• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking at getting the New Vegas DLCs. Are they worth playing through, and which should I acquire if the former is yes?

Vote for Mirror's Edge. Everyone should be this lovely gem.

bigace33

any input on freedom force bundle? fun single player rpg?

Freedom Force is awesome, especially for comic fans. The only thing I disliked about either of them is the games can be pretty brutal as far as difficulty. A lot of care went into these games though, they are both top notch games.

ds8k

I'm 100% stuck in Cave Story+ at the end few bosses. I missed a pretty key item and now it's damn near impossible to finish the game.

Mirror's Edge is great but definitely a one-sitting playthrough game. RF:G is stupid fun. Some of the side stuff is your standard open-world junk, but it's easy enough to ignore it.

Thanks for the https suggestion - I'll try it out when I get home today.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
i voted for beyond cause i never played it.

and mirrors edge IS the most overrated game ever
What makes you feel that way?

I DO think the game has its fair share of problems, but overall, it's very satisfying and rewards skilled play.

The story is poor, the cutscenes get in the way, and the constant loading screens in the form of elevators disrupt the flow. Those issues definitely hurt the experience a bit but the game is still great despite them.

metalshade

Because GAF hypes the shit out of it.

Which, personally, I think is justified, but yeah.

No way would you ever hear me say I didn't like Mirror's Edge (I love it) but BG&E is I believe a much better investment.
However this is a steam sale...expect all common sense to evaporate!

hypernima

Banned
these things suck when you have no money
i am going to have to not login to steam for a bit.

voted mirrors edge though BG&E is always cheap

Blablurn

What makes you feel that way?

I DO think the game has its fair share of problems, but overall, it's very satisfying and rewards skilled play.

The story is poor, the cutscenes get in the way, and the constant loading screens in the form of elevators disrupt the flow. Those issues definitely hurt the experience a bit but the game is still great despite them.

i finished it, really, back then on ps3. i liked the concept but the game itself didnt felt that interesting to be honest. especially the campaign. gameplay mechanics were alright. but i dont know... i dont think its as groundbreaking as many gaffers say. a sequel on the other hand.... that one could make things different.

So the New Vegas DLC, the new worlds aren't part of the main game (ie can't travel to or directly from them) and you can only visit them once? Seems pretty lame.

Addnan

Hamilton's great adventure is very good. Played about 40mins and the challenges are fun so far. Thanks again kafiend.

and I hope there's a Morrowind + Oblivion pack soon.

I tried the demo for Eschalon a while ago. It was technically competent, decent looking and had some interesting Ulitma style game depth. But it just seemed a little too dry for me.

Man I dont even like FPS that much but Hard Reset is also looking tempting. FML.

If you're not a fan of the genre I'd just skip it. People pick up so many games during these sales...the ones from genres you don't care about are the ones that will fester at the bottom of your backlog forever. Speaking from experience here, of course ;p

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
voted Mirror's Edge just cause someone says it's overrated and: seriously son?
I'm just hoping it has DLC on sale. If Mirror's Edge PC has DLC...

nexen

If you like old skool WRPGs:

Eschalon Book I was amazing. I loved every single minute of it.

Eschalon Book II I couldn't get into because of the punishing item damage and food/water systems. You can turn those off but then it felt like I was cheating.

RC

Banned
I fell asleep and missed out on the Prince of Persia collection. Oh well, my wallet will thank me in the long run.

Enco

54 minutes to decide on F3.

I'll have a 2 minute overlap with today's deals to see if there's anything better. Risky.

Wiz

Is Final Fantasy XI worth it 10 years later? It's the only FF game I haven't played and I kinda want to try it just to try it.

Love the vote rallying. Only 4.4 million users on Steam that can vote* but, dammit, if we can convince just 5 more people on this GAF thread to vote for what we want we know we have a chance! (*as of noon Eastern)

Love the vote rallying. Only 4.4 million users on Steam that can vote* but, dammit, if we can convince just 5 more people on this GAF thread to vote for what we want we know we have a chance! (*as of noon Eastern)

300+ million people in the US and most don't vote, so rallying can and does work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom