to describe why and I can't think of a why because everything in this game is so wonderful.

Like I told my friend:

"Right now I'm fighting Tron ninjas while dressed up like a masked pirate with a chainsaw and gibbing them all to bits. Later, I'm gonna take off on my hoverbike into the sky to someplace else."

The mayor of the city is Burt Reynolds, you can fly planes, choppers, assault jets, a "Johnny Gat" mobile that spits fire from its cigarette. You go into cyberspace, you fight zombies, you play on a 60's SciFi show on mars, you can find and customize your cribs, your followers down to what clothes they wear, find and customize almost any vehicle (even a cement mixer or a golf cart), you can attack dudes with an enormous purple dildo, there's good coop that makes the game even more fun/funny. Each bossfight you have a choice and they each end differently depending on your choices.

There are 6 different voices you can pick for your dude on character customization and it's not simply random sayings or grunts. It's the whole fucking game. Each voice talks completely differently and carries over through cutscenes and everything. The attention to detail is immense, in that one mission you go incognito dressed up as someone else, and they went so far as to keep the fact I was still playing a badass female russian. It's not even a voice swap, they have slightly different scripts all around.

There's tons of shit to find, there's lots of different things to do and I never played a mission in the game where I wasn't having fun, where I wasn't laughing at the characters and their antics or personalities, and one of the last missions I really really enjoyed because it was just heroic. It's wonderful.

$12.49 for this is a fucking steal, and even if you play by yourself it's amazing. COOP is absolutely recommended though.

You can skip the dlc and be okay for the most part it seems, though if you want some missions get Gangstas in Space and Trouble with Clones imo.

5/5
So true. I'm preordering SR4 because of SR3's ability to amaze at every turn.

Like I told my friend:

5/5

have you played saints row 2?

Like I told my friend:

5/5

So you do have good taste after all.

Carm

Okay, I just noticed that for the Batman Franchise Bundle, I didn't get a code for the Skins, nor does it say on Steam that I own it. Anyone else experience that? I'm guessing I have to contact Steam support, right?

EDIT: Same goes for the Challenge Map Pack.
EDIT 2: It says I own the Challenge Map Pack but I do not have a key for it.

The challenge map and skins packs do not have cd keys. As long as you see both listed in the location below you're fine.
2q7i5.png

Like I told my friend:

5/5

Damn you. Now I can't resist.

Must not...add to cart...can't spend any m-- ohp, purchased.

My original goal was to get only 2 more games: Arma II and Sins of a Solar Empire, but that shit ain't happening :(

Saw a couple videos on walking dead and I was done :( Now I see GTA IV might be on sale. WHY WOULD YOU PUNISH ME SO STEAM????????

Like I told my friend:

5/5

I just bought this. This shit had better be like GTA on acid or I'm going to be very disappointed.

Trancos

15$ left on my steam wallet. I need to play my next moves carefully. What are the odds of The Walking Dead been my LAST acquisition this summer sale?

Tess3ract

Banned
Cannot tell you how much fun it is, i suggest that you find a cheap copy on ps3 or xbox and play it, since the PC version is suppose to really bad.
No I have the game on steam, I just never touched it.

I just bought this. This shit had better be like GTA on acid or I'm going to be very disappointed.
It is. It very much owns. I'm kind of hard to please.

Man... why you gotta hype the game up? I was gonna get JC2 if it won the vote but now you got me super interested in SR3. =x

Buy both. Both JC2 and SR3 are so good.

Damn you. Now I can't resist.

Must not...add to cart...can't spend any m-- ohp, purchased.

:D

So you do have good taste after all.
I've always had good taste.

Im sorry but Saints Row 2 is not as fun.
Yes, some people like it more because they think some of the serious shit that happens on the missions were some kind of good storytelling (it wasnt for me).
Saints Row The Third, is more fun, more varied (there are some drag mission in SR2, and some problems games like Red Faction Armageddon has, and that SR3 resolves) and the wacky aspect to the max benefits the game more than the "serious sometimes/not serious other times" tone that Saints Row 2 had.

It also plays like shit on PC.

Im sorry but Saints Row 2 is not as fun.
Yes, some people like it more because they think some of the serious shit that happens on the missions were some kind of good storytelling (it wasnt for me).
Saints Row The Third, is more fun, more varied and the wacky aspect to the max benefits the game more than the "serious sometimes/not serious other times" tone that Saints Row 2 had.

It also plays like shit on PC.

Who the hell thinks saints row 2 > 3 ?

That's not true at all. In any way.

There are wrong opinions.

trinest

Is it me or a good chunk of the dailies/flash sales etc. for the past 8 hours or so been repeats of either a daily or a flash. Not that there is nothing wrong with this, I just want to start seeing more games.

So true. I'm preordering SR4 because of SR3's ability to amaze at every turn.

I have it on Xbox and finished it (as in story etc.).

Me finishing a game doesn't happen to much lets just say that.

Katoki

SR3 is just fun. I bought it back in April or May at $17 and no regrets. Got about 40 hours in since then and am playing it right now since DLC is 75% off.

This might sound stupid, but where do you download a soundtrack through Steam? I just bought Bastion OST, but I want to download it to another computer.

CatPee

Who the hell thinks saints row 2 > 3 ?

That's not true at all. In any way.

There are wrong opinions.

SR2 did have a lot more customizability and activities, plus far more actual missions instead of activities.

But yea, other than that SR3 trumps it in every other way possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom