• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Im_Special

Hey guys I'm thinking of picking up Assassin Creed 2 + Brotherhood since it seems like those are considered the 2 best ones, but first can anyone tell me what kind of DRM these two games use? It's Ubi so I'm going to assume the worse.

MachoSuave

Neo Member
Dear Esther and AoE3 for me! Today's indie bundle was tempting at first, but the only game in there I don't have that I really want is Ys.

Are you me?

One of the last things on my wishlist is Legend of the Beast,
at $1.70,
and I'm waiting for a better deal.

Do you see the monster you make me become, Gabe?

Sianos

If Recettear gets a daily/flash will the whole pack go down too?

Think I'll put aside an extra $5 until then. No purchases for me today unless we get a great flash or community day. Time to get a bit more frugal... maybe.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have been wanting rage since it was release but was hesitant due to all the problems and complaints. I'm wondering if I should pick it up now for $10 or would the PS3 version just be better than PC?

Grab the PC version. It runs maxed out at 60fps even on modest hardware while the PS3 version has a dynamic resolution that drops as low as 640x720.

For the record, the Assassin's Creed pricing may be busted. It's 39.19 to buy the games, including all DLC, individually, but $44.79 to buy them in a pack. In case the 75% off pricing was a mistake, I jumped on the ACII Deluxe and AC: Brotherhood Deluxe that I was missing for $15 total. Not bad, really.

Looks like I was right. They changed the Assassin's Creed Pack pricing to $35. I feel sorry for everyone that bought everything individually to save money though :(.

Miker

Not sure if this has been said yet, but FTHREEAR is actually a ton of fun in co-op. It's short as hell, too, but that's a good thing to me because it doesn't outstay its welcome. Good, solid shooting, fun guns, hilarious melee attacks, and stupid dialogue out the ass. It's not a bad PC port either -- performance is solid even on older rigs, FOV is tweakable via .ini, and co-op uses Steamworks, so you shouldn't have any connection issues. If you want a fun shooter, GET FTHREEAR.

LiK

Hey guys I'm thinking of picking up Assassin Creed 2 + Brotherhood since it seems like those are considered the 2 best ones, but first can anyone tell me what kind of DRM these two games use? It's Ubi so I'm going to assume the worse.

you MUST buy Revelations as well. it ends Ezio's story and ties up other loose ends.

2San

BOOM! Bought Metro 2033 and KotR... two games I've never played in my entire life... that's right, I've never played KotR. SAY SOMETHING HATER.
I still have kotor, from the previous summer sale, still haven't gotten around to playing it. To make it worse for some reason I'm playing DAII atm(bought via origin, no less).
People liked Rage?
Carmack worked on it, so I bought it. Is there something wrong with my logic?

Tomodachi

I love (not) the fact that I bought Dear Esther on the 16th of May for 3,49€ and I still have to launch it for the first time. Of course today it's 1,74€, so that's the clever (NOT!) part about building the hugest backlog ever. FML.

GABE, I BLAME YOU!
(NOT! I blame myself :( )

Einbroch

Banned
BOOM! Bought Metro 2033 and KotR... two games I've never played in my entire life... that's right, I've never played KotR. SAY SOMETHING HATER.

KoTOR is a mediocre game. The combat just wasn't fun and I have no investment at all in the Star Wars universe. Story was pretty good (I quit about 10 hours in or so).

Yes, I'm being completely serious. It's not a bad game, and I can see why people like it, but...Star Wars is such a putoff for me, and I don't know why. SWTOR sealed the deal.

Don't kill me.

Sarcasm

Well Assassins creed pack price updated..its 34.99 now. Still iffy..feels weird spending over 10 bucks.

ibrgsoRW6Ft0iY.PNG

Miker

I'm on the fence with Dear Esther... Looks interesting, but how long is it? Does it tell any type of story?

It's about an hour. Yes, one hour. And the story is reaaaaaally vague. Artsy and all that. At that price, though, it's worth it for the visual and atmosphere alone. The environments were done by the same guy who helped make Mirror's Edge's environments. Seriously, the caves are fucking beautiful.

Tomodachi

KoTOR is a mediocre game. The combat just wasn't fun and I have no investment at all in the Star Wars universe. Story was pretty good (I quit about 10 hours in or so).

Yes, I'm being completely serious. It's not a bad game, and I can see why people like it, but...Star Wars is such a putoff for me, and I don't know why. SWTOR sealed the deal.

Don't kill me.
I basically hate everything Bioware ever produced, so I'm totally ok with this.

I love Star Wars though, so I'll have to kill you anyway. Sorry.

adg1034

Anyone can answer these questions, please? ;_;

I'll copy and paste my Dear Esther recommendation from within Steam itself:

Prior to buying Dear Esther, I saw it described as a "first person sad-em-up." Which, if I'm being fair, is accurate. The developers clearly were aiming for a capital-E Experience rather than a game, and they succeeded. But what an experience. The best visuals I've seen from the Source engine yet, jaw-dropping music, and writing that's had more care put into both its creation and its voice acting than most titles with 100 times the budget.

I can recommend Dear Esther unreservedly to anyone who'd like a shorter, more cerebral experience as a change of pace from their usual games. Or anyone who thinks they appreciate good art. For this is just that.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yoshi, have fun w/ Kotor. I've played it 5 times now. There are some pretty neat mods out for it as well!
Thank you sir!!! I really look forward to it~

So tempted by RAGE and Assassins Creed pack, I only own Assassins creed 1 but im dying to play the rest.

Why cant RAGE be 7.50 or less, it would have been an insta buy.

Does RAGE run fine on an AMD HD 7970 card?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I just want to say that Gemini Rue is an amazing underlooked gem. I can't say too much without spoilers, but the game has an amazing world, characters, and story matched with a very interesting aesthetic and gameplay design to the adventure genre. Essentially imagine more 'survival' scenarios and combat added to an adventure game... IT sounds weird but the game does a good job at teaching a more strategic combat system and it's actually a lot of fun. It is an extremely thought-provoking game. I hope others gush to explain it better, but I will say there's a reason those who played it, critics and gamers, loved it both.

BadAss2961

It's about an hour. Yes, one hour. And the story is reaaaaaally vague. Artsy and all that. At that price, though, it's worth it for the visual and atmosphere alone. The environments were done by the same guy who helped make Mirror's Edge's environments. Seriously, the caves are fucking beautiful.
Thanks. I'm not sure yet, but i've got all day to think about it.

HoosTrax

Well for you young'uns, KOTOR is basically Mass Effect with a Star Wars setting. Very formulaic -- you can see all the same little influences that would eventually go into making ME.

So tempted by RAGE and Assassins Creed pack, I only own Assassins creed 1 but im dying to play the rest.

Why cant RAGE be 7.50 or less, it would have been an insta buy.

Does RAGE run fine on an AMD HD 7970 card?

I picked up RAGE for $5 and I regret it. Saying that the performance is horrible is an understatement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom