• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

Just picked up Hitman blood money for 2.50... Never played a hitman game before, but at that I can afford NOT to buy it?

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Decided to cave in and buy PoP 2008 and Monkey Island Special Edition bundle. I'm alright with PoP "hand holding". I really don't think the inability to die is that much different from checkpoints anyway. And the art looks gorgeous.

But to sort of lighten buyer's remorse, I've decided to purchase all uncertain purchases as gifts so that i can either trade or gift to others at the end of it all. I think it's a nice strategy that I shall employ for all future Steam sales.

eyeless

i've been wanting to get pop 08 for cheap a while but because i'm an obsessive lunatic the lack of epilogue dlc fills me with hesitance

kswiston

Sorry if these questions have been asked several times, but this thread gets 4k posts a day :p

1) Which Mount and Blade games/dlc are needed for the Song of Ice and Fire Mod? Just Warband?

2) Which Mount and Blade games are worth buying? I technically have warband, but not on Steam. I also have the first game (on Steam). Are the other two worth it?

3) Is the latest Prince of Persia game worth my time/$2.50?

Thanks

I considered buying the Walking dead, but I would imagine that it will be even cheaper during the Winter sale, and by then most/all of the episodes will be out.

kitzkozan

Damage so far
LA noire $3.78
Orcs must die GOTY $4.99
L4D2 $4.99

this is my first summer sale as i only build my new pc a month ago. if i had more money i'd splurge but payday isnt till tomorrow night!

Let's see:

Alan Wake franchise
Bastion
Borderlands GOTY
Crusader Kings 2
Darksiders
Left 4 Dead 2
Max Payne bundle
Monkey islands special edition bundle
Portal 2
Civilization V GOTY + some DLC
Super meat boy
Total War: shogun 2 blood pack and rise of the samurai DLC
Ys Origin

The total cost is 68$ which is not bad at all. I'm going to hit the 100$ by the time the sale is over, but it will be worth it in the end. I'm already set for years if not a decade. :p

must be server specific cuz i just bought it for sale price a minute ago. last min decision lol

Yeah, they, like, just fixed it as people were saying "click to product page". The price on four pack and DLC are not discounted.

EDIT: And as I submit that last edit, they fixed the four pack. DI Collection still $49.99 as of typing this. All fixed now.

Levyne

Banned
Being serious, I have a uplay account and even have the client downloaded. Is it much more than punching in some credentials and I'm good to go?

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Being serious, I have a uplay account and even have the client downloaded. Is it much more than punching in some credentials and I'm good to go?

From what I know, Uplay has been down/unstable for the past day or so.

Card Boy

Banned
Sounds like an unwanted stalker. How bad is Ubisoft/Uplay drm on PoP?

The DRM on PoP: Forgotten Sands is internet connection only at startup. You're connection can drop after that and it will work fine. Splinter Cell Conviction and the Assassins Creed games are the same. Only needs a connection at startup. It's only $2.50!

Elginer

Anyone else having this problem? Store and community won't load right and not even in a browser. Every other damn site loads but the Steam store. Did manage to get the forums to work and 2 other people have this problem, anyone else? Is there a fix for this?
ODvl0.jpg

LiK

Anyone else having this problem? Store and community won't load right and not even in a browser. Every other damn site loads but the Steam store. Did manage to get the forums to work and 2 other people have this problem, anyone else? Is there a fix for this?
ODvl0.jpg

Working fine for me

~Kinggi~

Banned
The DRM on PoP: Forgotten Sands is internet connection only at startup. You're connection can drop after that and it will work fine. Splinter Cell Conviction and the Assassins Creed games are the same. Only needs a connection at startup. It's only $2.50!

web page says it needs a constant connection.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
ODvl0.jpg

Valve is telling you to stop spending money.

Eternia

Why is The Last Remnant still so expensive?
Be glad the regular price is actually $30 and not the ridiculous $50 after it had a price increase last year. On the bright side, I think with how the deals are structured this summer, it probably has a better chance of a deeper discount. It being $7.50 on Gamersgate earlier shows that they're willing too at least.

hmm is it FLAC on Steam?
It's 320kbps mp3 on Steam.

Milamber

But really, if you plan on going through the whole PoP franchise, I suggest getting the first & PoP '08 as they are not related & both offer slightly different gameplay. By the time you're finished, Autumn or Winter Sale will roll around with these games at two fiddy again. Then you can get the rest. They were that price last sale too.

Levyne

Banned

Sigh..

VMsH1.png

ugh can't decide whether or not to buy skyrim. have a huge backlog but really have been wanting to finally try this. can't believe how long it's taking for the price to drop though. Almost 8 months after release I'd thought I'd be able to get it for less than 50% off...

What should I do GAF?

ODvl0.jpg

Yes, been troubleshooting it for the last hour or so and nothing's working.

Card Boy

Banned
web page says it needs a constant connection.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2710656
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2373521

I have the non-Steam version and i can confirm it doesn't need a constant online connection. If you're still not convinced and don't belive me just treat it as a $2.50 rental.

The Steam page isn't always correct. The Farcry 2 page still says it has SecuROM, this isn't true as it got removed 2 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom