• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think The Witcher 2 is the only Flash Sale I've missed, which is fine by me as I already have it.

Is EA skipping the Steam sale, or is there hope Crysis 2 will go on sale?

If they don't participate, well - I'm not sure how GAF feels about the C word, but that's what I feel like using. =|

You mean how like all their games are not 50% off at the moment, including Crysis 2 and how Dead space isn't 75% and how they just had a C&C sale before the summer deals started?

Lots of things to hate about EA, but this isn't one today.

Artofwar420

Gonna resist double dipping on FO3. You can't trick me gaben.

You know you want to.

vcScM.png

kitzkozan

Is EA skipping the Steam sale, or is there hope Crysis 2 will go on sale?

If they don't participate, well - I'm not sure how GAF feels about the C word, but that's what I feel like using. =|

This is the one I'm waiting for at this point. Give me 60/66 or 75% off Crysis 2 please.

Tess3ract

Banned
That's what I thought too and I missed the fucking Ys Origin deal.
I tried that game and I liked the game but I think the bosses are kind of really stupidly difficult compared to everything else in it.

Also jumping sucks dicks. Most games have an arc you travel when you jump... This arcs, then suddenly drops off and you plummet straight down. It's also really easy to slide around making those complexish jumps just overly frustrating.

Caerith

I tried that game and I liked the game but I think the bosses are kind of really stupidly difficult compared to everything else in it.

Also jumping sucks dicks. Most games have an arc you travel when you jump... This arcs, then suddenly drops off and you plummet straight down. It's also really easy to slide around making those complexish jumps just overly frustrating.
Sounds like you're describing Sonic 4.

LobLob

Banned
That new CEO of THQ is an idiot for talking shit about Saints Row The Third. This game shits all over GTAIV. I couldn't even get excited about playing GTAIV and playing just a few hours of SR3 has me pumped as hell to keep playing. Covering my guy getting away with stuff from a bank in a helicopter with a missile launcher? HELL YEAH!!!! Finding an A-10 warthog on accident and thinking it wouldnt fly, but does? FUCK YEAH!!

If you do not have SR3, GET IT!!

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
This is the one I'm waiting for at this point. Give me 60/66 or 75% off Crysis 2 please.

That'd be nice. Though that only game I specifically want to go on sale at this point is Arma II.

Piss on those guys for knowing that I'll absolutely pay whatever price they want to play DayZ. They know they don't need to go on sale... I just really hope they do.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
You mean how like all their games are not 50% off at the moment, including Crysis 2 and how Dead space isn't 75% and how they just had a C&C sale before the summer deals started?

Lots of things to hate about EA, but this isn't one today.

That's why I asked. =P

Don't be a wang, lol.

Artofwar420

Sometimes, Steam won't let you know you ALREADY have a game/dlc, and it will let you BUY it again. Be extra careful.

It happened, with one of the Civ V DLCs, and a couple of other games.

I put 100 hours into Fallout 3, about 20 in New Vegas, and couldn't possibly be more burned out on the formula. That's a lot of time to put in, so i'll give them credit, but I think ultimately they are a monument to quantity over quality. There is just so much in those games, but it's all janky. Dumb writing, abysmal animations, characters look like melted action figures, worst shooting mechanics of any fps I've played, everywhere you go there are 8 million items, the majority of which are useless pencils and toy race cars, wooden voice acting, unbalanced rpg mechanics. Ugh. I did get to steal the decleration of independence and trade it for a cigarette, though, so I guess that's something.

Dacvak

I put 100 hours into Fallout 3, about 20 in New Vegas, and couldn't possibly be more burned out on the formula. That's a lot of time to put in, so i'll give them credit, but I think ultimately they are a monument to quantity over quality. There is just so much in those games, but it's all janky. Dumb writing, abysmal animations, characters look like melted action figures, worst shooting mechanics of any fps I've played, everywhere you go there are 8 million items, the majority of which are useless pencils and toy race cars, wooden voice acting, unbalanced rpg mechanics. Ugh. I did get to steal the decleration of independence and trade it for a cigarette, though, so I guess that's something.

Honestly, all of that kinda sells the game for me.

If I didn't already buy it for $25 during last year's sale. And I still haven't played it.. =(

Sarquiss_

I should have brought Skyrim when it was on sale. Was only interested in the pack cause I also wanted New Vegas :(

Oh well will buy New Vegas and pray to Gaben that Skyrim is out back n sale or will wait until the winter sale.

Bought FO3:GOTY, FNV:Ultimate, DS and DS2. Couldn't pass it up. Spent more in the last 5 minutes than in the last 3 days haha. Only game that I double dip was FO3:GOTY on ps3. That version was a janky unstable pos. Would have stopped if I wasn't having so much fun. Can't wait to play it again at a stable frame rate.

Alex

I like both Fallout 3 and New Vegas a lot. Odd, because I really dislike Elder Scrolls titles but the whole vibe and layout and personality of Fallout I really dig. Even though I played PC games in the mid to late 90s, I also prefer the new Fallouts to the old, sacrilege, I know.

Hope they do something really cool with Fallout 4.

It's pretty difficult, but there are a tonne more ways to avoid combat in New Vegas. Lots more skill checks in dialog and so forth.

Yeah, since combat is basically the worst part of both games (besides the bugs), it's worth considering beyond just a gimmick play through.

Whelp,looks like you can transfer your 360 save file to the PC:

http://www.xpgamesaves.com/topic/10646-converting-fallout-pc-saves-to-xbox-360/

I heard it's harder now, but then again, I think it was from Brad on a Bombcast, which is just about the least reliable source of information possible.

Dacvak

Guys I need help. I bought PoP 08 and every time I tried to download it it would stop at 35%

Anyone else experiencing this?

Wish I could help, but I don't download my Steam games. I just collect them, like Pokemon.

Is this good?

Ultimate Edition DOES NOT include all of the DLC as many were saying.

uFaca.jpg

Final add on to the pile up

From the description of the game on Steam itself:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/2028016/

To sweeten the pot, you’ll be armed with the latest cache of unique weapons, ammo types and recipes from the most recent add-on packs: Courier’s Stash and Gun Runners Arsenal. Whether you’re a seasoned explorer of the Mojave or playing the game for the first time, you’ll find there are more friends and enemies to make, more consequences to your actions and more opportunities to live in glory or infamy throughout the Wasteland. The choices you make will be as crucial to your survival as ever.

So it actually does.

Michan

I am having problems buying Trine 2 from Steam. Would somebody be able to order it as a gift and send me the code? I can send funds by PayPal. Please send me a PM if you might be able to help me out. Thanks!

Dacvak

This is a little off-topic, but how do you view the "scoreboard' for a thread on GAF? Like, how many people have posted, and who are the top posters? I'd be interested in seeing it for this massive thread.

VandalD

Had to pick up the rest of the New Vegas DLC. Have to agree with the people saying NV > FO3. Your skill choices matter much more, there are better companion controls - I can't think of something FO3 does better than NV. It even crashed less than FO3, at least for me. Those poison bugs are dicks though, and I hate them.

I feel like I should vote for Guerrilla. It's a solid game - a bit repetitive, but if you like destroying things, it's a lot of fun. Such a shame that the series is dead. Armageddon wasn't a bad game, but I definitely feel like sticking with the open world was the way to go.

Is Jagged Alliance actually good? I heard it was a buggy mess with dumbass AI.

Man I got super excited when I saw Legacy of Kain then I realized it was just DLC. :(

I wish at least Defiance was on steam since I have no idea what happened to my old disc.
It seems pretty unlikely it'll show up on Steam if it hasn't already. I'm hoping it'll show up on GOG. Soul Reaver and Soul Reaver 2 are up there now, SR2 having been added pretty recently. Would be nice to have all of them again - Blood Omen too.

Dacvak

I am having problems buying Trine 2 from Steam. Would somebody be able to order it as a gift and send me the code? I can send funds by PayPal. Please send me a PM if you might be able to help me out. Thanks!

PM'd

Helmholtz

Wow, Xelios is such a bro. Hooked me up with the dead space pack right when I was considering spending the last of my wallet money on it. Cheers man!

Sadist

Who is buying Ubisoft games at this point? Seriously, Uplay is still down. Can't imagine the rage from all the Steam buyers right now.

Einbroch

Banned
This is a little off-topic, but how do you view the "scoreboard' for a thread on GAF? Like, how many people have posted, and who are the top posters? I'd be interested in seeing it for this massive thread.
Click on the number of posts in the thread when viewing topics, the 16000-something number.

I can't see it because I'm on my iPad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom