• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owensboro

Does the 2008 Prince of Persia contain the Epilogue DLC that was actually the real ending they cut in order to make more money?

Also, wasn't the 2010 The Forgotten Sands just a remake of Sands of Time? I haven't tried playing a PoP game since the awful taste that Two Thrones left in my mouth.

Does the 2008 Prince of Persia contain the Epilogue DLC that was actually the real ending they cut in order to make more money?

Also, wasn't the 2010 The Forgotten Sands just a remake of Sands of Time? I haven't tried playing a PoP game since the awful taste that Two Thrones left in my mouth.

Not even a little bit. It's a sequel to Sands of Time that takes place between SoT and Warrior Within.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Jul 15, 2012 $9.99Purchase
Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Four

Jul 14, 2012 $7.99Purchase
Ys Origin

Jul 14, 2012 $9.99Purchase
Bioshock Franchise Pack (Summer 2012)

Jul 14, 2012 $9.99Purchase
Alan Wake Bundle (Summer 2012)

Jul 13, 2012 $3.74Purchase
Trine 2

Jul 12, 2012 $2.49Purchase
Crusader Kings II Sword of Islam

Jul 12, 2012 $37.48Purchase
CKII DLC Combo, Saints Row: The Third Franchise Pack

$81.67 so far. Basically half of which came on the first day.

Owensboro

I think of the PoP trilogy it was the most similar to Sands of Time but not an actual remake.

Not even a little bit. It's a sequel to Sands of Time that takes place between SoT and Warrior Within.

Just read a few reviews. I have no idea why I thought it was a straight up remake. Almost every review says it's a game people who liked Sands of Time but hated Two Thrones would like.

If PoP 2008 contains the Epilogue DLC the I think I'm going to be buying both. Time to do some research....

Jul 14, 2012 $7.99Purchase
Ys Origin

Just a random aside: I've been playing Ys Origin for the last two days and it is SO MUCH FUN. It reminds me of Secret of Mana, but you don't have to worry about leveling up weapons/mana, the story isn't quite as "Epic", and the combat is much more fluid (meaning, with skill you can dodge enemy attacks). Thus far, it's been my favorite impulse buy of this sale. If it goes on Daily Deal, I highly recommend it to everyone!

HockeyDud

Neo Member
Started with $90, running on $27 left.

So far,

Amnesia The Dark Descent
Alan Wake Collection
Bioshock 2
Darksiders
DiRT (loved the first one had to at 2.50)
Prince of Persia

Basically just hoping for Driver to get a flash sale or daily and that'll be it for me, unless some other deals really pop out. I've been a console gamer until I finally got a gaming PC. Thing was 565 on Newegg and it runs Battlefield 3 on high at stable framerate and like every other game I've played on Ultra with 40 fps plus. Syndicate, even with its over done lighting looks fantastic.

Amazon (Used some extra funds here)
Dead Space 1 and 2
Syndicate
Sniper Elite V2
Battlefield 3

my tiny haul so far:

Alan Wake Bundle (Sumner 2012) 8.99€
L.A Noire C.E 4.78€
Saints Row the Third's Trouble with the Clones 1.39€

I hope I can get a cheap GTA IV or a Just Cause 2 hot deal. I was looking forward to get Max Payne at 24.99€ but I found a retail deal at 29.99€ so I think I will stick with the retail one, I'd rather spend 5€ more for a physical title.

senahorse

The epilogue was console only I believe.

DTKT

Small haul so far. Already have most of the games I want! :|

Joint Task Force - Probably terrible, I have some good memories of that game when I was 15 and I had a terrible PC.

Sword of the Stars - I really want to play with spaceships. And I'm ready to suffer.

Walking Dead - GAF forced me to buy it. Damn you!

X3: Albion Prelude has been on my wishlist for some time. Should I just get that or the whole X bundle? I don't think I'll enjoy it enough to really play through all the rest, so I'm wondering if there is a definitive X game to get, or just go with the most recent?

inky

eSRyJ.png

Pretty tame so far. LOTR WitN was from GMG.

VandalD

What I got so far:

Trine 2 $3.74
- First Trine is really good. This is even better. No-brainer buy.

Lara Croft Guardian of Light ($3.74) - Hoping it's as good in single player as people have said.

Lara Croft Guardian of Light: Legacy of Kain Character Pack ($0.86) - I'm enough a fan of Legacy of Kain, and this felt cheap enough for what it is.

Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb ($0.74) - I got Isaac for cheap, and I enjoyed my time with it. Can't argue against a purchase this small.

Ys Origin ($7.99) - Got Oath at full price when it came out, and it was completely awesome and challenging. Hoping for more of that with Origin.

Batman Arkham City, and DLC, except for skins ($19.33) - Loved Asylum. Didn't know about the DRM until I booted that game up, and it wasn't nearly intrusive or limited enough to hurt my time with it. Taking a bit of a risk here. High hopes for when I finally get this downloaded. Thinking I'll like the open world more than Asylum. Probably should have been smart and waited on the DLC to make sure I don't have any weird problems, but couldn't help myself.

I wanted to get AssCreedRev, but I passed on that, along with Saints Row 3 and Space Marine. I'd rather get Saints Row 3 in one big package with all the DLC. Space Marine's demo didn't really hold my interest, even though I tend to be into hack, shoot, and slashes. AssCreedRev, well, if it's not better than Brotherhood, I can't see why I'd want it, especially since I'm not a fan of uPlay. It felt more intrusive and pointless than GFWL with Batman.

Might be done with this sale now. I already had a ton of games to play through before this sale started, especially including games I got on GOG. I'd like to pick up Fortune Summoners for a bit cheaper, but somehow I don't think it'll end up as a special deal. Considering just buying it and being done. But then, it's way too early - only going into day 5 of the sale. Stupid, awesome Steam sales. Gotta keep waiting for those dailies ...

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
X3: Albion Prelude has been on my wishlist for some time. Should I just get that or the whole X bundle? I don't think I'll enjoy it enough to really play through all the rest, so I'm wondering if there is a definitive X game to get, or just go with the most recent?

I've never played any of the X games, but reading around (because I'm quite interested), Albion Prelude seems to be DLC, while Terran Conflict is standalone.

I'm thinking about just going with Terran Conflict, myself.

So between Risen and Arcania which game is better and why?

Risen is better in every way except graphics. It has a better story, better roleplaying with meaningful choices and consequences, a better battle system, better writing (though not stellar objectively), better eveerything really. Arcania just has some pretty locations.

Owensboro

The epilogue was console only I believe.

Yup, just saw a bunch of reports from 2009 saying it was "Console Only". Damn, that makes the decision to get it a little harder, even at $2.50. I guess I could always just watch a Youtube "Lets Play" of the DLC.... Hrmmm....

I've never played any of the X games, but reading around (because I'm quite interested), Albion Prelude seems to be DLC, while Terran Conflict is standalone.

I'm thinking about just going with Terran Conflict, myself.

Oh seriously? Huh, yeah, just took a look myself and Albion Prelude does seem to be the DLC to Terran Conflict. I added Albion Prelude because it was one of the achievement games during the Winter Sale. Fucking glad I didn't bite back then because that would have sucked.

I'll think on Terran Conflict, I have a few hours before I'm gonna sleep.

Katoki

I don't though =/

might bite on it, thanks.

My brother played the entire game with KBM. I play on a controller and find it takes a little more effort to aim well.

Edit: Massive delay when trying to type a post with Saints Row 3 running. One letter per second basically.

Ledsen

I was super excited to try CitiesXL 2012 but the UI is like, not even Sims 1 quality. It feels absurdly cheap. You got text being cut off because it's too much for the UI, you got a feeling of flat and clunkyness from the controls.

Not worth $40 normally, not even worth $5 imo. What a waste.

My girlfriend loves it. Until sc5 it's also pretty unique. Well worth a buy I'd say.

HockeyDud

Neo Member
So, assuming Just Cause 2 wins the vote, whose going to get it just for the MP mod. I'm having a hard time deciding whether to get that for the MP mod, or GTA 4 for the ENB series mod and because I never finished it on consoles :p

What's the verdict on the X games?

I like EVE Online and these seem similar.

Worth it to get the whole pack? Or just Terran Conflict? And if Terran Conflict, Albion Prelude as well? Those two would be cheaper than the entire pack. Not sure if the others are worth it, even if they're cheap.

Koroviev

So, assuming Just Cause 2 wins the vote, whose going to get it just for the MP mod they released. I'm having a hard time deciding whether to get that for the MP mod, or GTA 4 for the ENB series mod and because I never finished it on consoles :p

JC2. Don't support GFWL and lousy ports.

Firebrand

The DRM on PoP: Forgotten Sands is internet connection only at startup. You're connection can drop after that and it will work fine. Splinter Cell Conviction and the Assassins Creed games are the same. Only needs a connection at startup. It's only $2.50!
Is there a big Ubi launcher I need to log into or something? Does UbiDRM install a system service, or is it all embedded in the executable?

I'd be interested to know. From my outsider knowledge, I'm thinking the tiers are:

A
Gal Civ 2
B+
Sins of a Solar Empire
B
Endless Space (but with potential to be higher)
E
Swords of the Stars 2
lol

Avoid if you don't have a gamepad.

Otherwise, pretty brilliant.
After watching GiantBomb's quick look. I can see why you need one. Don't have a gamepad sadly. Would have bought it.

Risen is better in every way except graphics. It has a better story, better roleplaying with meaningful choices and consequences, a better battle system, better writing (though not stellar objectively), better eveerything really. Arcania just has some pretty locations.

I'll stay away then thanks.

Enco

So, assuming Just Cause 2 wins the vote, whose going to get it just for the MP mod. I'm having a hard time deciding whether to get that for the MP mod, or GTA 4 for the ENB series mod and because I never finished it on consoles :p
GTA IV ENB doesn't work that well with Steam. Need te retail version to get the best out of it.

MP mod or JC2 hasn't been released. It gets tested every now and then.

Both games are well worth buying. Even with no mods. Two of the best games I have on pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom