• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. F

Banned
You do know that u can revert it to original graphics, right?

Do the settings let you toggle voice on/off? I don't mind how the Special Edition looks, but I was never a fan of the voice acting (for Guybrush especially). Felt really stilted and totally botched the comedic timing.

Retne

Do you guys think the Civ 5 expansion pack Gods and Kings will get a lower discount sometime during this sale?

It hit -25% at some point when it was a flash deal. I doubt it's going any lower than that. So if you want it I would wait for it's inevitable daily deal or community vote.

Resilient

Can everybody please vote for Just Cause 2. Please please please. Dead Space has massive issues with V Sync and scripted events not working within the first 3 min of gameplay. Terrible port.

For all of you having problems with your vote sticking, if you open the Steam app, you'll see that your vote has been counted. It's just a problem with the website, not with the client. Oh should I buy The Monkey Island: Special Edition Bundle? I like the LucasArts adventure games. I just wish that the Monkey Island 2 special edition was ported to Mac OS. Ah well, Wine it is :p

Edit:
Fuck, my credit card was just declined :( Not sure what the problem is because I bought some stuff earlier today :( If someone could gift me the Special Edition Bundle, I'd be more than happy to trade stuff.

Here's what I've got on Steam to trade

Here's what Steam codes I've got

I'd trade for CS GO :). I PMed you

I voted for GTA4. I'd rather not support EA, and I don't even know what Just Cause is

Just Cause 2 is pretty damn awesome. Open world game set in south america. Intentionally cheezy. Great destruction and a very impressive engine. Just beautiful. Fly up in the sky and you can see everything in the game world. And it is a very large game world. Plus, the grapple, Grapple one end to a moving car and the other end to an enemy or pedestrian. Grapple 2 moving cars together. or 2 helicopters.

Also ... This!

ifbajpevle7.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yeah, their support was prompt. 7 hours for me.
Wow, I wasn't even talking about the support! 7 hours? Fuck me, that's insanely fast O_O

epmode

Can everybody please vote for Just Cause 2. Please please please. Dead Space has massive issues with V Sync and scripted events not working within the first 3 min of gameplay. Terrible port.
Once I used D3D Overrider for vsync, everything worked fine. It's a solid port, if not extraordinary.

Just Cause 2 is pretty **** awesome. Open world game set in south america. Intentionally cheezy. Great destruction and a very impressive engine. Just beautiful. Fly up in the sky and you can see everything in the game world. And it is a very large game world. Plus, the grapple, Grapple one end to a moving car and the other end to an enemy or pedestrian. Grapple 2 moving cars together. or 2 helicopters.

Also ... This!

ifbajpevle7.gif

I need to install this game.

Ferrio

Banned
Hope Just Cause 2 wins, the MP mod right now is amazing even though there's not much to do. Just having so many people running around is awesome.

There's a checkbox when you enter your CC info. Just uncheck the "Keep my info" and it won't store it.
It takes me directly to the check out page. I cam't see that check box.

Again: How much they were asking for Arkham City, it's not available in my region so i need to know.

Kuroyume

Banned
I want to see more indie games go on sale outside of the big bundles. I'm interested in Capsized and Aaaaa!!! A Reckless Disregard for Gravity. I'll probably pick up one or both at the end, but I want to see them in a daily. :p

Anyone here have Capsized? Opinions?

epmode

Ok, yeah I didn't find that when I did a search. But that still doesn't answer my question. That link takes me to First Encounter for $5. Meanwhile that "Upgrade" contains both game sfor $2.50 and it says you can "gift them to your friends."
I'm confused. The upgrade only adds a few bonuses to SS3, not a new game. Soundtrack, costumes, etc.

edit: Oh, weird. That's new. It shows the original 1st and 2nd Encounters along with the SS3 stuff. I guess I already owned them so I didn't know they were in the CE. You'll have to get the HD versions separately.

Retne

It takes me directly to the check out page. I cam't see that check box.

Again: How much they were asking for Arkham City, it's not available in my region so i need to know.

Click your account name in the upper right on the steam client. It will take you to your transaction page. On the right in a collumn there should be your CC listed. Just click the delete link next to it.

Lain

You do know that u can revert it to original graphics, right?

Afaik, you can switch between the new and old graphics on the fly, also the sound. Need confirmation from others cause I'm not 100% sure.

Yep, I know about that, and at 3,74€ for both games it is cheap enough that I can go ahead and re-buy them just to play with the original graphics and ignore the new ones. I'm just concerned about the music, because I don't know if there was any change to that.

Click your account name in the upper right on the steam client. It will take you to your transaction page. On the right in a collumn there should be your CC listed. Just click the delete link next to it.
Fantastic trouble shooting Retne, million thanks XD
was $10.19 for just the base game
Sweet price, apreciate the info Infinite. Many problems plaging the PC version still or is it save now?

celebi23

Cyrillus

Isn't there, like, a Steam trading thread?

Also, I'll let GAF choose my vote, since I already own JC2 and GTA4, and have little interest in DS2

I voted for DS2

camerooni

Neo Member
Dead Space 2 at 50% currently..

Aus - 34.95
US - 9.95

Vote for 75% off?
You can bugger right off - no EA games are getting any votes for discounts :p

ag-my001

Damage so far:

SpaceChem 2.49
Portal + Portal 2 6.24
SpaceChem: 63 Corvi mission 0.49
Sonic Generations 10.19

Total: $19.41

This should let me justify Skyrim at $30. The GOTY edition probably won't be out for about a year, and the only other games I'm looking for are double dips on GalCiv2 and EUIII (to get them on Steam with all the expansions).

KarmaCow

You shouldn't have any real problems with it, I think. It ran decently on my laptop.

Thanks, I wasn't sure because Alpha Protocol of all things seemed to run pretty poorly (<30fps) on my PC for some reason. I mostly just want to avoid the game dropping to below 30 frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom