• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know if Quantum Conundrum has gone up for a flash or daily deal yet?

I think it lost a community vote. But it's on sale for 40% off on Amazon, and it's Steamworks. The community vote for that game was only 33% off, so Amazon has the better deal anyway.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0088TTJH0/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I got it for .99 cents during one of Microsofts sales and have only played like, 30 minutes.

Actually it was 10 cents (unless it was a different deal). But yeah, it was stupid cheap and I got that just to replace my disc version.

mr. grape

Anyone know if Quantum Conundrum has gone up for a flash or daily deal yet?

It hasn't, but greenmangaming have both the regular version and season pass discounted by 33% (even more if you have a 20% off voucher), and amazon has the game for $9 so might as well get them there if you can.

marrec

Banned
If you like Fable, then Fable III is well worth the current price. It's not as bad as everyone on GAF seems to think. People just got miffed off by the ending and the new menu system. It plays like Fable, has the humor of Fable, and is quite enjoyable.

Thanks that's just what I wanted to hear, bought the bundle.

And CaveStory+, and a few Bad Rats to mess with people.

iZicCuubVQ6nG.jpg
iJdhnu6oBWRBQ.gif

You monster

ShaneB

Looks like I'll be safe for today pending any flash deals. Think I'll just get the first FEAR game, and maybe double dip on Mirror's Edge if that wins.

I think it lost a community vote. But it's on sale for 40% off on Amazon, and it's Steamworks. The community vote for that game was only 33% off, so Amazon has the better deal anyway.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0088TTJH0/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Actually it was 10 cents (unless it was a different deal). But yeah, it was stupid cheap and I got that just to replace my disc version.

So since I'm a bit new to using Steam, the way I understand it is that if it has Steamworks, then buying it on Amazon is no different than buying it on Steam? I can still activate it on Steam and have exactly the same gaming experience as if I had bought it on Steam to begin with, and the only thing diferent is the retailer?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
So since I'm a bit new to using Steam, the way I understand it is that if it has Steamworks, then buying it on Amazon is no different than buying it on Steam? I can still activate it on Steam and have exactly the same gaming experience as if I had bought it on Steam to begin with, and the only thing diferent is the retailer?

Yes, you get a Steam product code to put in. Once you put that in, it will pop up with the installer just like you bought it through Steam.

I think Amazon has directions on how to do it when you view the game key, but it's really easy regardless (Add a game -> Activate a product on Steam).

marrec

Banned

Yes, I've done this multiple times.

mileS

LOL somebody said Dear Esther has "okay" graphics? I'll have what you're smoking please. Some of the best environment graphics out there.

blazeuk

Got Age of Empires 3 and both the expansions for like $0.10 from Games for Windows back when it was on sale, wish I could redeem it on Steam though, hahaha.

I almost bought AoE3 earlier (and was still questioning whether to buy it or not), you've just reminded me I already had it! Haha. I'd completely forgot about it since I never sign into GfwL.

Do F1 or Sins of a Solar Empire usually pop up during Steam sales? I've never really been on the lookout for either before but now I'm dying for a daily. Any other racing recommendations on Steam, at that?

This steam sale convinced me to finally order a 360 controller so I have a legit PC gamepad. Soon I will be able to play super meat boy and other stuff in full arcadey glory.

It's super worth it. It was an easy purchase for me as I have a 360 already. But in addition to the on normal wired controller that I already had, I actually just picked up one of those wired 360 fightpads from MadCatz (it was $20 during Evo). Works really well for games that work best with heavy d-pad usage, I use it tons with the big Sega Genesis PC pack that I just picked up.

zkylon

zkylewd
10$ for RAGE is not enough. 5 or bust!

Got Dear Esther though. I don't really care but at that price it's hard to bargain...

Mista Koo

^
If you're voting for ME try it a few more times.

this is like the third time i've seen someone mention Mirror's Edge DLC.

There is none. Not on the PC version.

edit: maybe im misinterpreting your post and you're saying that's the reason you wont get it
No you got it right.

People are misleading when they specifically say that the Steam version has no DLC. It made me assume another PC version has.

Your next step is to hook your computer to an HDTV and then kiss your console goodbye except for exclusives. Welcome the the Master Race!

I wish I could do this, but to do so I'd need to buy another room and another HDTV so the little lady could watch her Sex and the City reruns. Instead, gotta "settle" for Nvidia 3D Vision Surround at 5760x1080. Lots of ethnicities in the master race.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Do F1 or Sins of a Solar Empire usually pop up during Steam sales? I've never really been on the lookout for either before but now I'm dying for a daily. Any other racing recommendations on Steam, at that?

Sins got added to Steam after the last sale so it's hard to say, but Stardock is obviously a medium-sized publishing partner and they seem game to participate so I don't see any reason to think they'd be excluded

Age of Empires was the 10 cent deal, Viva Pinata was the $1 deal.

Salsa

pretty funny to see Iron Front not only as a daily but with that little of a discount considering it was recieved pretty damn badly

marrec

Banned

I've never seen Sins on sale on Steam, but miracles happen every day during the Summer Sale.

MNC

PSY・S;39935602 said:
Does anyone think E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy will actually be discounted further than -60%? It's already $3.99 and was part of an Indie Bundle (that I didn't want). I'm looking at E.Y.E, Hitman: BO, and Dear Esther for $8.97 right now.

LOL I read that as Hitman: Body Odeur.

Edit: Sins trinity was a daily deal before it was a special sale some time back. I'm just hoping Rebellion gets a (tiny) discount as well.

Sephon

• Borderlands - "Oh, love the game. Gotta double dip!" *buys*
  • Civilization 4 Pack - "Oh, loved the second game, gotta try this" *buys*
  • The Walking Dead - "Oh, people say it's a great deal and I love zombies" *buys*
  • Killing Floor Bundle - "Oh, people say it's a great deal" *buys*
  • Dear Esther - "Oh, it seems unique" *buys*
  • Red Faction Guerrilla - "Oh..." *buys*
  • Metro 2033 - "I don't like this game..." *buys*

I'm slowly starting to realize that I've got a problem, but not soon enough

Kaladin

Hopefully my final total (steam wallet is drained)

Assassin's Creed Pack = $34.99
Cities XL 2012 = $9.99
The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition = $15.99
Saints Row: The Third Franchise Pack = $24.99
Dead Island Complete = $16.99
The Walking Dead = $14.99
Eschalon: Book I = $2.49
Eschalon: Book II = $3.74
Total = $124.17

11 games with an average of $11.28 spent per game.

Owensboro

I wish I could do this, but to do so I'd need to buy another room and another HDTV so the little lady could watch her Sex and the City reruns. Instead, gotta "settle" for Nvidia 3D Vision Surround at 5760x1080. Lots of ethnicities in the master race.

All are welcome! ALL ARE WELCOME!

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I have Fear 3, Cave Story+ and Shogun 2 as flash sales, what's the other game? Is locked in my region.

A little random, my apologies.

But, could I get some predictions on how Dear Esther might run on a P4 3.2Ghz, 2GB RAM, with an Nvidia GT240 card?

I know, it's $2.50, just buy it and see, but I'd hate to buy it and not be able to play it, it looks amazing.

Salsa

I have Fear 3, Cave Story+ and Shogun 2 as flash sales, what's the other game? Is locked in my region.

for future reference: any time you wanna know this just enter "/?cc=us" at the end of the store.steampowered adress, like this:

store.steampowered.com/?cc=us

not like it isnt right there in the OP, but hey :p

baconcow

But, could I get some predictions on how Dear Esther might run on a P4 3.2Ghz, 2GB RAM, with an Nvidia GT240 card?

I know, it's $2.50, just buy it and see, but I'd hate to buy it and not be able to play it, it looks amazing.

Recommended Video Card:
Graphics:DirectX 9 compliant video card with Shader model 3.0 support. NVidia 8800, ATI Radeon 2900 pro or better (Pre-Sandybridge Intel graphic chipsets not supported).

Right from the Steam page. Your GT 240 is quite a bit ahead of the nVidia 8800.

chiablo

How well does Half Life 2 run on your machine?

Katoki

Is any of the Saints Row The Third DLC worth buying (while they're still on sale)?

Season pass if anything. All the DLC I've gotten is purely cosmetic and that one FUNTIME! Pack I haven't even touched the cannon truck yet. I did however get that Special Ops Vehicle pack or something while Tony was giving them out on the Amazon thread, that one is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom