• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody think that Assassin's Creed II would go on sale for -75%? I've never owned or played an AC game and I hear either this or Brotherhood is the place to start.

Retne

Does anybody think that Assassin's Creed II would go on sale for -75%? I've never owned or played an AC game and I hear either this or Brotherhood is the place to start.

It did during the winter sale so I don't see why it wouldn't go -75% this time around too unless Ubisoft doesn't feel like it or the new Valve economist wants to see where the purchase point is.

Koroviev

That might be too generous for Ubisoft's blood, but don't buy it before the last day of the sale unless it's featured.

It did during the winter sale so I don't see why it wouldn't go -75% this time around too unless Ubisoft doesn't feel like it or the new Valve economist wants to see where the purchase point is.

This is the fucker that must be responsible for these flash game sales. I don't know if I should praise him or damn him.

Resilient

If you won't start at 1 or 2, start at Brotherhood so that Revelations makes sense , but ONLY buy of they are cheap, as you will be held hostage by Ubi and there terrible online only servers unless you use questionable means

Anyone else having a problem getting The Walking Dead to run? Whenever I start it, it says I'm in game on the Steam friend list, but it never actually starts and then it stops listing me as in game. Verified the game and everything, nothing seems to fix the issue.

AlexBasch

New Vegas DLC and Fallout GOTY are the only things I'm getting from this sale. I want them to appear so I can run of money without regrets.

Maybe this is not the thread but, I played about 30 minutes of The Witcher and... does it ever get fun? Granted, the game was only 2.75USD, but except for the beautiful opening, the game is kinda boring.

It took me a while to appreciate the game (near the end of chapter 1), so I would at least give it a couple of more hours. The game really excels at atmosphere and storytelling, while the combat is acceptable to some and horrible for others. I did my first playtrough of the game one and a half year ago, and I ended up enjoying it more than the Witcher 2. You should definately keep going if you want a unique experience in a world rarely seen in gaming.

Koroviev

If you won't start at 1 or 2, start at Brotherhood so that Revelations makes sense , but ONLY buy of they are cheap, as you will be held hostage by Ubi and there terrible online only servers unless you use questionable means

Forgot about this. On second thought, ignore the Assassin's Creed franchise on PC.

That might be too generous for Ubisoft's blood, but don't buy it before the last day of the sale unless it's featured.

Thanks for the replies. Only going for it if it hits $4.99

Retne

Anyone else having a problem getting The Walking Dead to run? Whenever I start it, it says I'm in game on the Steam friend list, but it never actually starts and then it stops listing me as in game. Verified the game and everything, nothing seems to fix the issue.

You just made me paranoid so I booted it up and it runs just fine for me. It did start up in 1024x768 though.

Lain

Well, bought the Monkey Island Special Edition bundle twice, one for me and one to gift to a friend who is sound asleep now and would have missed the deal by the time he'll wake up. Hope the music will be as good as I remember it.

squid

Thinking of getting Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity. I like RTS games (Age of Empires, Command & Conquer), Civilization games and I love space! But this does look quite complex from the videos I saw. I've also heard that there's not much there for single-player, and I'm not much of a multi-player gamer... So conflicted!

It's $9.99 at 50% off at the moment, will wait to see if it drops any lower. In the meantime, still deciding whether I should get it!

metalshade

guys...crazy thing happened. I figured out you can actually play the games you buy in the sale. nuts!

Damn you, I tried that!
Turns out my laptop crashes half life when trying to start the first level!
You lied to me man!
(Good job I am in this sale to prepare for when I build my gaming rig lol.)

Verify File Integrity in right click > properties. I've had two games from the sale that didn't work on first download until I verified files and it fixed both.

Damn you, I tried that!
Turns out my laptop crashes half life when trying to start the first level!
You lied to me man!
(Good job I am in this sale to prepare for when I build my gaming rig lol.)

I'm on the same boat haha 2006 laptot here so I'm buying games that I can't play,just for my future rig!!

Welp, I regret decisions in Walking Dead episode 1 already.

Pretty interesting game, has some stuttering issues sadly.
Anyone have any experience getting refunds for steam games, over minor issues?
Outlook, not so good. I moaned so much about Ghostbusters not working, I got pushed from pillar to post with Atari and Steam support. The patch never came out.

Chittagong

Gold Member
My first PC summer is crazy. Spent £60 on Steam and Amazon sales, got

Witcher 2
Skyrim
Alan Wake American Nightmare
LA Noire complete
Assassins Creed Revelations
Trine 2

+

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
Burnout Paradise

+

Dota 2 (free after splurging on Steam sale)

All except Trine 2 were on my wishlist so I am doing pretty good in discipline. The only things remaining on my wishlist are Max Payne 3 (won't get until -75%), Ridge Racer Unbounded (won't get it now that I got NFS and BO P), Saints Row 3 (not sure if want), Fallout NV (won't get it now that I got Skyrim).

If I only had time to play these all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom