• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I'm voting for Star Wars.

Ultimadrago

Fallout 3 GOTY is also a Flash Deal for $4.99

http://store.steampowered.com/app/22370/

It's working 100% fine here on Windows 7 64bit.

qZtwb.png
War. War never changes.
qZtwb.png

Bought.

I'm kind of thinking vanilla New Vegas will be enough for me. I men that is what 80 hpurs of missions? I'm not sure I need more Fallout than that especially woth other stuff to play.

Unless the dlc is particularly amazing... Is it?

Edgeward

New Vegas is amazing. You should buy the living hell out of it.

I'm kind of thinking vanilla New Vegas will be enough for me. I men that is what 80 hpurs of missions? I'm not sure I need more Fallout than that especially woth other stuff to play.

Vanilla took me about 55 hours to complete.

Old World Blues is the stand out DLC for me. Lonesome Road is too combat heavy and Honest Hearts was just plain disappointing. Never played Dead Money.

Enco

Just picked up:

NV Ultimate
Warband Napoleon DLC

Might pick up:

Fallout 3

Is F3 steamworks or GFWL? Already had a retail copy but lost access to my old GFWL account so can't play.

Yeah it works but for people with quad core processors it takes some tweaking.

It will probably save them some headaches to just say it doesn't work with W7

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Well, that's Jagged Alliance voted for as I own the other games.

Still debating whether to get Serious Sam 3, I like the games but I'm still on the fence for some reason, bah.

hitmon

Its actually cheaper to get NV and the DLC vs getting the ultimate edition. Unless theres more than just the 3 DLC I see listed.

Lancehead

The DLC is pretty good. A lot of the DLC content is better than the main game. And the content is very varied as well. As for playtimes, the main game took me about 120h and the DLC about 40-50h

KarmaCow

What is the DRM like for Dead Space 2? Were the technical issues the first game had fixed for the PC version for 2?

I don't think there is any DRM and they patched in all weapon/armour DLC. That also means there is a ton of relatively overpowered stuff in the store for free. The in game AA doesn't seem to work but there are ways to get AA outside of the game. There is also an issue of loading bugging out and never completing, leaving you stuck on the loading screen until you alt+f4 out.

Other than that it runs great. Even my shitty laptop could get 60 fps most of the time with things on high.

Its actually cheaper to get NV and the DLC vs getting the ultimate edition. Unless theres more than just the 3 DLC I see listed.

There are 4 'big' DLC packs that are sidequests and a few weapon/armour skin packs as well. It's cheaper to get the Ultimate edition if you want everything.

This may be the last time I say this in this thread but

Maaaaaaaaannn windows onlyyyy you're killing meee. I know I can just get a windows license for a Mac, but that isn in the cards right now.

Plus, I'm saving more money this way ;)

Herla

I wanted to buy New Vegas, but then realized Obsidian wouldn't receive a single cent...yeah, I'll leave it there for now.

Damn. I wanted to get both Fallout 3 and New Vegas. But that price for New Vegas Ultimate is so good. But then I cant get both. Gabe why have you cursed me with these first world problems!?

Einbroch

Banned
Binding of Isaac + expansion
Europa Universalis III
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition
Just Cause 2
Kane and Lynch 2
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes
Mount and Blade: Warband
Portal
Portal 2
SpaceChem
Supreme Commander 2
Ys: Origin

All for...$24.96.

:lol Steam/Amazon

Ziltoid

Unconfirmed Member
I kinda want the X Superbox, but I'm not completely sure. I played a little bit of X3:Reunion when I was 14, but I never really got anywhere in the game. I remember it was very nice looking though.

Also: Should I have played other Ys -games in order to fully enjoy the two on steam?

Please vote Jagged Alliance people. Force II is junk, and everybody has had a cheaply bought Guerrilla for years now, it was free with Darksiders FFS.

Don't make me wait for JA to be a daily.

Edgeward

I kinda want the X Superbox, but I'm not completely sure. I played a little bit of X3:Reunion when I was 14, but I never really got anywhere in the game. I remember it was very nice looking though.

Also: Should I have played other Ys -games in order to fully enjoy the two on steam?

No, they are each self-contained and awesome.

Chris R

I don't think there is any DRM and they patched in all weapon/armour DLC. That also means there is a ton of relatively overpowered stuff in the store for free. The in game AA doesn't seem to work but there are ways to get AA outside of the game. There is also an issue of loading bugging out and never completing, leaving you stuck on the loading screen until you alt+f4 out.

Other than that it runs great. Even my shitty laptop could get 60 fps most of the time with things on high.

There are 4 'big' DLC packs that are sidequests and a few weapon/armour skin packs as well. It's cheaper to get the Ultimate edition if you want everything.

Don't want everything, just want the base game. Good to know about the DRM. Just hope the vsync issues aren't as bad as they were in the first game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom