• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoku88

For anyone that's interested, PixelJunk Eden is $2.00. I always hear it come up in PS3 threads. Is it that good? What is it, anyway?

It's a good game. You basically swing around on these plant things and collect these floaty things that come from "enemies" in order to grow more plants. You do all of these things to collect these glowy things called spectra (5 in each level.)

The PS3 version had youtube support, so you could watch user uploaded videos, since I doubt my explanation made any sense.

clav

For those who picked up Cave Story, be sure to read through a walkthrough even though it may spoil the game.

There are some not-so-obvious decisions you make in the game that affect the story and require a complete replay through if you didn't know. Things like picking up an item will not let you do this that may be important later.

I thought that was very mean and borderline assholish as I basically wasted my time in getting possibly the worst "good" ending. After my first playthrough, I didn't want to play it again as I felt burned.

It goes back to the days that if you don't use/buy a strategy guide, you won't know everything about the game.

Damage so far:
Max Payne Bundle: $3.74
Star Wars: KOTOR: $2.49
Renegade Ops - Four Pack: $1.88
Borderlands GOTY: $7.49
Hitman Collection: $6.24
Fallout 3 GOTY: $4.99
Fallout NV:Ultimate: $9.99
Dead Space Pack: $9.98
Indie Bundle V: $9.99

Total: $56.79
Average price per game: $3.34
I didn't expect to spend this much. Sneaky bundles.
My wishlist is getting smaller. Yay!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Pixeljunk Eden is the best PSN-game. It's a masterpiece! Buy it!

Is rage worth the $10? how long is it anyway?

It's about the same length as most shooters, longer if you do a lot of races and side missions.

It's an OK game but one that does it's best to not be memorable or leave you thinking about after you beat it. Also one of the worst last 2 hours of game I've played all gen, boring and pointless.

LuffyZoro

So, just out of curiosity, who on GAF has the biggest Steam collection? I just passed 250 (currently at 253), which is a stupid amount. I've probably only ever booted up 10% of those.

Who else has a ridiculously large Steam collection?

Definitely RAGE. It's fantastic.

Mine just went past 300 games this sale.

Enco

It took me at least 3 hours each, but even being 2, it's really worth it. In my opinion it's even better than Heavy Rain, my game of the year so far, and unless they really screw up with the next 3, it can be one of the best games in the current gen.
Only two of the five chapters are released. People really like what has been released so far (from the impressions I've seen). That's all you can go on.
Thanks. I'll wait till the new vote and flash deals are up to see if anything else I want is there. If there's nothing, I'll pick it up and be done with the sale.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
'Work It - Walk a total of a hundred miles.'
'Cone Head - Stare at a stalagmite for five minutes.'
Dear Esther End game spoilers ->
This is madness - Wait for an hour after it goes black.

feel

Is Gemini Rue good? I like the look on the screenshots.

I'm interested in ,y"S" Oath, and have a slight interest in Audiosurf, Gemini Rue being decent would push me into buying the bundle.

Added a copy of bad rats to the cart lol

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
So I've taken on a bet with some of my friends that if Revelations 2012 goes on sale under $3, I'll buy a four pack for us and we'll play the game all the way through.

I'm just a sucker for punishment, aren't I? I recently re-bought Universial Studios: The Game since I hated that game as a kid and found it at a store for cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom