• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sianos

Picked up the full Indie Bundle, might as well since I wanted two of the games that added up to $9.99.

Shoutouts to Yeefbear for gifting me Greed Corp!

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
So, just out of curiosity, who on GAF has the biggest Steam collection? I just passed 250 (currently at 253), which is a stupid amount. I've probably only ever booted up 10% of those.

Who else has a ridiculously large Steam collection?

How does GAF feel about RAGE for under $10 vs FEAR 3 for under 5?

Leaning toward Rage... The original FEAR was fun...

Definitely RAGE. It's fantastic.

_machine

Grabbed so far:
Mafia 2 Renegade Pack - 0.74€
Alan Wake Pack - 8.99€
Monkey Island Pack - 3.74€
Fallout 3 GOTY - 4.99€

Total: 18.46€

Doing preeetty good so far and I'm definitely complete all the games which is always a plus.

Bollocks. While rushing to buy SR3 I input the wrong date of birth and its locked me out. Thats what I get for not paying attention I guess.

Was tempted to grab an Assassin's Creed game, but the Uplay shenanigans last weekend and the knowledge that another one is coming out in November has kinda put me off. Looks like I might get away with going 24 hours without buying anything, pending flash deals.

The_Monk

If fellow GAFfers have a good gaming PC but do not get Metro 2033 and Dear Esther you are doing wrong!

Also, get the book of Metro 2033 if you are into reading.

yaron777

Hello fine gentlemen of GAF,

Could anyone tell me if the AC Prima guides are on sale aswell?

If so, would anyone be so kind to buy them for me since they're not available in Europe?
I can repay through Steam wallet or Paypal.

Thank you

Volcynika

So, just out of curiosity, who on GAF has the biggest Steam collection? I just passed 250 (currently at 253), which is a stupid amount. I've probably only ever booted up 10% of those.

Joe Molotov is high up there.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
But can you stay clean?
Neogaf1.gif

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Bollocks. While rushing to buy SR3 I input the wrong date of birth and its locked me out. Thats what I get for not paying attention I guess.

Give up. Steam sale's over for you.

Use your browser for now.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

LOL are you kidding? You're probably in the bottom 25% of Steam-GAF, collection size wise.

Deadstar

Was tempted to grab an Assassin's Creed game, but the Uplay shenanigans last weekend and the knowledge that another one is coming out in November has kinda put me off. Looks like I might get away with going 24 hours without buying anything, pending flash deals.

What uplay shenannigans? I am not aware.

Double D

Damage so far. I don't remember what I paid for any of this. Is there somewhere that shows the pricing detail on my profile?

Cities XL 2012

The Walking Dead

Vessel

Batman 1 and 2 and Gotham City Impostors Bundle

Orcs Must Die + Artifacts of Power and Lost Adventures

Alice Madness Returns

Half-Life Complete

Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb

The Binding Of Isaac

Trine 2

Dacvak

LOL are you kidding? You're probably in the bottom 25% of Steam-GAF, collection size wise.

This is why I ask. =P

I want to see someone's 500+ game collection.

OniShiro

Banned
Damage so far. I don't remember what I paid for any of this. Is there somewhere that shows the pricing detail on my profile?

Cities XL 2012

The Walking Dead

Vessel

Batman 1 and 2 and Gotham City Impostors Bundle

Orcs Must Die + Artifacts of Power and Lost Adventures

Alice Madness Returns

Half-Life Complete

The Binding Of Isaac

Trine 2
It's better that way.

Well, I'll probably end up getting Metro 2033 today, as well as Cave Story from the Flash deal, and pick up Serious Sam 3 from yesterday's deal.

I think that'll finish me up for the summer, most likely.

Momentary

Banned
What have I done!!!! ; _ ;

FEAR Complete Pack
Qube
Dead Space Pack
Saint Row: The Third Franchise Pack
Anno 2070 Pack
Frozen Synapse: Complete Pack
Plants vs. Zombies
Dead Island Complete
Lara Croft GOL
Indi Bundle Day Two
Half-Life Complete
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Assassin's Creed Pack-Deluxe
Blades of Time - Limited Edition
The Witcher 2
Cyan Complete Pack 2012
The Walking Dead
Trine 2 Collector's Edition
Back to the Future: The Game
Batman Complete Collection
Waves
Really Big Sky
Fractal
OddBoxx
Prince of Persia Complete Pack

feel

Man, it feels bad to log in after a bunch of hours and meet a completely undesired set of Dailies and Flashes.

Only thing really interesting for me is the Mirrors Edge vote which I can't get through. Thought I would buy Cave Story to see what the fuss is all about but that's not available for purchase in the iOS app for some reason.. bah

I'd be surprised if it wasn't Joe Molotov with the largest collection.

I didn't think I would be buying much this Steam sale, if it wasn't for the Flash and Vote deals I likely wouldn't have purchased any daily deals beyond that one indie pack I picked up.

Danielsan

What have I done!!!! ; _ ;

FEAR Complete Pack
Qube
Dead Space Pack
Saint Row: The Third Franchise Pack
Anno 2070 Pack
Frozen Synapse: Complete Pack
Plants vs. Zombies
Dead Island Complete
Lara Croft GOL
Indi Bundle Day Two
Half-Life Complete
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Assassin's Creed Pack-Deluxe
Blades of Time - Limited Edition
The Witcher 2
Cyan Complete Pack 2012
The Walking Dead
Trine 2 Collector's Edition
Back to the Future: The Game
Batman Complete Collection
Waves
Really Big Sky
Fractal
OddBoxx
Prince of Persia Complete Pack
Yikes.

There's also the small fact that each individual bit of DLC gets counted as a game on the Steam Profile page. For example, I currently has 310 games according to the front page of my Steam profile. However, if you click through to my games collection, you'll find they only list 211 items. Discount the mods, Borderland DLC and demos that somehow got stuck in there, and I'm looking at about 200 games.

Clutch is never in these sales. The publisher croak or something?

Know it's supposed to be mediocre, but I want a cheapo Carmageddon-ish thing. No one else's doing anything about it.

Ok Assassin creed time for people that are asking for opinions:
-Assassins Creed 1 DONT BUY IT, is awful, terrible and repetitive. The story is bad, Altair is mr anticharisma, the fighting is horrible, the cities are the worse in the saga and the objectives and missions are repetition after repetition. The only good thing about it is marvel when you start playing AC2 and see how is such an improvement from this piece of shit. Read the story from a wiki if you are interested.

-Assassins Creed 2 IS FUCKING GREAT, gets all what 1 did wrong and makes it work. You will have a blast going around Italy's most famous towns and cities, with plenty of monuments and history to discover. Ezio is so fun as a character, it shits all over his predecessor and the story is also really entertaining and good. Even the Desmond parts are great with two new characters, Rebecca, the nerd girl, and Shaun, the british guy.

-Assassin Creed Brotherhood my favourite of them all, Rome is the most amazing setting in any AC. The story is really awesome, with great set pieces and characters. Lots of surprises if you are fan of the second game. Ezio even controls better than in 2.
The "dungeons" are also enchanced from AC2. Then you have the brotherhood system that blends with the story and is really fun to use.
However there is a perfect mission thing that can drive nuts to completitionists like me, I did it, but is not pleasent, beat the missions only, if you have a perfect good for you, if not, pass to the next thing.
And of course it has the multi, I only played some hours, but from what I played it was really fun.

-Assassins Creed Revelations is not really that bad, but its not great. Its only good. Constantinople even with some good buildings (Santa Sofia being the best one) feels more like AC1 cities than the marvels of 2 and BH. Then it has and awful defense tower minigame. Desmond parts are horrible.
The main story and villians are not interesting in the slightlest.
BUT it has reedeming factors, the "dungeons" are even better than in Borthehood, the music is one of the best of the series, and even if the main story is not that good, Ezio's own story is awesome with Sofia's parts being the best of the game storywise. And it ends Ezio's story (well you have to watch also an animation you will probably find in youtube), and even makes Altair's character better than in his own game, what is an accomplishment.

SO THE SUMMARY IS:
-Pass Assassin creed 1
-Buy 2 and Botherhood at any cost
-Wait to the christmas sales to buy Revelations as it will probably will have gone down in price.

mr stroke

Definitely RAGE. It's fantastic.

wait WTF?

out of the 253 games you bought on Steam you have only touched 64 games? LOL why keep buying more games?

I asked this in the community thread but it seems like everyone is hanging out here so...

Just picked up Arkham City in the Steam sales. I'm getting horrible chugging when I enter a new area and spin the camera around for the first time. After that, 60fps. Any ideas?

Koroviev

I'd be surprised if it wasn't Joe Molotov with the largest collection.

I didn't think I would be buying much this Steam sale, if it wasn't for the Flash and Vote deals I likely wouldn't have purchased any daily deals beyond that one indie pack I picked up.

Doesn't JaseC have 1000?

Piano

Banned
FUCK when did the Serious Sam 3 75% off coupon stop stacking with the sale price? Will it stack again once it's a daily?

Carlisle

Dear Esther and AssBro for me.

And that rounds out the last missing AC game for me, yet another series I own that I haven't played a minute of. Can't wait for 3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom