• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

andthebeatgoeson

Age of Empires 3 any good? Or should I just play AOE online? I wish I could just get AOE2 and be done with it. Soo good.

BTW, I can't even get AOE online working thru Steam. I hit play on the main screen and nothing shows up.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Is Gemini Rue good? I like the look on the screenshots.

I'm interested in ,y"S" Oath, and have a slight interest in Audiosurf, Gemini Rue being decent would push me into buying the bundle.

Added a copy of bad rats to the cart lol

Gemini Rue is amazing. I recommend looking up some reviews and player opinions, both are glowing for the game.

I don't know how many here on GAF have played it (doesn't seem like much), but I can say the game is completely worth your time.

neoism

thnaks for setting my expectations low gaf... one quick FOV fix in Fear 3 and it's totally fun and looks decent.... I loved F1 but I didn't want something on my list I wouldn't install. Good buy Fear 3. I still need to change it to maybe 90 but campaign is fun so far.

Look how much game time I've put in since the sale started.
I played all the games I bought already at least a tad, here's my fav's so far.

qCd1a.png

Kaladin

What are the chances that Game of Thrones RPG goes on daily or flash sale this week? It's marked down 25% now....think that is the first discount it has received. If it hits $29.99 I think I might go for it.

gabbo

Age of Empires 3 any good? Or should I just play AOE online? I wish I could just get AOE2 and be done with it. Soo good.

BTW, I can't even get AOE online working thru Steam. I hit play on the main screen and nothing shows up.

It's a little different than AoE/AoK in that there are heros and 'capital cities' that provide bonuses. It's still worth playing if you're a fan of the series.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Bad Rats is 70% off guys. Grab it before this tremendous deal is over!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/34900/

Lol, imagine it as a flash/daily/or community vote lol.

Bad Rats - 99% off

It wins since the percentage off is highest, beating out ARMA 2 and quickly becoming Steam's top selling game.

What is with all the hate for the game? From the steam page, it looks like a basic puzzler; aesthetically it seems like a throwback to 90s game design. Is that the issue?

Owensboro

IF you like God of War. Don't believe the people who tell you it's Zelda.

You are crazy. It's like 5 different games that I don't want to type because it spoils the game mechanics and fun of going "Oh shit! This is exactly like [insert game]. It's like a bunch of guys got together and said "You know what, I really like [list of 5 games], lets make a mashup of all of them!"

Would it be fun for someone that has never played God Of War?

Lets put it this way: It's a Legend of Zelda game in structure (dungeons, get new items and use them to solve dungeons / beat bosses) and God of War-like in combat. Which is awesome because the combat is Zelda games has never really been it's high point. If you need another comparison point, the combat is a less technical Devil May Cry.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I change my mind about Binding of Isaac!! I actually do want it! Go back to 75% off pls? :(

I'm honestly thinking of buying a LOT of gift versions of games just for people who miss out on the cheaper deals. It pains me to see people miss out on great games. :(

What have I done!!!! ; _ ;

FEAR Complete Pack
Qube
Dead Space Pack
Saint Row: The Third Franchise Pack
Anno 2070 Pack
Frozen Synapse: Complete Pack
Plants vs. Zombies
Dead Island Complete
Lara Croft GOL
Indi Bundle Day Two
Half-Life Complete
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Assassin's Creed Pack-Deluxe
Blades of Time - Limited Edition
The Witcher 2
Cyan Complete Pack 2012
The Walking Dead
Trine 2 Collector's Edition
Back to the Future: The Game
Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb
Batman Complete Collection
Waves
Really Big Sky
Fractal
OddBoxx
Prince of Persia Complete Pack

/rehab

Ran rp

Does anyone think E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy will actually be discounted further than -60%? It's already $3.99 and was part of an Indie Bundle (that I didn't want). I'm looking at E.Y.E, Hitman: BO, and Dear Esther for $8.97 right now.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
This steam sale convinced me to finally order a 360 controller so I have a legit PC gamepad. Soon I will be able to play super meat boy and other stuff in full arcadey glory.

Mista Koo

Voted for Mirror's Edge ~4 times until it got through.

Which is funny since I won't get it, If I'm double dipping I'd want to get the DLC.

Helmholtz

I voted for Beyond Good and Evil. I've heard good things about it and wouldn't mind checking it out at some point.

By the way, to those looking to get into the AC series, AC2 is a great game and runs nice on the PC. I skipped the first game and was totally fine with AC2. I'm assuming Brotherhood is even better, I've yet to play it. But definitely buy AC2 and Brotherhood at those prices.
Was there a New Vegas Ultimate flash sale?
Yeah, last night.

Owensboro

This steam sale convinced me to finally order a 360 controller so I have a legit PC gamepad. Soon I will be able to play super meat boy and other stuff in full arcadey glory.

Your next step is to hook your computer to an HDTV and then kiss your console goodbye except for exclusives. Welcome the the Master Race!

Salsa

Voted for Mirror's Edge ~4 times until it got through.

Which is funny since I won't get it, If I'm double dipping I'd want to get the DLC.

this is like the third time i've seen someone mention Mirror's Edge DLC.

There is none. Not on the PC version.

edit: maybe im misinterpreting your post and you're saying that's the reason you wont get it

Man even at 75% off Fable 3 is too pricey.

FEAR 3 at $5 isn't bad as long as you don't expect a good FEAR game. As a decent COD clone with co-op and interesting mulitplayer modes that's a good price.

And I voted LC: Guardian of Light. Was playing it over the weekend as a healing salve to my Diablo 3 butthurt. Its a great game and I'd kill for a sequel/expansion/whatever.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Looks like no one likes AoE 3 here. The online player count is only 2k in the vanilla version, come on guys. :( Oh well, at least I convinced my friend to get it!

IF you like God of War. Don't believe the people who tell you it's Zelda.
Darksiders is absolutely like a zelda game in terms of level design, item progression and it's structure. The only thing God of war about it is the combat. Maybe if you only played a few hours you might not see the zelda similarities, but they are there.

feel

Gemini Rue is amazing. I recommend looking up some reviews and player opinions, both are glowing for the game.

I don't know how many here on GAF have played it (doesn't seem like much), but I can say the game is completely worth your time.
Thanks that's just what I wanted to hear, bought the bundle.

And CaveStory+, and a few Bad Rats to mess with people.

iZicCuubVQ6nG.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom