• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alienups

Eh, still can't buy shit, waiting for money to arrive on my Paypal. Missed out some good deals already but at least i got Saints Row the Third thanks to Cloudius.

Salsa

Shit I hate flash deals...but thanks :)

you can try getting in touch with some of the gaffers who are willing to help with gifting. They're listed at the bottom of the OP. Im sure some of them wouldn't mind a 2 hour delay on payment considering how helpful they've been

Micerider

you can try getting in touch with some of the gaffers who are willing to help with gifting. They're listed at the bottom of the OP. Im sure some of them wouldn't mind a 2 hour delay on payment considering how helpful they've been

Yeah, thought about that, but I won't bother (myself or anyone else kind enough to help) that much, I played the game on console already and am in no hurry to replay it, this will surely go back on sale sooner or later :)

You can also buy games with the SteamApp if you have an iPhone or Android.

I do, no wi-fi at reach and I fled the data-subbscription when I saw the price for 3G in Belgium :p

Dynoro

Would you say it's worth it to buy the entire collection, or just the newest one + xpacs?

Like Joe says; I would go with X3 first. If you enjoy it you can always grab the rest in the next sale (as they are always in the big sales). Whereas if you find them not to your liking you've only lost a couple of quid.

Salsa

confession time: the Indie Bundle numeric thing banner has been bothering me since day one dammit. That font is just awful and there's zero effort behind it.

get your shit together Valve I tell you

I don't have any problems helping others myself, as some here would testify, but honestly, hit me with a PM first. I've been getting a lot of Steam invites, and I don't know if they're randoms or not, so I have a tendency to turn them down. No offense to those from here who I've maybe turned down. But leave me a PM with something you'd like and I should be able to help others, but do understand that I'm on Hawaiian time. :)

Uthred

Today's bundle will be the best one:

Audio Surf, Gemini Rue, Greed Corp, Tiny Bang Story, Ys: The Oath in Felghana for 9.99$ or 6.99€ here in Europe.

I imagine it will be €9.99 in europe like the other indie bundles, Steams €1 = $1 bullshit in action

ds8k

So I haven't been able to get Steam to load since some time last night. Anybody else having this problem? After a few minutes I'll get text but zero images load.

Like Joe says; I would go with X3 first. If you enjoy it you can always grab the rest in the next sale (as they are always in the big sales). Whereas if you find them not to your liking you've only lost a couple of quid.

From what i've read the only one worth buying is X3, the others are a complete waste of time once you have it, you can't go back.
And it turned out too baffling for me to get properly started with, and i love space games, this is more like Football Manager, stat central.

Dope, i'll do just that. Thanks you guys!

How long till the end of the Dead Space 2 deal?

I am at work for at least another 7 hours and I am willing to double-dip (played it on PS3).
You can buy it trough the browers at work and it will be their on your account.
You do not have to use the steam software to buy things.

Could that help?

Tomodachi

No deals for Torchlight 2? Its prequel has been on various deals like every other day. Weird.

Also, I'd like they would allow to add packs to the wishlist, I want to add Gundemonium Collection instead of the three single titles but I can't :/

Danneee

No deals for Torchlight 2? Its prequel has been on various deals like every other day. Weird.

Also, I'd like they would allow to add packs to the wishlist, I want to add Gundemonium Collection instead of the three single titles but I can't :/

Well, it´s not yet released.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What is this, bandwidth for ants?

BE47X.jpg

SumGamer

Tough decision on NV. I have the game but the DLC alone cost more than UE -_-". Are all DLC worth playing or at least worth their prices?

This Flash deal is killing me left and right, 8 hour span really gets on my nerve and push me to spend more than I should. On that note, good job whoever came up with this idea. You bastard.

JaseC

Probably only one server in Europe that has it. It is probably quite excited somebody is downloading from it now.

One server in Europe, hosted by two drunk hamsters tumbling about their respective wheels that power an ISDN connection.

Micerider

You can buy it trough the browers at work and it will be their on your account.
You do not have to use the steam software to buy things.

Could that help?

Strangely enough, NeoGaf and Facebook aren't blocked...but Steam website is :p

Anyway, not a big deal, no must buy for me, I'm just bothered about these flash sales that leaves people sleeping/working out in the cold...

Salsa

If I had to regret anything so far (not that I do) it would probably be Ys Origin.

Dont get me wrong, im sure i'll like it, but I wanna get and finish Felghana first since I never did on PSP and im gonna be burned out by then. By the time I start playing Origin it'll probably be cheaper (guessing christmas sale).

Nitpicking I know, but budget be low. At least I supported Falcom

My wallet is hating me... Spent nearly $90 and told myself I wouldn't spend more than $20. I blame you gaf!
You have no one to blame but yourself.

Everyone here who has a limit only thinks they do. You'll scrounge up all the scraps you can get, money-wise, because you're a filthy, filthy person.

I speak from experience :(

Retne

If I was going to buy only one of the PoP games (except the 2008 "Price of Persia"), which one would people recommend?

Sands of Time. It's easily the best even if the graphics are kinda dated. If you can't stand that you can buy The Forgotten Sands but you won't be able to play since Ubisoft's servers are offline and you need to register the game with them to play it.

Sands of Time. It's easily the best even if the graphics are kinda dated. If you can't stand that you can buy The Forgotten Sands but you won't be able to play since Ubisoft's servers are offline and you need to register the game with them to play it.
Two Thrones was also really good, though SoT would certainly be my first recommendation.

kafiend

From what i've read the only one worth buying is X3, the others are a complete waste of time once you have it, you can't go back.
And it turned out too baffling for me to get properly started with, and i love space games, this is more like Football Manager, stat central.

I hate it when people accuse the X series of being stat heavy. Its the furthest thing from the truth.
Its almost as if people mean to take their own inability to learn the interface and gamestyle and then transfer it into an accusation of it being a spreadsheet game.

Bollocks!

Yes its hard to get into.
Yes its not for the masses.
Yes its complicated.
Yes the interface could have been better designed.
Yes pre-patch the games tend to be buggy.

BUT!

Its epic.
Its beautiful.
The modding scene is lively.
Its a time sink.
Its just fucking wonderful.

Although I love the series and would love to recommend the Superbox I can't. X3: Terran Conflict. and Albion Prelude are the newest/finest offerings. The older ones are for those that don't mind it not being so pretty but are still all great games.

BlazeGaj

Neo Member
What do you guys think of Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box? Saw a quick gameplay looks decent but still not totally sure on it yet. It's 4.99(UK price) right now. Also it does not say controller enabled on the store page either.

I don't care much about serious racing or online but just something I can enjoy single player mission/challenges or something similar.

Guys and girls, think of it this way: Every dollar you spend finances GabeN's plan for gaming world domination. You're not just buying games, you're donating to the cause!

Alienups

What do you guys think of Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box? Saw a quick gameplay looks decent but still not totally sure on it yet. It's 4.99(UK price) right now. Also it does not say controller enabled on the store page either.

I don't care much about serious racing or online but just something I can enjoy single player mission/challenges or something similar.

Blaze pls, you've only played like 12 of your 144 games

yes buy it

Benedict

I
Although I love the series and would love to recommend the Superbox I can't. X3: Terran Conflict. and Albion Prelude are the newest/finest offerings. The older ones are for those that don't mind it not being so pretty but are still all great games.

What about X3: Reunion? Should i concentrate on Terran and Albion and uninstall Reunion to make space for other games?

Enco

the thread has finally slowed down
I'm guessing it's because most people have the games they want now.

With dailies, flash sales, votes and normal sales, most wanted games have been reduced by a lot. Don't see how they'll fill in the remaining days without even more huge repeats.

That being said, the thread is still pretty freaking lively.

JaseC

JsyHy.jpg

No, bandwidth *by* ants. There should be a steady stream of ants delivering packets into your computer. Unfortunately, Cyl's flambeed many of them, resulting in a vast quantity of dropped packets.

Ah, of course!

Khal_B

Tallied all of my purchases thus far and was surprised to see that I'm close to $150. For some reason I though I was still below $100. That Dark Souls pre-order hurt more than I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom