• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash88

Banned
Fallout 3 or NV...hm. Getting antsy with indecision!

On a side note, thinking about the logistics involved in planning and executing the Steam Summer Sale kind of boggles my mind. I'd love to see some kind of Final Hours-style mini documentary showing the planning involved. Or maybe it's just me.
likely

tumblr_m6x474g18I1r5l38w.gif

Firebrand

Today's bundle will be the best one:

Audio Surf, Gemini Rue, Greed Corp, Tiny Bang Story, Ys: The Oath in Felghana for 9.99$ or 6.99€ here in Europe.
Bundles are €9.99 in Europe, where I'm at at least. :(

I definitely want Ys, and maybe Greed Corp and Gemini... don't want the two others so I might just buy them separately, even if it comes out at about the same as the bundle.

Fredescu

I remember that now, do you know why? Was it just Bethesda? (the publisher)
Not sure why, it's just how the contract was negotiated. I get the impression that it's fairly common.

So are there any Tactical RPGs out on Steam? Final Fantasy Tactics-esque, or Jeanne D'arc, that sort of game. I'm hoping there's some indie ones that I don't know about :p
How about stuff like the Kings Bounty series or the Might and Magic series?

Katoki

Thinking about Saints Row 3. Is it like Just Cause 2, that the only fun in the game is to just mess around in the sandbox, or are the other parts good also? Story, missions, sidequests, etc?

Sandbox is fun and all but the stuff you do during the story is much more unique. With the way I played SR3, I've done all the activities (to regain territory) so I no longer have them and am just doing the story and am having much more fun.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055238110/screenshots/?tab=all

I have 3 screen shots of running around, one of a story line quest, one of me stealing a boat for a job.

mr. grape

Today's bundle will be the best one:

Audio Surf, Gemini Rue, Greed Corp, Tiny Bang Story, Ys: The Oath in Felghana for 9.99$ or 6.99€ here in Europe.

It's a great bundle if you have none of those games, sucks if you got them from various other indie bundles. I have all but Ys: The Oath in Felghana and Audiosurf. Cheaper to just buy Ys by itself.. I hope it's a flash deal before the sale ends.

Ziltoid

Unconfirmed Member
how's the Dead Space 1 PC-port? is it worth it?
It's better looking than the console versions, but not as much as Dead Space 2. The M/KB -controls sucks, but it's great with a controller.

Definitely worth 2,49€ if you haven't played it before, but you'll have to decide for yourself if it's worth double dipping.

dose

I want COD2 to drop a lot more. It never ever seems to drop more than 25%/£11, which is crazy for a game that came out 7 years ago.
I also want Gemini Rue to pricedrop (not interested in that bundle)

Katoki

I want COD2 to drop a lot more. It never ever seems to drop more than 25%/£11, which is crazy for a game that came out 7 years ago.
I also want Gemini Rue to pricedrop (not interested in that bundle)

If only we could separate these bundles. I want everything except Gemini Rue.. Hell I'd even just give it to you if we could.

Amzin

How about stuff like the Kings Bounty series or the Might and Magic series?

Might and Magic I used to play but don't really care about the whole city part nowadays. I forgot about Kings Bounty, people recommended that before, I'll give the demo a shot although it looks like M&M reduex :p thanks for the replies to both of you so far.

Berto

Bought Forgotten Sands and New Vegas ultimate edition in the last hours. I'm still waiting for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. I have 25€ left to the end of the sale.

Mr. F

Banned
Your post worked on several levels. I updated my last post.

Haha now I just feel dumb, kudos 5am.

Forgot to vote for the new round. I have no interest in any of the games featured (wasn't Jagged Alliance supposedly kind of crap?), but I get the sense Red Faction is the GAF darling so I'll put my vote toward it.

Maybe the prices are screwed up in different regions? Buying all of the DLC + base game for me = $16.43, while the ultimate edition is $9.99..

That's what he's saying: that the DLC alone is more than the DLC plus the game (Ultimate Edition).

Side note, I'm actually excited to pick up New Vegas again after realizing how easy it is to convert my 360 saves.

It's better looking than the console versions, but not as much as Dead Space 2. The M/KB -controls sucks, but it's great with a controller.

Definitely worth 2,49€ if you haven't played it before, but you'll have to decide for yourself if it's worth double dipping.

thanks, I'll think about it because, though I bought it for my 360 some time ago, I sitll haven't finished it.

elfinke

Oooh baby, just purchased the shit out of Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition.

Wish list is now halved, with only a few real wishes left on it.

Also, boo at Dead Space 2 winning over JC2.

ElyrionX

Reading about Dead Island impressions in the other Steam thread got me excited. But the sale is over. How much was the collection going for when it was a daily deal?

DOA

if i see that NV Ultimate is #1, does it mean that everyone in GAF are buying it?

Updated the OP, off to bed.

again just in case: it's kinda hard to keep pace with the flash and polls and live life at the same time, hah, so sorry for some of the delays, specially if anyone here is depending on this thread informing them of the new deals.

Decided to add this to the OP as well since I think some people might be missing out on how the backgrounds are advancing and telling the story of them building the tree house.

what about making them a gif?

I already own Fallout NV and I want to buy the DLC. Is it possible to buy the Ultimate edition to upgrade my copy or should I just buh the DLC bundle which is pricier

Micerider

How long till the end of the Dead Space 2 deal?

I am at work for at least another 7 hours and I am willing to double-dip (played it on PS3).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom