• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you guys think of Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box? Saw a quick gameplay looks decent but still not totally sure on it yet. It's 4.99(UK price) right now. Also it does not say controller enabled on the store page either.

I don't care much about serious racing or online but just something I can enjoy single player mission/challenges or something similar.

It's pretty good and the soundtrack is Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How the hell do you have so much?

I just bought 1 TB drive. Better last. Right now I have around 300GB. Still have to install a load of my sale games though.

I install all of my games, just in case.

Edit: Oh, I misread your post. It's not just a Steam drive: Blizzard's stuff (minus WoW) and a couple of Origin games are on it, too.

JaseC.. you really splurged this time round :O

I just bought a 3TB HDD... now I need another one. I can move some stuff onto the other 3TB, but even then I'll still have less than 100GB free, so it won't last long.

It's a skin. Not official.

Yeah, it's PixelVision.

Nibel

JsyHy.jpg

Ah, of course!

ib2okgwBwenkzp.gif

DOA

Uplay had issues with the amount of ppl trying to play:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/691193-Cannot-log-into-Uplay?p=8477382&viewfull=1#post8477382

Hello,
Sorry for the inconvenience.
The Uplay PC service should now be up and running properly. Please try logging into your game and let us know if you have any issues. You can find the links to Support in my signature.
Thanks

got it through here:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/07/16/udontplay-ubidrm-servers-wobble-during-steam-sale/

Enco

I install all of my games, just in case.

Edit: Oh, I misread your post. It's not just a Steam drive: Blizzard's stuff (minus WoW) and a couple of Origin games are on it, too.

I just bought a 3TB HDD... now I need another one. I can move some stuff onto the other 3TB, but even then I'll still have less than 100GB free, so it won't last long.

Yeah, it's PixelVision.
You're crazy :lol

Also :lol at UPlay.

"Sorry guys, our servers are busy! Gonna have to stop you from playing your singleplayer games lulz"

Katoki

I'm guessing it's because most people have the games they want now.

With dailies, flash sales, votes and normal sales, most wanted games have been reduced by a lot. Don't see how they'll fill in the remaining days without even more huge repeats.

That being said, the thread is still pretty freaking lively.

That and the weekend is over. :/

Funny thing is that the stuff on MY OWN wishlist has finally started to show up. Been buying everything else I never thought I'd need.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You're crazy :lol

Also :lol at UPlay.

"Sorry guys, our servers are busy! Gonna have to stop you from playing your singleplayer games lulz"

There is one thing I like about uPlay, and that is the achievement points being the currency for bonus in-game content, such as maps or vehicles. Granted, there's not a lot, but it beats paying a couple of bucks.

Enco

That and the weekend is over. :/

Funny thing is that the stuff on MY OWN wishlist has finally started to show up. Been buying everything else I never thought I'd need.
That's true. I'm busy Tue-Sat and so can only pop in just before the daily sales. That explains the slowness.

There is one thing I like about uPlay, and that is the achievement points being the currency for bonus in-game content, such as maps or vehicles. Granted, there's not a lot, but it beats paying a couple of bucks.
That sounds pretty cool but yea it's not much. Especially when you have shit like the servers being down and no one being able to play.

If I was going to buy only one of the PoP games (except the 2008 "Price of Persia"), which one would people recommend?

Like the others have said... SoT... /Answered

Edit:

I'm guessing it's because most people have the games they want now.

With dailies, flash sales, votes and normal sales, most wanted games have been reduced by a lot. Don't see how they'll fill in the remaining days without even more huge repeats.

That being said, the thread is still pretty freaking lively.

Not gonna lie... I wouldn't mind some repeats :) haha /selfish sob

Tess3ract

Banned
How should I judge a simulation style game in a screenshot? What garbage can I see here?
You mean besides the UI? Besides the text outreaching the boundries of the button?

You can't really tell in that shot but besides the absurdly low res textures on the highest settings?

Besides doing tutorial #4 and having it inexplicably jump to tutorial #8 after beating it and hitting "tutorial menu"?

the fuck is this.

It's extremely low budget for their price. I like these kinds of games but jesus its like they weren't even trying.

Retne

Anybody out there? Hello?

Pretty sure if you buy the ultimate edition you'll have to download the full game. You can just transfer your saves over if you want though so it really isn't that big an issue other than having 2 NV entries in steam and having to d/l the full game again.

NBtoaster

The hell you can't even change resolution in POP forgotten sands

zero video options other than brightness.

Is POP 2008 better in options?

edit: nevermind its a seperate application to change settings :s

Pretty sure if you buy the ultimate edition you'll have to download the full game. You can just transfer your saves over if you want though so it really isn't that big an issue other than having 2 NV entries in steam and having to d/l the full game again.
Bought. Other than that, while downloading, it says Updating instead of simply Downloading.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
3 hours into Ys Origin and I don't think this can get any better! Pro tip: play the game on hard the first time through! What an intense experience :3

edit: time to head out though unfortunately :(

Wrayfield

To whoever recommended Crusader Kings 2 much earlier in this thread (it's moving so fast), thank you. I've never had so much fun losing. I mean it, all sorts of crazy shit happens and it's entraining.

My first ruler was a sickly Duke in central Europe. After two years, one marriage and one daughter, he became "incapable" and in need of a regent. I lost most of my counties. Died comatosely a year later. Daughter went on to become the Queen and a mother of five (!). Slowly claiming my counties back.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I'm having problems with The Walking Dead.

First, Avast! didn't trusts it while it was installing and it's giving me Error Code 80 every time I try to launch it.

You should already have the DLC then if you own the ultimate edition. I don't know if it would show up under the DLC list on steam or how that stuff works since I just own the basic edition.

Never mind. I figured out what's wrong. I have non-ultimate NV, but the sale page for Ultimate is telling me I own it because I own New Vegas.

Retne

So hours of play of the DLC?
Whats interesting about them?

I don't really remember the number of hours but I want to say somewhere between 4-6? YMMV termendously with that depending how you play FO:NV though.

Old World Blues is reminiscent of Portal where you're dealing with AI gone amok and making SCIENCE! style jokes. It made me chuckle and I think that's worth $2.50.

I don't have much experience with the others outside of seeing quick looks of them and deciding they didn't look good enough to warrant purchasing. I may cave before the deal is up and buy Honest Hearts though since some other people have been recommending it.

Lancehead

So hours of play of the DLC?
Whats interesting about them?

All the four DLCs took me about 50h. You can expect each to last over 10 8h, if explore a lot.

The DLCs have separate stories from the main game but have references to some of the characters. All of them offer very distinct experiences from the main game. They have more weapons, items, perks, some fantastic quests and characters.

Do I get New Vegas...I haven't put much time into 3 because it crashed on me and I rage quitted and forgot to go back. NV looks like a game I'd enjoy more because of the setting but I don't know...

Also, any of the X games worth checking out? I don't think I'd want the entire collection.

Tomodachi

Holy damn @ how good Pixeljunk Eden is on PC. I played it a lot on PS3 even though I always found controls a bit frustrating, but with a mouse it's even more awesome, it's like it was born to be played like this. Also they didn't just port the game but tweaked some stuff (plants already bloomed stay bloomed until you find all the seeds in the garden, so you don't have to play all over again the same stages like on PS3; you're instantly take to every new garden you unlock, another nice feature; not sure there are more, the game gradually unlock features and I'm not sure the PS3 version did).

I really suggest EVERYONE to grab it asap but I also wanted to address PS3 owners and fan of the original directly: if you're unsure whether to double dip, by all means do. The conversion is really worth the (ridiculous) price.

It's extremely low budget for their price. I like these kinds of games but jesus its like they weren't even trying.
That's basically it. Cities XL are so damn expensive even though everything about them shouts LOW BUDGET, they could be acceptable at really cheap prices but they're usually priced like AAA titles. Crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom