• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

ugh can't decide whether or not to buy skyrim. have a huge backlog but really have been wanting to finally try this. can't believe how long it's taking for the price to drop though. Almost 8 months after release I'd thought I'd be able to get it for less than 50% off...

What should I do GAF?

Wait for it to go cheaper.

All I'm going to say is, if you loved SS1. SS3 is awesome! I'm in on the 2nd level, and soooo many AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH's are going on! Fun experience and the graphics are really damn nice.

Oh and the customization in the graphics menu, holy shit I've never seen that before.

I was going to hold off on SS3, but I'm not sure if I can resist...

ugh can't decide whether or not to buy skyrim. have a huge backlog but really have been wanting to finally try this. can't believe how long it's taking for the price to drop though. Almost 8 months after release I'd thought I'd be able to get it for less than 50% off...

What should I do GAF?

Wait for when the GOTY edition comes out, then goes on sale, if you've waited this long already.

Fusebox

Banned
BUY WALKING DEAD.

OMG so good. Dont ask questions, just do it.

I'm waiting for the iOS version, it's just around the corner.

I was also waiting for the iOS of Grimlock but it seems miles off so I bought the Steam version - omg so good, memories of Eye of the Beholder are flooding back. Awesome atmosphere.

I also got Bastien, I think I'll have to retry it with a gamepad because keyboard and mouse doesn't suit this game at all.

What should I do GAF?

Wait for it to go cheaper.

Yeah, wait. Only 6 months from now it's going to be cheaper in the winter sale. Clear out your backlog before then. It's a single player game, so if anything it's going to be even better then with new mods.

BUY WALKING DEAD.

OMG so good. Dont ask questions, just do it.

Was hoping it would be discounted during the sale. Was the number 1 thing on my wishlist. Very excited to start it - borrowing the first compendium of the comics from my buddy as well, and finally starting the series on Netflix.

Gonna be a good week.

Levyne

Banned
What do people think of PoP 2008?

I got the 360 version on clearance (~13 dollars) from Target a couple months after it came out. I enjoyed it. Paid for the epilogue and enjoyed it but the original ending is memorable in it's own way. Not one of Nolan North's better outings, though

For 2.50? Go for it

legacyzero

Banned
Was hoping it would be discounted during the sale. Was the number 1 thing on my wishlist. Very excited to start it - borrowing the first compendium of the comics from my buddy as well, and finally starting the series on Netflix.

Gonna be a good week.
Walking Dead not only met, but exceeded my expectations. And I've only finished the second episode.

Relax.MX

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands vs Prince of Persia 2008??

Man...i hate this flash sales...:( they are practicing the Kamasutra with my wallet :(

LProtag

I got Walking Dead.

Maybe tomorrow a game will come out that I can run on my current computer and I don't have to wait until I get my next one to play, because I haven't gotten a single one that will, heh.

trinest

So who thinks they have spent the most money so far?

Maybe up there?

Crusader Kings II
9.99 USD

Anno 2070 Pack
29.99 USD

Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Two
9.99 USD

Super ID Software Pack 2012
49.99 USD

Cyan Complete 2012
14.99 USD

Focus Hit Collection ROW
49.99 USD

L.A. Noire
3.74 USD

From Dust
3.74 USD

Tropico 4 Bundle
16.22 USD

Total: $188.64
Hmm. Maybe?

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
So mad I missed the Alan Wake $9.99 collection! Drats! And I hesitated on Binary Domain (Amazon) for the same price. Two great games that I don't have in my collection. Sucks. But on the flip side, I have an extra twenty dollar bill in my wallet; and I probably wouldn't have played the games for a long while, anyway. My backlog is huge.

So far, my pickups are pretty mild:

-Orcs Must Die!.
-Q.U.B.E.
-From Dust
-Tribes: Ascend - Steam Starter Pack
-The Binding of Isaac, Binding of Isaac Soundtrack, Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb,
-Toy Soldiers.

Between all of the PoP on sale, which would you choose if you could only pick one?

Very tight budget and I'm in love with the series!

Sands of Time if you don't mind a game from 2003.

PoP 2008 if you do.

Maybe Forgotten Sands, but haven't played it, and have read arguments for and against.

camerooni

Neo Member
Shit fucking game. Get Sands of time instead. Much better game and just as cheap.

Still prefer 2008 - despite Nathan Drake frat boi style voice over.. I thought it was very creative, and once you got into the flow of the movement, swinging about the levels became very comfortable..

I still kept playing past the first ending credits despite 'feeling' that I shouldn't.. but I just wanted to see what happened :/

sonicmj1

I don't hear people talk much about Hitman: Codename 47. Should I just get Hitman 2 and Blood Money, and save myself a tiny bit of money? I already have too many Steam games anyways, so I'm trying to avoid buying stuff I'm almost certainly never going to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom