• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
To any one else having this problem with the store:

8qxe2.png

Do you live in the Central Florida area?

Apparently there's something wrong with steam for Bright House internet users

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/wni73/steam_store_down_for_many_in_the_south_eastern/
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2811957

Danielsan

Shit. I wasn't supposed to spend any more cash. Now I'm considering getting Ass Creed 2 (already own the 360 version, but never finished it), Ass Creed Brotherhood and Metro 2033.

KScorp

"This pack includes, Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut Edition, Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: Deluxe Edition and Assassin's Creed Revelations: Gold Edition"

"Package includes Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: Deluxe Edition despite only having Assassin's Creed Brotherhood listed among the included games."

Whoops, didn't see the About the game section. :/

Corrected my posts. Sorry about that.

Def Jukie

Thinking about getting the AC pack. What's the DRM situation on these games? One time activation? The always on has been patched out, correct?

I think this is happening to a friend of mine, too.

I'll give it a few more days, see if they reappear. It's not entirely unusual for transactions to come and go on online statements. It's just making it hard to keep track of how much money I can keep paying Gabe.

I almost got Dear Esther, but I watched some videos of it and it did not look appealing to me at all, not even at that meager price point.

KarmaCow

Is the AC: Brotherhood Deluxe edition worth it? Or should I just go with the regular edition?

If the single player maps are anything like the ones in the deluxe version of AC2...no. I would think that the multiplayer is dead, making the skins fairly worthless but I have no idea.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just bought Cave Story while at work. I wasn't aware of the remote install feature. I feel like I'm on fucking star trek or something. THE FUTURE IS NOW.

TP17

Ahh keep drifting from buying to not buying The Walking Dead. I know I can wait until all the episodes are out and it's maybe cheaper around christmas, but at the same time, I don't wanna. So I guess this is the steam sale effect? :p

Not interested in any of todays deals and looks like I missed the fallout deals while at work.

People claim Hard Reset is a great classic style FPS. I don't see it. Great FPS though it may be, it does not have the structure of a classic FPS, games like Doom and Duke3d. What I played was very linear. I hate the weapon system. You have to select between a modern-looking weapon, and then a more futuristic weapon. And THEN those two guns have their own modes - I think four each. So you have to press two keys in order to switch to a certain gun, unless the other one you want is on the same 'type' of gun you already have selected. It's a bit of a pain, and could have been easily fixed with extra keybinds.

Haven't touched Binary Domain.

Yeah, the game would be so much more fun without all the invisible walls.
I hope their next game has better level design.

Thinking about getting the AC pack. What's the DRM situation on these games? One time activation? The always on has been patched out, correct?

AFAIK it goes something like this:
AC1: nothing
AC2: Uplay, activation required every launch
ACB: Uplay, one time activation
ACR: Uplay, one time activation

Deadstar

Is Assassins Creed any good? I played the first one for a few hours but that's it. Should I get the whole pack or are certain games better than others? I kind of want to try out the creed games. Since they keep making new ones I assume they are fun.

fuck, Ys Oath is in the Indie Bundle with the same price. guess it won't drop any lower.
I was hoping it would drop lower.

My Steam accounts like 6 (?) years old but I never used it outside of Half-Life and Counter-Strike... I'm now noticing all the steam sales. This is truly huge to me.
You can't be serious. o_O
Only thing I want from the Indie V bundle is Ys Oath. How are the other games in it? Filler? Only Gemini Rue is not discounted. Hmmmm spend $4.90 for 4 other games that I may never play?
They recycled the SW:KOTOR flash sale from yesterday for todays daily. Same price too.

psykomyko

Of course, the only game (Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition) I really wanted from this sale went on a flash deal while I was asleep and I missed it....

Ifrit

Any thoughs on F.E.A.R 3? Never played any of the sequels, but afaik F.E.A.R 1 is great but bland level design, F.E.A.R 2 is not as good.

Is the 3rd one worth it at $5?

fatty

Anyone feel like typing a list of today's deals for work-GAF? All images are blocked too so I can't check the front page.

I feel your pain, about everything is blocked for me, too (luckily someone posted and image that I can see on here).

Assassin’s Creed Bundle -66% $13.59
Dear Esther -75% $2.49
Iron Front Liberation 1944 – 33% $19.99
Indie Bundle V -75% $9.99
SWKOTOR -75% $2.49
Age of Empires 3 -75% $9.99
Rage -66% $10.19
Metro 2033 -75% 4.99
Men of War -75% $8.74

I have already ACII, interested in Brotherhood. Not going to buy Revelations yet, too expensive.

It's Deluxe Edition worth it? It's says 2 solo maps are included. Are there like aditional chapters DLC at II, or just 2 maps to wandering around?

TrounceX

Ok, someone help me out. Which Assassin's Creed games do I buy? I've never played one.

Play AC2 and Brotherhood, skip the other 2 imo.

The first AC is a good proof of concept, but the gameplay is all kinds of repetitive. I would just read a story summary online and hop straight into AC2.

Revelations I'm playing through right now, and it's alright. The gameplay feels the most refined in the series, and there's some inventive set pieces to be experienced, however by this point the standard AC formula is wearing a bit thin on me.

Gbraga

Ys and Gemini would still add up to $9.99 anyways, though.

I'll pick up the full bundle, I have some extra funds.

I was thinking about waiting for a flash steal on Ys, but now thinking about it, what if I'm sleeping during that time? I'll just get the indie bundle.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

Only thing I want from the Indie V bundle is Ys Oath. How are the other games in it? Filler? Only Gemini Rue is not discounted. Hmmmm spend $4.90 for 4 other games that I may never play?

Audiosurf is really fun, my most played Steam game.

And it goes well with the awesome music from Ys. The files are stored in OGG format, you can copy them out and use them in Audiosurf.

Koroviev

Gemini Rue and Audiosurf are not filler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom