• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a little off-topic, but how do you view the "scoreboard' for a thread on GAF? Like, how many people have posted, and who are the top posters? I'd be interested in seeing it for this massive thread.
Click on the replies to this thread. It'll pop up another window and you'll see all the posters all the way down to 1 post in that thread.

Enco

Click on the replies to this thread. It'll pop up another window and you'll see all the posters all the way down to 1 post in that thread.

iSPyymaNj8yhZ.png

Yikes.

Helmholtz

In case people haven't looked at the review thread, I have to recommend Trine 2. It's a really charming game with incredible presentation. Easily worth the price of admission, especially if you can play it co-op with somebody.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Grabbed Fallout NV Ultimate Ed :)

Total Spending till now is US$36.19. Not too bad. That's close to 50 in my currency.
Think I'm pretty much done. Unless there's anything really enticing this will be it.

Who am i kidding?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Click on the number of posts in the thread when viewing topics, the 16000-something number.

I can't see it because I'm on my iPad.

Damn, I've been here 5 years and I never knew this. That's awesome.

Thanks, mate.

Katoki

Who is buying Ubisoft games at this point? Seriously, Uplay is still down. Can't imagine the rage from all the Steam buyers right now.

This means people can't log in to play at all right? I wouldn't know the difference as I haven't touched my AC:R game yet from the other day's Community Deal.

Retne

Hmmm so what is everyone hoping will go on sale that hasn't been up yet?

Personally I'm hoping for:
  • Lego Harry Potters
  • Magic DotP 2013
  • Dustforce
  • ARMA II: CO

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

• Lego Harry Potters
  • Magic DotP 2013
  • Dustforce

Age of Empires III Complete and the Kingdoms of Amalur DLC :)().

Edit: I'd say ARMA2:CO, but I don't see Bohemia discounting it much further.

I put 100 hours into Fallout 3, about 20 in New Vegas, and couldn't possibly be more burned out on the formula. That's a lot of time to put in, so i'll give them credit, but I think ultimately they are a monument to quantity over quality. There is just so much in those games, but it's all janky. Dumb writing, abysmal animations, characters look like melted action figures, worst shooting mechanics of any fps I've played, everywhere you go there are 8 million items, the majority of which are useless pencils and toy race cars, wooden voice acting, unbalanced rpg mechanics. Ugh. I did get to steal the decleration of independence and trade it for a cigarette, though, so I guess that's something.

You just described every Bethesda game ever made.

I'm still going play Skyrim for 100+ hours like I did with Oblivion.

Helmholtz

You just described every Bethesda game ever made.

I'm still going play Skyrim for 100+ hours like I did with Oblivion.

I feel like with Skyrim Bethesda really upped their game in terms of overall quality though. It just feels a little more polished and well-done than some of their previous offerings.

Katoki

Man. Day 4.

I've decided to buy FO3 GotY first and wait til the Christmas sale for New Vegas if I still want it. At least that way it'll only be $5 of damage rather than $15. Yep, just rationalizing purchases at this point.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I just added $50 to my Steam wallet. Not the smartest move, since I'm trying to save money. But I've had my PayPal/Credit Card shut off for "irregular spending" before from Steam sales, so this is me trying to prevent that.

Still, now that means I'm definitely going to spend 50 more dollars, now. =(

Speaking of no self-control, I'm need to get my idiotic ass to bed. It's 4 AM
and this is not helping me recover from cancer.

Night guys.

(Thanks for the extra $1.25, Michan. I'm gonna grab a cup of coffee on you, tomorrow. Cheers!)

Tomodachi

I put 100 hours into Fallout 3, about 20 in New Vegas, and couldn't possibly be more burned out on the formula. That's a lot of time to put in, so i'll give them credit, but I think ultimately they are a monument to quantity over quality. There is just so much in those games, but it's all janky. Dumb writing, abysmal animations, characters look like melted action figures, worst shooting mechanics of any fps I've played, everywhere you go there are 8 million items, the majority of which are useless pencils and toy race cars, wooden voice acting, unbalanced rpg mechanics. Ugh. I did get to steal the decleration of independence and trade it for a cigarette, though, so I guess that's something.
Another burned out one here, couldn't pull myself to finish Skyrim after 40-50 hours, that's it from Bethesda for me.
I feel like with Skyrim Bethesda really upped their game in terms of overall quality though. It just feels a little more polished and well-done than some of their previous offerings.
True, but not enough for me.

Minion101

Banned
Man. Day 4.

I've decided to buy FO3 GotY first and wait til the Christmas sale for New Vegas if I still want it. At least that way it'll only be $5 of damage rather than $15. Yep, just rationalizing purchases at this point.

You're doing it wrong. You're supposed to buy both and play nether.

Don't really see myself wanting anything else after Fallout and NV. I guess I'm done with the sale. Wait, if Ys Origin or Oath goes on sale haha. Forgot about that.

• Lego Harry Potters
  • Magic DotP 2013
  • Dustforce

I'm hoping for ARMA II as well....

And, I'm hoping to see Witcher 1 & 2 come back... And Alice:MR as I just realized I apparently missed that one too :(

Kingdoms of Amalur would be lovely, but something tells me thats a pipe dream.

they changed it to not optimized now.

I guess they were getting a lot of tickets

Yep it includes all 5 addon packs

Thanks mate. Bought.

I think I will get new vegas in a year as I think That probably gives me enough time to finish fallout 3 and extra time away from it to not be burned out by the game and to get through my backlog a bit more, plus new vegas ultimate edition will probably be $5 then.

Having issues with dead space 2 though. Anyone willing to help out an aussie? will paypal first.

Tomodachi

Funny thing about the sale: I bought something like 10+ games so far, all from my wishlist, and my wishlist is actually INCREASING. What is happening I don't even...!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Kingdoms of Amalur would be lovely, but something tells me thats a pipe dream.

There a couple of threads over at SPUF asking about it. It'd be nice if a Valve rep chimed in, even though that would likely result in confirmation of the worst.

Only if that translate to Steam Wallet Money, I could care less what you use to fill it up!

When I become King of the World and mandate that Monopoly money is to be considered legal tender, I'll personally deliver you $50. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom