• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, Fallout 3 is better. At least it has a central storyline, even if it's not that great. There's also more interesting exploration to be had. There's nothing worth finding that you're not directed to in New Vegas.

This is the problem I had with New Vegas. I spent over 150 hours in Fallout 3 and loved to just walk around and find stuff and do little sidequests and discover new places. After 15 hours in New Vegas I realized there isn't much to find or to discover and so I dropped it. I still wish I could get into it, because I'll probably never touch FO3 again.

knitoe

I need to stop myself. Buying stuff I already own just to have them on the PC/Steam.

So far:
Fallout 3 GOTY
Fallout NV Ultimate
Dead Space Collection
Prince of Persia Complete Pack
Trine Bundle

Did I miss out on the Tomb Raider collection?

Another burned out one here, couldn't pull myself to finish Skyrim after 40-50 hours, that's it from Bethesda for me.

I'm in the same boat. I really really enjoyed skyrim... Until I realized it was basically the same thing I've already put a few hundred hours into only in different incarnations. It suddenly became very hard to enjoy that game beyond that. I'll get back to it eventually :(

Katoki

I need to stop myself. Buying stuff I already just to have them on the PC/Steam.

So far:
Fallout 3 GOTY
Fallout NV Ultimate
Dead Space Collection
Prince of Persia Complete Pack
Trine Bundle

Did I miss out on Tomb Raider collection?

Yar. But there's still a week to see it again.

kadotsu

Banned
I wanted to thank wilflare, I H8 Memes , opticalmace for the tremendous help they provided in getting me uncensored versions of great games!

leroidys

That sucks how they're just doing meager sales on indie bundles. It was way better when they would just do lightning deals for a single indie game.

Anyway, I snagged from dust because I had about 4.50 in my steam wallet. I am pleased.

PaulLFC

Is Sword of the Stars II a bad game for experienced Sword of the Stars I players, or just a bad game in general?

Has it improved at all?

-Mikey-

I was waiting for dear esther to drop. Probably won't be a daily but not sure if I should bite yet.

I'm also in the camp hoping for another Ys sale. Wasn't around during the flash sale and all of the positive comments have me stoked.

Katoki

I'm in the same boat. I really really enjoyed skyrim... Until I realized it was basically the same thing I've already put a few hundred hours into only in different incarnations. It suddenly became very hard to enjoy that game beyond that. I'll get back to it eventually :(

Who needs to finish Skyrim? I have 170+ hours in it from PS3 (120-150+ hours) and now PC (50 hours) and it's all from running around with different mods doing... stuff.

Hell my game is so broken I that I think I can ONLY do main and major quest line quests. Radiant quests are completely broken.

Tomodachi

That sucks how they're just doing meager sales on indie bundles. It was way better when they would just do lightning deals for a single indie game.

Anyway, I snagged from dust because I had about 4.50 in my steam wallet. I am pleased.

It's a bad pc port and you'll have trouble playing it right now with uplay servers down, but it's a great game and a bigger and more polished sequel would take priority on my wishlist. I really really enjoyed it despite the not-so-good port (play it with a 360 pad!).

Amzin

Funny thing about the sale: I bought something like 10+ games so far, all from my wishlist, and my wishlist is actually INCREASING. What is happening I don't even...!

haha, I was going to post something like this. I blame skimming this damn thread. Recommendations are piling up :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well, I'm a dummy. I bought the Complete Shooter Pack thinking it included Alien Shooter 2: Conscription in addition to the other Alien Shooter game I was missing (it's the same price as those two games combined). Sure enough, after purchasing, I realised I had misread the package description -- despite the name, it doesn't include Conscription, so I had to buy it separately. What an embarrassing waste of $2.50.

I know the retail version isn't Steamworks, but for everyone asking for Kingdom of Amular: It's $40 at Best Buy, use the $30 off coupon from the latest Gamer mag (you SHOULD already have a subscription, but if you don't, it's only $5 for the issue) and get it for $10 (or $15). Feels worth it to get the game at $10, even if it's Origin

tsumineko

I've gotten everything I wanted except Super Street Fighter IV. Please let it go back to 75%, damn flash sales. I hate you so much.

Any chance Sonic 4 eps 1 and 2 will go cheaper you think?

75% off Street Fighter X Tekken would be lovely (not going to happen is it...)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't think Rage has had a sale yet has it? Arma 2 obviously (although I only need to expansion). EDF, Krater, Endless Space, Sins of a Solar Empire: Subtitle.

Nope; SteamGAF was divided on whether or not it deserved to be Community's Choice.
It did.

guit3457

Today's bundle will be the best one:

Audio Surf, Gemini Rue, Greed Corp, Tiny Bang Story, Ys: The Oath in Felghana for 9.99$ or 6.99€ here in Europe.

iavi

I've gotten everything I wanted except Super Street Fighter IV. Please let it go back to 75%, damn flash sales. I hate you so much.

Any chance Sonic 4 eps 1 and 2 will go cheaper you think?

75% off Street Fighter X Tekken would be lovely (not going to happen is it...)

I actually think that there's a pretty good chance of the Sonic 4 eps going lower. I'm waiting on it to grab ep 2, I'm not going to front.

Tomodachi

I'm actually waiting for a better deal about Patrician IV. I hear it's not the best in the genre but for some reason I've always wanted it but never had the gut to pull the trigger (it's the very last game if I order my wishlist by "date added", from september 2010 actually lol).

Thinking about Saints Row 3. Is it like Just Cause 2, that the only fun in the game is to just mess around in the sandbox, or are the other parts good also? Story, missions, sidequests, etc?

I cant check if my laptop can run it as im at work but if I can play The Witcher 2 at medium settings am I going to be able to play Saints row 3 and does it support 360 pad?

I dont even know why Im looking at buying it and Trine2 when I have ME3 to finish.
Also did Dungeon Defends win the vote or Bastion? I want to pick up DD aswell..

Damn this thread!

Enco

I have to stop looking for games. Everything I set out to get I have but I'll probably still pick up games for the sake of it.

Binary Domain
GTA SA
RF Guerilla
Alpha Protocol

If they're all 75% off, I'll pick them up in case I ever play them :lol

Salsa

Updated the OP, off to bed.

again just in case: it's kinda hard to keep pace with the flash and polls and live life at the same time, hah, so sorry for some of the delays, specially if anyone here is depending on this thread informing them of the new deals.

Decided to add this to the OP as well since I think some people might be missing out on how the backgrounds are advancing and telling the story of them building the tree house.

Summer Sale wallpapers (click for 1920x1080):

In order of days from first to last (updated daily)

Mr. F

Banned
Fallout 3 or NV...hm. Getting antsy with indecision!

On a side note, thinking about the logistics involved in planning and executing the Steam Summer Sale kind of boggles my mind. I'd love to see some kind of Final Hours-style mini documentary showing the planning involved. Or maybe it's just me.
likely

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ys Origin is REALLY FUCKING GOOD. Buy it now everyone!

Amzin

So are there any Tactical RPGs out on Steam? Final Fantasy Tactics-esque, or Jeanne D'arc, that sort of game. I'm hoping there's some indie ones that I don't know about :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom