• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

vid

The Steam website has been broken for me since last night. At the time, I just assumed that it was being crippled under the load of people looking for the last minute deals of the day, but I woke up today to discover that it still won't load.... nor will it load for anyone else in the house.

I've tried restarting the cable and routers, but no luck so far... any suggestions?

Chairhome

I asked this in the community thread but it seems like everyone is hanging out here so...

Just picked up Arkham City in the Steam sales. I'm getting horrible chugging when I enter a new area and spin the camera around for the first time. After that, 60fps. Any ideas?

If you're using DX11, don't. Its much worse on any card, i've heard..

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
im sure there are tones of people with 500+ games in their steam account...im one of them
LQJam.jpg

That's awesome. I remember when Steam started and only had a handful of games. Even now, when I think about it, I can't picture more than 1,000 games being offered, even though that's clearly a low number.

KScorp

Damage so far. I don't remember what I paid for any of this. Is there somewhere that shows the pricing detail on my profile?

Yes. If you go into your account details page (in the top right drop down menu), you can select Store Transactions and it will list every purchase you made, including price. (If you buy multiple games at a time however, it will not show the price of each individual game, only the sum.)

Sianos

MIDSALE DAMAGE REPORT:

Rayman Oranges $15
Trine 2 $3.75
Legend of Grimrock $6
Half Life
Half Life: Blue Shift
Half Life: Opposing Force
Team Fortress Classic: $3.75
Ys: Origins $8
Plants vs. Zombies $2.50
Left 4 Dead 2 $5
Fallout 3 -GOTY $5
Fallout: New Vegas $5
Audiosurf
Gemini Rue
Greed Corp (<3 Yeefbear)
The Tiny Band Story
Ys: Oath in Felghana $10

TOTAL: $60
AVERAGE PER GAME: $3.53

Cudder

So, is Dear Esther horror-esque or what? That trailer on the game page seems pretty cool and haunting.

Also, is the OST worth the extra cash?

Damn guys, I thought I had a lot. Last time I checked steam calculator my account is worth almost 1,900 dollars. I've actually finished a majority of them, only got about ~35 games in my backlog.

If Recettear gets a daily/flash will the whole pack go down too?

Think I'll put aside an extra $5 until then. No purchases for me today unless we get a great flash or community day. Time to get a bit more frugal... maybe.

I'm waiting for Recettear too. It went down to $5 over the Christmas/winter sale so I'm thinking it will soon.

A friend recommended it to me a couple weeks ago and I tried the demo and was hooked.

louiedog

I watched that 17-minute walkthrough of Hitman Absolution and now I'm having a really hard time not buying Blood Money. I really shouldn't... but man that game was good and it's so cheap. If Steam didn't take PayPal I'd try solving this by throwing my wallet out of the window. It's hard to forget my email address and password.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
F.E.A.R. 3 worth the $5?

For $5, and if you have someone to play it with, then yes. In any other situation though, no. The game is fun, don't get me wrong, but it also was incredibly disappointing and essentially killed off everything that made FEAR what it was. It also has a laughably terrible plot full of some of the most convoluted bullshit and blatant plot holes I have seen in a long while, with insult added to injury that some of the late game plot points will seriously piss off long-time fans.

But for all of that, it actually has pretty decent level design. The campaign is short, but fun while it lasts. The game really shines in it's multiplayer modes though, especially F***ING RUN and Convulsions. Those two modes were kind of the highlight for me and others I happened to play with.

Katoki

If I started with AC:R on the PS3 out of curiosity (Never got far, PS3 ran HOT as hell where it was) for all the hype and huge following, can I get away with just going AC2 + AC:R or do I NEED AC:B? I already bought AC:R since I figured it was all I was going to play for fun but $4.99 for AC2 Deluxe, can't pass.

rjc571

Banned
So that Dear Esther thing is really just an interactive screensaver? Shame... I was under the impression that it was an adventure game of sorts.

That's awesome. I remember when Steam started and only had a handful of games. Even now, when I think about it, I can't picture more than 1,000 games being offered, even though that's clearly a low number.

yea also, thos indi bundles help build your collection as well.

Carlisle

Damn guys, I thought I had a lot. Last time I checked steam calculator my account is worth almost 1,900 dollars. I've actually finished a majority of them, only got about ~35 games in my backlog.

I did not know of this. This sale finally pushed me over the 200-game threshhold. So if you're at 1900 with 35... Oh God I'm so so scared to check.

Edit:
Looks like it's offline due to heavy traffic. Ignorance remains bliss for yet another day.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How is Darkness II? I kinda liked the original because it was unique back then!

So, just out of curiosity, who on GAF has the biggest Steam collection? I just passed 250 (currently at 253), which is a stupid amount. I've probably only ever booted up 10% of those.

Who else has a ridiculously large Steam collection?

Definitely RAGE. It's fantastic.

Doesn't JaseC have 1000?
I thought JaseC had the biggest. Was proven wrong.
I got 90 games, but steam counts dlc. I have roughly 55 games or so.

If I started with AC:R on the PS3 out of curiosity (Never got far, PS3 ran HOT as hell where it was) for all the hype and huge following, can I get away with just going AC2 + AC:R or do I NEED AC:B? I already bought AC:R since I figured it was all I was going to play for fun but $4.99 for AC2 Deluxe, can't pass.

Assassin Creed Brotherhood is amazing and tells what happens to Ezio after the second games ending.
It enhances things that wer already good in 2 and Rome is fantastic. Its my favourite AC.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
is Dear Esher worth it ?
The soundtrack is excellent, the story is a bit too much "artsy" but it's an okay game.

Einbroch

Banned
53 games. Not including this sale, I have only NOT played two games. And those two games were a part of some indie bundles.

You guys have problems.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Rage is a risky one, Valve and Id stuff go crazy cheap sometime. 67% off is nice, but I can just feel 75% or 80% coming.

Okay 24 hours to make my choice.

I did not know of this. This sale finally pushed me over the 200-game threshhold. So if you're at 1900 with 35... Oh God I'm so so scared to check.

Edit:
Looks like it's offline due to heavy traffic. Ignorance remains bliss for yet another day.

No no. I have ~120 games TOTAL. I take it back, my backlog is probably closer to 50.

How is Darkness II? I kinda liked the original because it was unique back then!

I didn't play first but had a chance to play the second. Was worth a playthrough for sure.

Prophane33

My damage so far this sale:

Recieved as Gifts:
Portal 2
Flatout (via Steamgifts)
EDF: Insect Armageddon

Bought:
Street Fighter IV: AE
The two fallout NV DLC I didn't have (Lonesome Road & Honest Hearts)
The two Shogun 2 DLC I didn't have (Ikko Ikki Clan & Dragon War battle pack)
Hard Reset
F.E.A.R. (Just bought the first one because it's really the only one I'm interested in)
Ys The Oath in Felghana

Will probably get Day of Defeat: Source (wondering if it will go lower) and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis by the end of the sale. Completely failed on my "Buy Nothing" goal, put money in my steam wallet in an attempt to do SOME damage control...currently have 5.96 left.

Enco

To Walking Dead or not to Walking Dead.

It looks fun but crazy short. Even with 5 chapters, at 2 hours, that's only 10 hours of gameplay. Is it worth it? I enjoyed Heavy Rain and that's why I'm considering this.

HBroward

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Broward

Add me to the wall of shame. Damn you Steam! I like to think I will never run out of things to do when I'm sitting around the retirement home one day. If steam is still around then.

Cudder

is Dear Esher worth it ?

So that Dear Esther thing is really just an interactive screensaver? Shame... I was under the impression that it was an adventure game of sorts.

So, is Dear Esther horror-esque or what? That trailer on the game page seems pretty cool and haunting.

Also, is the OST worth the extra cash?

Looking forward to get Dear Esther... Is the soundtrack worth it?

someone

Sysgen

Its a decent game, not as scary as the first 2 games and not as good looking as fear 2, if you haven&#8217;t played the first 2 games I would give it a miss, if you have you might enjoy it.

FEAR3 is DirectX11 and looks great. After you finish you can play as Fettle (the brother) who has this cool ability to possess and blow soldiers up from within plus telekinesis so you can toss around the environment. The coop is great. The story is faster paced and more clear than any of the other games and they tell the story from the beginning so no prior knowledge needed. Also retains the great gun play the series is known for. LOVED IT!

Volcynika

To Walking Dead or not to Walking Dead.

It looks fun but crazy short. Even with 5 chapters, at 2 hours, that's only 10 hours of gameplay. Is it worth it? I enjoyed Heavy Rain and that's why I'm considering this.

Only two of the five chapters are released. People really like what has been released so far (from the impressions I've seen). That's all you can go on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom