• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So tempted by RAGE and Assassins Creed pack, I only own Assassins creed 1 but im dying to play the rest.

Why cant RAGE be 7.50 or less, it would have been an insta buy.

Does RAGE run fine on an AMD HD 7970 card?

Should work just fine provided you're using the latest drivers. The game doesn't need a lot of GPU power; any performance issues people are encountering are purely driver related.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Well for you young'uns, KOTOR is basically Mass Effect with a Star Wars setting. Very formulaic -- you can see all the same little influences that would eventually go into making ME.
It was kinda frustrating reading all the KotR reviews (10s and GotYs) but not being able to play it when it was fresh... never owned an Xbox and didn't have a good PC at that time! I can't wait!

Is anyone else's Steam transactions not appearing on their bank statements? They appear as pending, but then vanish after that. I mean, I'm sure that they'll probably reappear but it creeps me out.

The fuck, the Assassins pack doesnt come with Brotherhood deluxe edition :(, was about to bite until I noticed this, so weak :(

DE is not worth it at all. Getting the regular Brotherhood is fine (Da Vinci DLC is included free on PC anyway).

edit: also the pack does include the DE so not sure if it's a region thing.

Jzero

I just want to say that Gemini Rue is an amazing underlooked gem. I can't say too much without spoilers, but the game has an amazing world, characters, and story matched with a very interesting aesthetic and gameplay design to the adventure genre. Essentially imagine more 'survival' scenarios and combat added to an adventure game... IT sounds weird but the game does a good job at teaching a more strategic combat system and it's actually a lot of fun. I hope others gush to explain it better, but I will say there's a reason those who played it, critics and gamers, loved it both.
I would of liked it more if my save file didn't get corrupted when steam updated the game :(

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
For anyone wondering,

RAGE IS AWESOME.

It's just raw shootin' and drivin', and both felt great to me. I know a lot of people give it crap, but I just loved that game. It looks wonderful, the gameplay is incredible, and - haters gonna hate - I liked driving around.

For $10, it's really a great game. Don't hesitate if you're interested.

---------------------

Now, can someone tell me... Does this Assassin's Creed pack contain every game? I've got none of them, so I'm thinking this is a good buy for me.

I just want to say that Gemini Rue is an amazing underlooked gem. I can't say too much without spoilers, but the game has an amazing world, characters, and story matched with a very interesting aesthetic and gameplay design to the adventure genre. Essentially imagine more 'survival' scenarios and combat added to an adventure game... IT sounds weird but the game does a good job at teaching a more strategic combat system and it's actually a lot of fun. It is an extremely thought-provoking game. I hope others gush to explain it better, but I will say there's a reason those who played it, critics and gamers, loved it both.

I want this bad, I hope I don't miss it if it goes on sale

adg1034

The fuck, the Assassins pack doesnt come with Brotherhood deluxe edition :(, was about to bite until I noticed this, so weak :(

From the Assassin's Creed Pack page:

"About the Game
Package includes Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: Deluxe Edition despite only having Assassin's Creed Brotherhood listed among the included games."

I'm on the fence with Dear Esther... Looks interesting, but how long is it? Does it tell any type of story?

It is all story, but subtle. It's an experience more than a game, but one worth taking. Took me about 2 hours, but I didn't rush through. You don't shoot anyone, there is no leveling up, no RPG elements lite or otherwise. It's a story you exist in. I enjoyed it very much, but if you need to shoot things in your games you won't.

Something beat the daily deal. Shogun 2 DLC is cheaper now during the flash sale than it was during the daily, same with Ass Creed Rev.

Revelations is the same price as it was during the flash sale. And DLC usually isn't included in flash sale pricing, I've noticed so far. You can usually tell this when its discount is substantially less than the game's.

Fixed1979

People liked Rage?

Very much so. It has it's issues, but the id still knows gunplay and it's one of the things this game does very very well.

I picked up RAGE for $5 and I regret it. Saying that the performance is horrible is an understatement.

I didn't think the performance was that bad, unless you're not on Team Green and I think they've long sense fixed the issues. Texture pop-in definitely exists but it didn't really bother me.

bigace33

Well for you young'uns, KOTOR is basically Mass Effect with a Star Wars setting. Very formulaic -- you can see all the same little influences that would eventually go into making ME.

Complete with a lame ending to boot. In all seriousness Kotor was amazing, but man the ending just felt really lackluster to me. Great pick up for $2 and change though. It really does feel like Mass Effect with low res graphics too.

Ahh cool, I will buy the pack then, didnt know the PC version came with the Da Vinci pack.

And RAGE, damn, so many mixed reviews here :(, still on the fence.

haikira

I'm glad a lot of people seem to be interested, in picking up Dustforce, if it goes on sale. Couldn't recommend it more. I paid full price and i'm very happy with the purchase. If it goes on sale, don't think twice.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Mission might dethrone Tali as your digital waifu.
But will she win my heart against Liz?!

fCj0C.png

Koroviev

Is anyone else's Steam transactions not appearing on their bank statements? They appear as pending, but then vanish after that. I mean, I'm sure that they'll probably reappear but it creeps me out.

Our Lord wishes for you to step out in faith. He would never drain your life savings in their entirety.

Rage is actually very fun. The gunplay is really satisfying and so is the driving stuff. The characters are pretty interesting, voiced dialogue is good, world looks pretty nice though not a huge amount of variety.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Here's the update to the daily wallpaper gif. I decided to go smaller than I did before and I also sped it up to 1000ms per frame instead of 2000ms that I had before.

maaDO.gif

Complete with a lame ending to boot. In all seriousness Kotor was amazing, but man the ending just felt really lackluster to me. Great pick up for $2 and change though. It really does feel like Mass Effect with low res graphics too.

I thought the possible endings were awesome, all of them
especially the one where Carth dies

haikira

To chime in on RAGE. It's a good game. But it feels like a movie, which is missing it's final reel. It doesn't have a bad ending. It has no ending.

It's a fun game and one that looks very pretty at times. But if you don't soak up the side content, it's also short.

I didn't think the performance was that bad, unless you're not on Team Green but I think they've long sense fixed the issues. Texture pop-in definitely exists but it didn't really bother me.

I've got a 560 Ti, 2500K, and 8Gb RAM. Didn't even have the settings maxed out and it was literally unplayable.

Aaron

Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai is also part of the flash sale, though it doesn't link to it. Better discount than when it was on the daily.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ahh cool, I will buy the pack then, didnt know the PC version came with the Da Vinci pack.

And RAGE, damn, so many mixed reviews here :(, still on the fence.

Do you like Doom and/or Quake? Buy Rage. In true id fashion, the plot is paper-thin, the ending completely sucks, and there's not much to the vehicular gameplay, but the FPS action is utterly fantastic.

"This pack includes, Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut Edition, Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: Deluxe Edition and Assassin's Creed Revelations: Gold Edition"

"Package includes Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: Deluxe Edition despite only having Assassin's Creed Brotherhood listed among the included games."

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Ok, someone help me out. Which Assassin's Creed games do I buy? I've never played one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom