• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
If Alan Wake does show up again, I'm kinda on the fence as to whether I should get it or not. I played the game on the 360 and definitely enjoyed it... but I wonder if having the game run better and look a lot clearer would improve it for me... that was definitely one of my bigger issues... hmmm...

mr. grape

What are the chances of Orange box being 75% off? I know that the Half-Life complete pack was on sale, but my friend only needs Half-Life 2, Episode 1, and Episode 2.. he already has the Half-Life anthology.

Retne

If Alan Wake does show up again, I'm kinda on the fence as to whether I should get it or not. I played the game on the 360 and definitely enjoyed it... but I wonder if having the game run better and look a lot clearer would improve it for me... that was definitely one of my bigger issues... hmmm...

You could always just grab American Nightmare if you haven't played that yet. It's stand alone so you don't need the base game to play it.

Tess3ract

Banned
I was super excited to try CitiesXL 2012 but the UI is like, not even Sims 1 quality. It feels absurdly cheap. You got text being cut off because it's too much for the UI, you got a feeling of flat and clunkyness from the controls.

Not worth $40 normally, not even worth $5 imo. What a waste.

OK, now I just need a good deal on Singularity and that'll be just about everything on my B and C list. Most everything else I'm interested in is already in my library.

Regardless, I can wait.

mr. grape

I got it for $7.50 on GamersGate a little while back. It's a decent game for the price, the graphics are beautiful and it's actually a VERY good port of the console version, so much that I think it's better than it was on console and runs at a perfectly stable framerate. The voice acting and story kinda suck, but the gameplay was enjoyable enough for me although sort of repetitive. If you don't mind that, it's worth buying at $10. The DLC isn't worth it though, might wanna skip the limited edition. Took me 14 hours to finish the game + DLC.. should take you at least 10 hours or so.

Crayons

Banned
$7.65 Dead Island (part of 4 pack)
$6.24 Hitman Collection
$3.74 Alan Wake American Nightmare
$7.49 Alan Wake
$3.74 From Dust
$2.49 Toy Soldiers
$9.99 Half-Life Complete
$3.74 Tomb Raider: Legend
$3.74 Tomb Raider: Anniversary
$3.74 Tomb Raider: Underworld
$3.74 Max Payne Bundle
$0.74 Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb
$3.74 Lara Croft GOL
$?.?? Lara Croft GOL DLC
$9.99 Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
$3.74 Trine 2

At first I only got Alan Wake, then later people in the thread said American Nightmare was good, so I got them as two separate purchases. Wish I had gotten the cheaper bundle.

Spent at least $74.51 in total.

So far I played Half Life, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, and Dead Island. I really wanted to pick up Mass Effect this year but I already went way over the $50 in my Steam Wallet. I'm going to have to sell stuff like a junkie to get more games. Also, I wanted Legend of Grimrock but I decided to wait until the winter sale.

I got it for $7.50 on GamersGate a little while back. It's a decent game for the price, the graphics are beautiful and it's actually a VERY good port of the console version, so much that I think it's better than it was on console and runs at a perfectly stable framerate. The voice acting and story kinda suck, but the gameplay was enjoyable enough for me although sort of repetitive. If you don't mind that, it's worth buying at $10. The DLC isn't worth it though, might wanna skip the limited edition. Took me 14 hours to finish the game + DLC.. should take you at least 10 hours or so.

Cheers

My sale ends here. Nothing can top my haul... I guess...

I have gaming and backlog for years to come.

The Witcher 2
Civ V
Saints Row 3rd
Arkham City

Gift
orcs

Gifted away
Max Payne
KOTOR

feel

iAqlH8wNBJEYX.jpg

Not too bad for being about one third of the way through the sale. I did spend about $40 on Amazon on a bunch of games a few days ago. That last day when I pull the trigger on everything on my wishlist that wasn't a daily will be brutal on my wallet.

edit-
I like how every day I go to bed at the same time after that 12:01am PDT vote and flash, and I get to get up about 8-9 hours later without missing anything because of the way the timers are set up.

I'm sure it'll come up again, at least as a daily.

Unlikely. It has already shown up as a vote and as a flash deal. So far, no flash deals have reappeared as a daily deal, so it seems unlikely it will come up again unless it's in the recap day (which is a crapshoot.).

A lot of people have been confusing votes showing as daily/flash deals and daily/flash deals showing up as a vote with the repeats being possible with any category, but the patterns suggest otherwise.

Tess3ract

Banned
Blades of Time is literally the same game as X-Blade so there's that.

Also again no one buy sword of the stars 2.

I wanted it but when I actually played it it was so bad. SAD FACE

Whoever that was that just added me, I hope I didnt come across like a jerk, but I really do need to leave open slots in my friends list for people who need to buy from the US store during the sale. The friends list fills up quick.

I didnt even know this game existed until this page. Looks like it's right up my alley. 3rd person fantasy adventure game.

Salsa

@Memes.. haha they REALLY need to expand the friend list quota

They need to let me tick boxes and delete a bunch of friends at once. Back when I first got Steam I added tons of people who I never spoke with. Now it's too much of a hassle to go through erasing them and since some gaffers have different names I dont wanna delete anyone by mistake.

so how'd the sword of the stars 1 turn out?

Or in other words, whats the best space 4x game out these days? Sins of a Solar Empire? Endless Space?

I'd be interested to know. From my outsider knowledge, I'm thinking the tiers are:

A
Gal Civ 2
B+
Sins of a Solar Empire
B
Endless Space (but with potential to be higher)
E
Swords of the Stars 2

If Dead Space 2 wins the community vote, I'm going to have to hit up someone in the States. The price gouging for that one here in Australia is terrible...

LiK

They need to let me tick boxes and delete a bunch of friends at once. Back when I first got Steam I added tons of people who I never spoke with. Now it's too much of a hassle to go through erasing them and since some gaffers have different names I dont wanna delete anyone by mistake.

Delete unknowns if they're not in the GAF Steam group. I'm sure they'll readd you if they care.

wilflare

oh at least show me "Last Chat on DDMMYYYY"

Amagon

Ahh, this is getting annoying for me right now. Having issues loading Max Payne 3. I re install 3 times which took the whole day and still can't get the game to load. It won't recognize the Enter key to start the game. Sometimes it does work but then I'm stuck at the Initializing screen. I just don't get it and I'm reading the Steam forums for a solution but still nothing. The game actually worked the first time I install it but after that, problems, problems, problems. Anybody can help me out here?

I'd be interested to know. From my outsider knowledge, I'm thinking the tiers are:

A
Gal Civ 2
B+
Sins of a Solar Empire
B
Endless Space (but with potential to be higher)
E
Swords of the Stars 2

ah yea Gal Civ 2 is another that i have on my wish list wondering how it is. I have a huge fascination and intimidation of the 4x games. I just don't have a good feel of what are the top end stuff these days

Uthred

Has Sword of the Stars II being patched into something decent yet? I remember seeing somewhere that it was fairly decent after the last major patch

neoism

Jul 15, 2012$0.74Purchase
Saints Row: The Third - Special Ops Vehicle Pack

Jul 15, 2012$0.49Purchase
Saints Row: The Third - Money Shot Pack

Jul 15, 2012$3.74Purchase
Trine 2

Jul 15, 2012$2.49Purchase
Magicka

Jul 15, 2012$1.69Purchase
Batman Arkham City: Arkham City Skins Pack DLC

Jul 14, 2012$7.99Purchase
Ys Origin

Jul 13, 2012$2.49Purchase
Terraria

Jul 13, 2012$9.99Purchase
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition

Jul 12, 2012$12.49Purchase
Saints Row: The Third

Jul 12, 2012$100.00Wallet Credit
Wallet $100.00 Credit

I love steam

baconcow

Bit.Trip Runner ($2.50)
Company of Heroes: Gold ($7.50, value through trade of Steam Sale item)
Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam ($2.50)
DCS: Black Shark ($5.00)
Europa Universalis III Chronicles (TONY!)
Frozen Synapse: Complete Pack ($7.00, have an extra copy, PM me offer)
Half-Life 1: Source ($2.50)
Max Payne Bundle ($3.75)
Mount & Blade: Warband (TONY!)
Mount & Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars ($2.50)
Sid Meier's Civilization V: GotY ($12.50)
SpaceChem ($2.50)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic ($2.50)
The Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb ($0.75)
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition ($2.50)
Tomb Raider: Anniversary ($2.50)
Tomb Raider: Underworld ($5.00)
Total War: Shogun 2 Bundle ($20.00)
----------------------
$81.50 (19 games, 18 expansions)

Looking for:

Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
Just Cause 2 (hopefully for the next Community Vote winner)
Medieval II: Total War Gold
Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
World in Conflict

Here in Nova Scotia, one full-priced $60 XBOX 360 game comes to $69 after adding our 15% tax. All in all, this is an insane value for $81.50.

Those wondering why so many games. These are essentially the only PC games I own, as I am moving away from the huge expensive I give to console games.

Ahh, this is getting annoying for me right now. Having issues loading Max Payne 3. I re install 3 times which took the whole day and still can't get the game to load. It won't recognize the Enter key to start the game. Sometimes it does work but then I'm stuck at the Initializing screen. I just don't get it and I'm reading the Steam forums for a solution but still nothing. The game actually worked the first time I install it but after that, problems, problems, problems. Anybody can help me out here?

Do you have a controller or some other kind of peripheral plugged in?

In any event redownloading a game should be your last option. Verify integrity of game cache, delete clientregistry.blob, trouble shoot all over the internet. It would almost never be that it needed to be redownloaded, and even if it did verifying the integrity of the cache would find the files that needed to be replaced

diggler41

My haul so far:

Trine 2
Monkey Island SE Bundle
Prince of Persia
Hydrophobia: Prophecy
Orcs Must Die + Artifacts of Power and Lost Adventures
Hitman: Blood Money
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition
Painkiller: Black Edition
Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete
The Witcher 2
Max Payne Bundle
Plants vs. Zombies
Two Worlds - Epic Edition
Star Wars: KOTOR
Tropico Trilogy
Alan Wake Bundle (Summer 2012)
Portal
Half-Life Complete
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
Binding of Isaac Bundle (Summer 2012)
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
Terraria
Portal 2
Time Gentlemen, Please!

Spent something like $110 so far. Only $85 left in the budget.

Nabs

Vessel - $3.74
Frozen Synapse Red DLC - $1.99
Ys Origin - $7.99
Alan Wake Bundle - $9.99
Tomb Raider Underworld - $4.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary - $2.49
Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb - $0.74
Trine 2 - $3.74
SSFIV Costume Pack - $7.49

Not bad. I need to grab one of the POP games, and I'm set until the deals refresh.

Amagon

Do you have a controller or some other kind of peripheral plugged in?

In any event redownloading a game should be your last option. Verify integrity of game cache, delete clientregistry.blob, trouble shoot all over the internet. It would almost never be that it needed to be redownloaded, and even if it did verifying the integrity of the cache would find the files that needed to be replaced

I had a USB cable connected (no devices attached to it) so I disconnect the cable. Started the game, manage to hit the Enter button to start the game. Stuck at the Initialing screen. Restarted Max Payne 3 again and now it won't recognize the Enter key to start the game.

Koroviev

My haul so far:

Trine 2
Monkey Island SE Bundle
Prince of Persia
Hydrophobia: Prophecy
Orcs Must Die + Artifacts of Power and Lost Adventures
Hitman: Blood Money
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition
Painkiller: Black Edition
Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete
The Witcher 2
Max Payne Bundle
Plants vs. Zombies
Two Worlds - Epic Edition
Star Wars: KOTOR
Tropico Trilogy
Alan Wake Bundle (Summer 2012)
Portal
Half-Life Complete
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
Binding of Isaac Bundle (Summer 2012)
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
Terraria
Portal 2
Time Gentlemen, Please!

Spent something like $110 so far. Only $85 left in the budget.

$200 is a very generous budget. I don't think I'd plan to spend that much on games during a two-week period.

legend166

I really hope Rayman goes back on sale. I had it in my cart, but Steam wouldn't let me buy it. I forgot that it was a flash sale, then when I got home from work and went to buy it, the sale was over :(

OniShiro

Banned
Since everybody is doing it....

Here's my haul so far:

Pixeljunk Eden : 1.40€
Indie Bundle 2 : 6.99€
Renegade Ops : 1.90€
Kotor : 2.24€
Monkey Island Special Bundle : 3.74€

Total: 16.27€ ( 13.73€ left )

Status
Not open for further replies.