• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deft Beck

I'm debating Fallout 3, even though I dislike shooting games with lots of violence that are not called TF2.

239 games and counting...

Might pick up Total War Shogun 2, how is it? Also eyeing the DLC (not the expansions), are any of those worth picking up or should I just get the game itself and play that first?

It's alright, I didn't like it as much compared to others total war games. Rome is still my fav.

Ultimadrago

Wtf, it's a shooter? I thought it was ARPG-ish. That's the impression I got from the cover art.

Yeah, Quote (the protagonist) uses guns. That's what I meant. It's not a traditional shooter. In a way it's an ARPG, but with all guns.

It has RPG elements such as leveling up your weapons.

UXEuI.gif

Check out the first Steam video to get a better idea. It's virtually spoiler-free.

Is it really worth it considering they're are free versions available elsewhere?

Depends on how much you love Steam and if you're talking about the Cave Story+ version that comes with switchable soundtracks (classic and remix), new modes, crisper graphics, etc.

Thanks guys, removed Hydrophobia and Call of Juarez :)

You guys dont think the other games will get dailies right? I mean, they are all 75% or more off.

ksimm

Need advice

I have Fallout NV and want the DLC which costs £8.54 but the Ultimate version costs £7.49 which it says I have but I haven't... would it allow me to keep the DLC for myself and gift Fallout NV?

BioHazard

Whoa, what the fuck, DO NOT remove Call of Juarez. What a great western FPS, had a great time with it. The sequels....yeah...not so much, but the first is a classic.. Take out Hydrophoia, Alpha Prime, maybe Project Freedom

just buy them all duh

Need advice

I have Fallout NV and want the DLC which costs £8.54 but the Ultimate version costs £7.49 which it says I have but I haven't... would it allow me to keep the DLC for myself and gift Fallout NV?

Gifting is mostly on Valve games, get the Ultimate and don't think of it as rebuying the base game, the DLC is well worth that price.

No wai, Mirror's Edge has to be the most refreshing and invigorating game I've played in years.

Mirror's Edge and Amnesia, my two favorite gaming experiences of the last 5 years at least.

Really enjoying Renegade Ops, wish I could find more people online to play it, kind of feel like re-buying an xbox pad just for this game. Definitely grab this if it goes on sale again.

OniShiro

Banned
Really enjoying Renegade Ops, wish I could find more people online to play it, kind of feel like re-buying an xbox pad just for this game. Definitely grab this if it goes on sale again.

Yeah, great game, played the first 2 missions this morning before coming to work.

Will probably buy the DLC if it goes on sale again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom