• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i couldn't even get rid of Dead Island on Steamgifts for some reason. If anyone wants it reply here and i'll send you a PM in an hour or so (i'm just nipping out).

It won't activate on Steam unless you're from the US or use a VPN.

I'm probably too late but I'll take it!

Panda Rin

I've never played a Total War game. Is it hard to get into, specifically Shogun 2? I've been eyeing to get one of the games for some time now.

goober

So which DLC for Shogun 2 is worth the money? Already have Rise of the Samurai, plan on getting Fall of the Samurai when it's a lot cheaper.

ShaneB

I didn't really enjoy BG&E as much as I was expecting when I played the XBLA release. Mirror's Edge is one of my favourite games of this gen, so that got my vote. Not sure I'll double dip on it, but it definitely deserves to be played more by everyone who hasn't yet!

it was actually only 40% off and the fact on the store pages it said "deal lasts until July 23rd" should have clued you in that it wasn't part of the daily

this is why you always wait until the last day to buy anything that isn't further discounted

the DLC not the game itself

It was indeed 40% though I have a funny feeling that it said was a Daily deal price.

kafiend

Did anyone ever play the Grotesque Tactics games? I would love a FF Tactics style SRPG on STEAM.

It's not even a pimple on the arse of FF Tactics.

Now I've got that out of my system I can say I kinda like it. Its peurille, full of generic humor that thinks its being ironic when its just being generic. However, it ticks all the right buttons for me and ever since they fixed the fucking awful camera panning mostly it's a little easier to recommend. Imagine me as an actual seal giving it my Seal of Recommendation.

clappingseal.gif

goober

Well i couldn't even get rid of Dead Island on Steamgifts for some reason. If anyone wants it reply here and i'll send you a PM in an hour or so (i'm just nipping out).

I'd like a try!

Vastag

The shogun DLC was only discounted a 40% when it was a daily and now that is a flash deal it has a 75%? I don't know how steam sales work anymore.

Binary Domain completed

Fantastic game

I wanna take a stab at something else tonight. The Walking Dead would be better served by a single long play session right?

I wanna take a look at it, but I'm thinking maybe I should leave it for when I can dedicate enough time.

So which DLC for Shogun 2 is worth the money? Already have Rise of the Samurai, plan on getting Fall of the Samurai when it's a lot cheaper.
Probably all of it bar the Dragon War Pack. I enjoy the option to play the other 2 clans, the Sengoku units are quite cool and make each clan a little more unique and the Blood pack is sort of awesome.

I've never played a Total War game. Is it hard to get into, specifically Shogun 2? I've been eyeing to get one of the games for some time now.
They aren't too hard to get into. It can be a little daunting and first but you'll soon pick it up in no time and get 1-more-turn-itus just like Civilization gives you.

My basket says right now:
Fallout 3: GOTY
Hydrophobia
PixelJunk Eden
Red Faction: Guerrilla

Yay or nay?
Fixed the list for you. Hydrophobia is a waste. You'll regret it if you buy it.

Me please?

Binary Domain completed

Fantastic game

I wanna take a stab at something else tonight. The Walking Dead would be better served by a single long play session right?

I wanna take a look at it, but I'm thinking maybe I should leave it for when I can dedicate enough time.

2 of 5 eps are out now, you could get through what's there pretty fast.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
I need a Mass Effect bundle and the Geneforge collection to hit a higher sale (it might not which is fine) and some of my most wanted will be over. Sure there is a ton of other stuff I want too though.

Hoping for bad deals today! I am running out of credit!

Carlisle

F3 GOTY for $5 is a steal. I haven't bought any games yet, but I might get New Vegas UE for that price.

Still haven't finished The Witcher, so I'm not sure if it's the best decision.

Yeah, I'm pretty pissed at myself. I have FO3 + 3 DLCs on 360, and the last two DLCs came on sale for $5 each so I got them. But now the whole GotY is on PC for half what I spent on the DLC.

I want to get the PC one anyway since it's, well, PC and only $5... but I know I'll only hate myself more if I do.

Man, these Steam sales really breed a lot of introspection and self evaluation.

Megasoum

Banned
Everybody needs to vote for Lara Croft. Amazing coop game!

I know I'm biased cause I worked on it but it's still amazing lol

Bricky

Mirror's edge; yes please! I've wanted to replay that game for quite a long time now, so 75% off would be an instabuy. I loved the gameplay an the graphics.

BG&E is a good choice to, because the game is awesome and if lotsa people buy it the sequel will come sooner (I hope).

A platforming 2-D shooter indie game about a boy and girl who go out to save their land.

It's quite fun enough to justify the 2.50 sale.
Wtf, it's a shooter? I thought it was ARPG-ish. That's the impression I got from the cover art.

Need input on this cart:

aEf1M.png

Whoever posted the hidden gems list, this is your fault.

Should I bite?
Delete Hydrophobia. It's not even worth it for $1.24!

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
GOD FINALLY SOMETHING. Guerrilla and New Vegas. New Vegas wasn't even on my list, it was nice to have that feeling again. That feeling of being taken advantage of.

Sora_N

Might pick up Total War Shogun 2, how is it? Also eyeing the DLC (not the expansions), are any of those worth picking up or should I just get the game itself and play that first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom