• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaben answers all wishes.

gabe_summerw8u0c.png

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Regarding the Fallouts:

1. Do I want both 3 and NV, or should I just skip 3?
2. On the Fallout 3 page it says that the game is not optimized for Win 7. What does this mean? Will it not run? Will it run poorly?
3. Do I want NV Ultimate Edition? Is it really worth twice as much as the regular edition?

Any more opinions on this before I go for it? Is the NV DLC worth the doubled price of the Ultimate Edition? Is F3 worth getting, or does NV render it obsolete?

wazoo

I missed the monkey island discount because of sleep :(

damn, i knew it was useless to sleep at night.

I spend a few more than what I was expecting but all those indie games at 75% are too fun.

Is there any chance that the capcom games go under 50% like dead rising 2 ?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Are Deadspace 1 & 2 worth $10? I haven't played either but I'm always in for a good horror game.

Any more opinions on this before I go for it? Is the NV DLC worth the doubled price of the Ultimate Edition? Is F3 worth getting, or does NV render it obsolete?

Ehh...I played the hell out of F3, but I couldn't get into NV for some reason. It just felt "different". A lot of people prefer it, though.

sazzy

Guys, need game suggestion.

Anything like Dawn of Discovery on Steam? It's not available on AU Steam. I think Anno 2070 is similar but that was 30 even with the discount here :':)'(

^^

I see the Patrician III suggestion.. any others?

Hmm I want to get the New Vegas Ultimate but I really don't know when or if I would ever play it. I did really like Fallout 3 though, is it still as buggy as it was at launch?

Shadybiz

Sorry, I have a Fallout 3 question as well.

On the list of supported video cards, it does not say that the NVIDIA 400 series is supported. I have a 460...I would assume that it should work, but it's bothersome that it's not listed. Can anyone confirm whether or not it will run?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Hell yes they are. IF you like horror, then GET THOSE GAMES.

Aren't the PC versions stupid in some way? Bad DRM or something? Or are they just generally crappy ports? I don't know, but I remember people not being too happy with them. Or maybe I dreamt that.

Are Deadspace 1 & 2 worth $10? I haven't played either but I'm always in for a good horror game.

Ehh...I played the hell out of F3, but I couldn't get into NV for some reason. It just felt "different". A lot of people prefer it, though.

Just be aware if you are new to gaming or just not very good, you might have trouble with the end sequence of dead space 2

Aren't the PC versions stupid in some way? Bad DRM or something? Or are they just generally crappy ports? I don't know, but I remember people not being too happy with them. Or maybe I dreamt that.

From memory it was the old 'console port' poor keyboard/mouse support and that sort of stuff. Or maybe you had to turn vsync off. It seemed fine to me.

Ultimadrago

Is this good?

Ultimate Edition DOES NOT include all of the DLC as many were saying.

uFaca.jpg

That's strange.

I just double-checked and I received all the DLC from buying the Ultimate Edition.

Green boxes for all 6 DLC under it.

Edit: nvm I see I was beaten to it...a long time ago.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Just be aware if you are new to gaming or just not very good, you might have trouble with the end sequence of dead space 2

No worries there. ;) I've played my fair share of "fuck you" games to know what truly cheap and unfair gameplay is.

Regarding DRM, I only have one machine and shouldn't have issues with it (I would hope).

diffusionx

Gold Member
Made my first purchasing mistake of Steam sale - I bought Fallout NV + all the DLC separately. Instead of just reading the page a 2nd time and buying the Ultimate Edition.

damn following this thread at work is a lost cause...

in for NV:Ultimate...waiting until 2 more flashes reset to see if theres anything else to pick up

Enco

That's strange.

I just double-checked and I received all the DLC from buying the Ultimate Edition.

Was cleared up a few posts after.

The ultimate edition has everything.

As for the Fallout 3 Windows 7 issues, there is a known problem with quad cores. You can fix it with a simple ini edit.

If RF: G doesn't win, I'll pick up Fallout 3. I've spent £35 ($54) so far. I'm willing to spend a maximum of £10 ($15) more.

ds8k

That's strange.

Weird. I just picked up the UE and everything except the Courier's Stash is included. Oh well, what's another 49 cents?

EDIT: Forget that. Just tried to buy it and now it says I own it. How strange. Didn't say anything when it was in my cart.

Our Gaben at Vale,
hallowed be your name.
Your sales come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in Steam.

Give us this sale our summer sale,
and forgive us our lust,
as we also have forgiven our inferior brothers.
And lead us not onto consoles,
but deliver us from Microsoft.

VandalD

Thanks to everyone who threw out Guardian of Light recommendations in this thread. Very responsive, fun game. Also, Raziel using dual pistols is kind of hilarious to me.
Id like to ask, did Fortune Summoners get a flash sale today?
It did not. I'm keeping an eye out on that too.

Sarquiss_

Could someone from the US please help me purchase the FallOut NV ultimate pack.
I tried purchasing with my work VPN but it will not work.

Can PayPal straight away.

Cheers

RoadHazard

Gold Member
My latest deal, except I went with Dead Space 2 only. Gogo

Yeah, probably will. Do we know if Dead Space 3 will be Origin exclusive? Kind of bothers me if I can't finish the series on the platform I started it on... which is why I've decided against getting the Mass Effects on Steam.

YES! ~200 hrs of fun right there.

I guess the problem with that is that I really don't need 200 more hours of games to play. I already have way too many unplayed games! But such is the curse of Gaben...

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
YES! ~200 hrs of fun right there.

By the rate we are playing our games, he could leave out NV and get that for 5€ in the winter sale. F3 is a 100 hour madness anyway :p

RoadHazard said:
I guess the problem with that is that I really don't need 200 more hours of games to play. I already have way too many unplayed games! But such is the curse of Gaben...

Ah, then start with only F3! More than enough gaming to keep you busy until the winter sales if you dont need 200h of gaming right now.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
That's strange.

All the DLC shows up on my DLC tab in preferences so you definitely get it all. At least in the US, you do.

I asked about which expansion to get but I might as well get it all for the complete experience. Now to see which mods work best......

Game plus all expansions is only 5GB? Thought it would be bigger

Down to $34. I always find it hard to bite on something over 5 on these sales but this one is easily worth it.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
By the rate we are playing our games, he could leave out NV and get that for 5€ in the winter sale. F3 is a 100 hour madness anyway :p

Hmm, good point. Maybe I will hold off on NV. There's no way I'll actually get to it before the winter sale anyway.

xzoowy

So...

Fallout 3 GOTY €4.99
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition $9.99
Dead Space Pack €9.98

Total: €24.96

Yay or nay?
I would say yes to Fallout 3 and DeadSpace as those wont get cheaper any time soon.

Why not wait for the Winter Sale for NewVegas(might be priced lower), till then you have Fallout 3.

Can someone on the US servers tell me how much Transformers: War for Cybertron is currently? I saw it mentioned that it was discounted, but did not read how much it was.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I would say yes to Fallout 3 and DeadSpace as those wont get cheaper any time soon.

Why not wait for the Winter Sale for NewVegas(might be priced lower), till then you have Fallout 3.

Yeah, thinking that's what I will do.

And damn, now the PoP Complete Pack is on a flash sale again. Wasn't it yesterday too? Kind of want to pick it up.

Lancehead

So...

Fallout 3 GOTY €4.99
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition $9.99
Dead Space Pack €9.98

Total: €24.96

Yay or nay?

If you like the Fallout universe then go with New Vegas. Fallout 3 doesn't do a good job with the fiction, however, it's a pretty good open-world game.

oh god that Trine franchise deal, so tempting.. I still haven't tried any of them but I've read great things about Trine. are they really that good?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I asked this yesterday, but how are the PC versions of the Prince of Persia games? I've only played Sands of Time, and parts of some of the others, and I really kind of want to pick the Complete Pack up.

If you like the Fallout universe then go with New Vegas. Fallout 3 doesn't do a good job with the fiction, however, it's a pretty good open-world game.

I actually have never played a Fallout game. So I think I will just start with F3 for now, and then maybe get NV during the winter sale.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I had a dream that Gabe Newell gave me a tour of iD studios. It was a dump. He gave me a big metal detector style device which he said was necessary to degauss the monitors to make the place safe to walk through.

Guys, I bought New Vegas vanilla instead of UE... is this a huge mistake?
I contacted support (lol) to see if I can change but I'm feeling like I can do without.

MRORANGE

I really can't be asked to buy New Vegas DLC, I completed the game on all 3 story lines with Hardcore mode, and frankly the story sucked compared to Fallout 3, most of the later missions just overlap and you just do the same shit again for each story. I do however applaud it for going for the more varied approach, they could have gone deeper with it.

Expect to complete all 3 stories in about 30 hours. (just main missions alone.)

I really do think Fallout 3 and New Vegas are on level pegging.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I had a dream that Gabe Newell gave me a tour of iD studios. It was a dump. He gave me a big metal detector style device which he said was necessary to degauss the monitors to make the place safe to walk through.

I had no idea id Software's HQ was previously the site of Black Mesa.

marrec

Banned

But Fallout 3 is very not good this day and age. New Vegas is a much better gaming investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom