• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 12 and what is this? (in the US)
irCQoZTU2m0c8.jpg

It's the indie bundle, that same thing happens to me sometimes...just refresh the page.

Sarcasm

I haven't paid over like 10 bucks for a steam game in a long time.

If you have never played any of the assasin creed games, is the pack worth it?

Also is rage worth it?

USD wise.

jimmy5150

whats the consensus on dear esther? someone i know said its boring and up its ass.... but the trailer has nice music and astmos

If you can like a game that has great atmosphere and good writing, but doesn't have much in the way of challenging gameplay, go for it.

Frankly, I think anybody who is remotely interested in it should check it out for $2.50

metalshade

How many of the star wars games actually withstood the test of time?
I remember playing KOTOR and republic commando and liking them a lot, so I will prob get them, but what star wars games would GAF recommend?

For the record, the Assassin's Creed pricing may be busted. It's 39.19 to buy the games, including all DLC, individually, but $44.79 to buy them in a pack. In case the 75% off pricing was a mistake, I jumped on the ACII Deluxe and AC: Brotherhood Deluxe that I was missing for $15 total. Not bad, really.

Chris R

Considering Indie Bundle V instead of just picking up Ys since I only own Audiosurf from the pack... Would I get a bonus copy to gift if I bought it?

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
Nice. Just picked up Dear Esther, the Indie Bundle V (mainly for Gemini Rue and Ys), Saints Row 3, Hard Reset, and Trine 2 (had it already on Xbox, but for $3 I'll take it on Steam too).

Total = like 30 bucks. Unreal.

rhfb said:
Considering Indie Bundle V instead of just picking up Ys since I only own Audiosurf from the pack... Would I get a bonus copy to gift if I bought it?
No, unfortunately not.

Einbroch

Banned

Also is rage worth it?

USD wise.

The pack is more expensive than the individual games, and about $8 is Revelations DLC. Pick up the games seperately without the DLC if you want the games.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Noting much for me. Maybe Fable 2. I should be happy there isn't anything for me to buy but Im not. :(

Also is rage worth it?

USD wise.

Don't get the pack. Add each game individually to your cart and you'll save about $5. Save more if you don't want to buy the stupid character packs for Revelations.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Friendly reminder to everyone!

Buy Ys Origin! It's top tier, challenging, fun and fast!

For the record, the Assassin's Creed pricing may be busted. It's 39.19 to buy the games, including all DLC, individually, but $44.79 to buy them in a pack. In case the 75% off pricing was a mistake, I jumped on the ACII Deluxe and AC: Brotherhood Deluxe that I was missing for $15 total. Not bad, really.

I was asking this too. I'm guessing hte DLC that's listed on the AssCreed page is what the extra bit is. Actually it shows on the page, and that's exactly what that is.

So anyone on this:

If I just want AssCreed for the story/gameplay and not really multiplayer do I need the DLC? Or can I just pick up the 4 games for $32?

whats the consensus on dear esther? someone i know said its boring and up its ass.... but the trailer has nice music and astmos

I had problems with it but liked the narrative. But I think anybody who uses the phrase "up its ass" should definitely avoid. Its not very interactive and the writing is very ambigious and lavishly emblished with a sophisticated vocabulary. In other words, you are likely to find it pretentious if you are someone who applies that label to things.

Anyone who has ever used the term "artsy fartsy" should also run screaming in the opposite direction. This game is definitely not for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom