• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since people are posting their hauls already
GabeN isn't done with you yet

I'm thinking/hoping this is what I'll stop at

The Walking Dead - $14.99
Ys Origin - $7.99
Assassin's Creed Revelations Gold - $16.99
Alan Wake's American Nightmare - $3.74
The Bind of Isaac Bundle - $2.23

Total = $45.94

Pretty happy with it

Also got Binary Domain and Max Payne 3 from Amazon earlier this month.

If anybody needs help buying Dead Space 2 I'm going to be up for awhile. There are some other US gaffers here too I think.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197978617538

Oh yeah, my haul. Nothing. It's going to be the Christmas sale of 2010 all over again. I'm going to wait and wait for the game I want to go on sale, then finally give up on the second to last day when a really good offer pops up, then the game I wanted will be on sale on the last day.

Card Boy

Banned
It's probably the same people that work for EA that put up the fake Metacritic reviews that have multiple Steam accounts voting up Dead Space 2.

the summer sale really brings the best out of people.. got this email in the morning.. hopinggg i get trine 2 as well but i guess one can't be lucky twice =P

9Eb2oF9q31elCMFq8CNGZ9wI.jpg

alba

Little is the new Big
Welp, crap. I'm hoping for Just Cause to get a daily deal then (or another flash deal) whatever works, gimme that 75% gaben!!

Oh well. Doesn't really matter, all three of those games have been on sale more times than I can remember.

All it needed was a fourth option with Titan Quest

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Dead Space...

Dumb. I was hoping for GTA IV, but I knew it'd never happen.

HockeyDud

Neo Member
Just waiting for the deal on Arcania to switch and then it's off to bed for me. I hope it's Driver San Francisco, the last game on my wishlist.

feel

Aww I already have just cause 2 so I wanted GTA4 for CIenhacer or whatever it's called. Will double dip on DS2 to check out the pc visuals I guess.

Dead Space 2 is $60 over here, so it will show up at $15. Someone up for gifting me the $5 copy with payment through paypal?

Witchcraft.

Phew, got lucky again! Haha, friend of mine got the first DS for free and got me DS2 on Amazon for 5. So not lucky for him, but good for me. Kinda sounded like an ass, but it's only 2 bucks difference.

I didn't even necessarily want DS. I would have bought it or JC2 as I don't have either. I guess DS would win because the votes on AAA titles seem to go against the general consensus on GAF.

opinions on Darkness II?

Its a corridor shooter with a neat look to it and some unique mechanics a lot of your kills are going to be coming from your powers and not guns. The story is interesting, but the ending is a total WTF if you don't know anything about the comics. I had to go read a wiki to understand what happened. Its a good game, but if its this or something you want to buy for it to drop to $7.50. If you just want a non-traditional shooter then go for it.

$200 is a very generous budget. I don't think I'd plan to spend that much on games during a two-week period.

Its my typical Steam budget. Outside of Steam sales, I only bought like two games last year (Dark Souls and Rayman)..

I dont think $200 is that much given that THREE console games would be that much ($60x3 + tax). For the price of three console games I get like 20. And I'll spend the next year or so finding gems I bought and playing them.

I beat four games last month (Batman AC, Reccetear, Hamiltons Great Adventure Space Marine) and I am near the end of two more (Grimrock and Orcs must Die). And thats not counting the hours and hours Ive out into Civ V or the ton of multiplayer games of Greed Corps, Dungeon Defenders, Renegade Ops, Left 4 Dead etc).

All of those but one (Grimrock) are games i bought during Steam sales. Its my stock up time for the rest of the year.

Levyne

Banned
Being fair, though, having to pay 60 dollars for console games is rare too. At least in the us. Tons of ways to avoid that.

Was Alan Wake a daily yet though?

Well its been a flash, its been a community pick so why not.

Unless I missed it, I dont think it has been a flash deal yet. And with it missing the community vote it hasn't been up there either. I don't think any of that would change whether or not a game ends up being a daily anyway.

Damage so far:
Max Payne Bundle: $3.74
Star Wars: KOTOR: $2.49
Renegade Ops - Four Pack: $1.88
Borderlands GOTY: $7.49
Hitman Collection: $6.24

Total: $21.84
Average price per game is $2.73
Wonder how much DS and DS2 is gonna be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom