• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koroviev

I don't hear people talk much about Hitman: Codename 47. Should I just get Hitman 2 and Blood Money, and save myself a tiny bit of money? I already have too many Steam games anyways, so I'm trying to avoid buying stuff I'm almost certainly never going to play.

Probably just Blood Money would be fine.

Need some opinions on Blades of Time.
Metacritic says it's a shit game, but I found the demo.... *gulp* enjoyable. :(

How is the full game?

Love this game. Got it for Xbox 'cause it looked Sucker Punch-y. The story's nothing to rave about but the combat is so much fun. I haven't beaten it yet but I think the campaign is around 10 hours.

$11 for LE is so tempting, hrm...

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, Borderlands is AWESOME! And I got to try the co-op, it's real fun playing with another person. Don't know how come I've never played this game until now, but I surely won't be making the same mistake when the sequel comes out.

I don't hear people talk much about Hitman: Codename 47. Should I just get Hitman 2 and Blood Money, and save myself a tiny bit of money? I already have too many Steam games anyways, so I'm trying to avoid buying stuff I'm almost certainly never going to play.

Codename 47 has a particularly fantastic hotel mission which I always like to revisit from time to time.

but aside from that it definitely shows its age and is a pretty fussy game overall

Card Boy

Banned
I see Swords & Stars 2 getting 2 massive patches a month. To me that says the game was incomplete combined with the Metascore of 44. I would probably avoid unless your staving for these types of games.

I see Swords & Stars 2 getting 2 massive patches a month. To me that says the game was incomplete combined with the Metascore of 44. I would probably avoid unless your staving for these types of games.

Space themed 4x games are some of my favorite games of all time.

I've never played sots 2 but have heard TERRIBLE things. Much along the lines of what you're saying. Pretty incomplete when released. Don't know how the support has been afterwards.

TheChits

Wow, Borderlands is AWESOME! And I got to try the co-op, it's real fun playing with another person. Don't know how come I've never played this game until now, but I surely won't be making the same mistake when the sequel comes out.

Borderlands is indeed awesome. Glad to hear people are enjoying it

Miker

EURO JANK

EURO JANK AS FAR AS THE EYES CAN SEE

Really, though, nothing for me in the new deals. Sword of the Stars II is supposed to be broken beyond belief, and I believe the X series has a reboot/prequel/new title coming out soon.

Omikron

I've never played sots 2 but have heard TERRIBLE things. Much along the lines of what you're saying. Pretty incomplete when released. Don't know how the support has been afterwards.

I picked it up recently in a paradox pack off Amazon... I will get around to playing it soon enough!

dreamfall

Sands of Time if you don't mind a game from 2003.

PoP 2008 if you do.

Maybe Forgotten Sands, but haven't played it, and have read arguments for and against.

I'd have to agree with this. Sands of Time is truly the best PoP game- gameplay/narrative. My second favorite is also PoP 2008- people complained about the death issue, but the gameplay was top notch.

Tobe

current pick ups

Rayman Origins

Saints Row: The Third

Assassins Creed Revelations Gold Edition

Alan Wake Bundle

Trine 2 (x2)

Retne

So, in short, it's a Paradox game?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Both new deals look kind of rubbish to me.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Caved and bought Borderlands GOTY literally seconds before it ended. Buyer's regret coming in 3, 2, 1........
Believe me, you won't. After 80 minutes in (today's my first time playing it, btw), I'm finding it hard to go back to Max Payne 3 (a game I've yet to finish, and which I've been enjoying immensely) even though I know I should. Yes, it's THAT good!

Oh, and if you wanna play co-op sometime, just add me to Steam (my profile is the same as my nick: RionaaM).

Aselith

I bought an X game a sale or two ago, had no idea what to do, and just quit the game after less than 10 minutes. Typical Steam sale purchase experience.

The game is incredibly engaging if you take the time to really get it down. Took me about 20 hours, ha! But the game is incredibly rewarding and I went on to spend nearly 100 hours playing it without feeling like I had scratched the surface.

So far:

05.99 Legend of Grimrock
04.48 Might and Magic Clash of Heroes + DLC
14.99 Rayman Origins
03.98 Section 8; Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb
07.48 Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition (From 4-pack)
07.49 Super Street Fighter: All-in Costume Pack
02.49 Toy Soldiers
07.99 Ys Origin
08.38 Two Worlds 2 - Pirates of the Flying Fortress; Dead Island: Ryder White DLC
03.39 Batman Arkham City: Harley Quinn
01.33 Gotham City Impostors: Mega XP Boost Solo; Mega XP Boost Team; Costume Coin Boost Solo
09.98 Qube, Saints Row: The Third - Shark Attack Pack; Invincible Pack; Z Style Pack; Explosive Combat Pack;
Warrior Pack; Money Shot Pack; Bloodsucker Pack; Steelport Gangs Pack; Penthouse Pack; Witches and Wieners Pack

Total: 77.97

not so bad, yet, considering I had $150 in steam wallet from gamestop trades.

oh wait...

Also have these Amazon steam purchases from the same time frame:

10.85 Binary Domain
27.15 Spec Ops the Line
21.71 Call of Duty Black Ops
16.28 Sniper Elite V2

Total: 75.99

...shit.

Retne

Only published by them, so no.

Huh. Ya learn something new every day.

X games are fairly popular if you're looking for a space sim.

I personally found the one game I took a chance on impenetrable.

Ya I have X3:TC and you really need to read/watch some tutorials and walkthroughs before you will ever have any clue what the hell is going on. It's pretty fun once you do if you're looking for a deep space sim. Plenty of crap to trade, stuff to shoot, and places to explore. You just really have to want it.

I'm hoping the next X game will be a bit easier to get into but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

This is my first Steam sale so far and I have to say that I'm loving it. Sure, the timing could have been kinder to my wallet, but I've done alright so far. I've picked up:

$4.99 - 2 x Left 4 Dead 2 (for a friend and I)
$4.99 - Orcs Must Die! GOTY ed.
$6.99 - Frozen Synapse Complete ed.

Total - $21.96

It still sucks that I missed out on both the Half-Life Complete collection and the Alan Wake Franchise collection. Especially the former as I've never experienced the HL series, but I'm enjoying the variety of bargains available and looking into titles that I might otherwise have turned my back on.

LiK

This is my first Steam sale so far and I have to say that I'm loving it. Sure, the timing could have been kinder to my wallet, but I've done alright so far. I've picked up:

2 x Left 4 Dead 2 (for a friend and I)
Orcs Must Die! GOTY ed.
Frozen Synapse Complete ed.

It still sucks that I missed out on both the Half-Life Complete collection and the Alan Wake Franchise collection. Especially the former as I've never experienced the HL series, but I'm enjoying the variety of bargains available and looking into titles that I might otherwise have turned my back on.

Don't worry about HL deals. Valve pimps them every chance they get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom