• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herb

Banned
*Big list*

Damn. :( I really need to slow down.

Not sure how you decide which to install, unless you install them all... In which case that's sensory overload. I have 10 games installed from the sales and even that's too much, I've been uninstalling a few so I can keep focused on 2 or 3 at most. Plus, gotta read Gaf. :(

Lothars

Thats what they all say.... until they crack!

Thank god I haven't gone crazy yet:

SF4:AE
Vessel
The walking Dead
Blinding DLC
Mine's close to yours I bought the SF4:AE costumes and Binding DLC but I will buy Walking Dead if it goes back on sale and there's a couple other things I want.

What extra stuff includes Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Deluxe?
I'm only interested on Single Player stuff, and can't find any info on the diference between this and the regular version.

So I bought "Dear Esther" I still have no clue what it is, even after watching the trailer on Steam.

Looks like a camera panning across a desolate, cloudy island, rendered with a neat graphic engine, eh...$2.50 hope it was worth it.

tommijey

Neo Member
What extra stuff includes Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Deluxe?
I'm only interested on Single Player stuff, and can't find any info on the diference between this and the regular version.

copy-pasted from Steam

Exclusive Single-Player Maps: The Trajan Market & The Aqueduct
Multiplayer Characters:
The Officer - Death's Finest Ally: Few have seen him. Even fewer have lived to tell about it. Fear is his friend, and Death is his ally.
The Harlequin - The Walking Nightmare: Behind the gaudy costume and twisted smile lies the soul of a merciless Assassin.

1 Ezio Skin - Helmschmied Drachen Armor: Fashioned by the Helmschmied Armory in 1489, only a few sets were completed due to the weight of the metal. Very few men proved strong enough to wear it.

The Original Codex Written by Altaïr: Take a closer look at the history of the Assassins and art of Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood.
Multiplayer Characters Collectible Trading Cards: A set of trading cards featuring all the characters of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Multiplayer, including their kill moves and biographies.
Map of Rome
Assassin’s Creed Lineage - The Complete Movie: Explore the events that revolve around Ezio’s father, Giovanni Auditore da Firenze, and gain insight on the Assassin’s Creed story and universe.
Making-Of Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood - Behind the Brotherhood: Go behind the scenes with the development team to learn about how the game was made and Ezio’s continuing story.
Game Soundtrack: 22 songs from the original game soundtrack by Jesper Kyd.
Digital Premium Edition content is only available via download

Cheddahz

Banned
My friend bought me Saint's Row The Third and I ended up buying both the Gangsta's In Space and Bloodsucker DLC Packs, oh and I ended up buying Dear Esther for the lady friend

Bulzeeb

Thats what they all say.... until they crack!

Thank god I haven't gone crazy yet:

SF4:AE
Vessel
The walking Dead
Blinding DLC

Trine 2 and Alan wake complete, I've been able to resist most games like batman complete pack, sam and max pack, just because I remember that I get paid the last day of the month and there are still 15 days to go =/

copy-pasted from Steam

Exclusive Single-Player Maps: The Trajan Market & The Aqueduct
Multiplayer Characters:
The Officer - Death's Finest Ally: Few have seen him. Even fewer have lived to tell about it. Fear is his friend, and Death is his ally.
The Harlequin - The Walking Nightmare: Behind the gaudy costume and twisted smile lies the soul of a merciless Assassin.

1 Ezio Skin - Helmschmied Drachen Armor: Fashioned by the Helmschmied Armory in 1489, only a few sets were completed due to the weight of the metal. Very few men proved strong enough to wear it.

The Original Codex Written by Altaïr: Take a closer look at the history of the Assassins and art of Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood.
Multiplayer Characters Collectible Trading Cards: A set of trading cards featuring all the characters of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Multiplayer, including their kill moves and biographies.
Map of Rome
Assassin’s Creed Lineage - The Complete Movie: Explore the events that revolve around Ezio’s father, Giovanni Auditore da Firenze, and gain insight on the Assassin’s Creed story and universe.
Making-Of Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood - Behind the Brotherhood: Go behind the scenes with the development team to learn about how the game was made and Ezio’s continuing story.
Game Soundtrack: 22 songs from the original game soundtrack by Jesper Kyd.
Digital Premium Edition content is only available via download
Mmm thank you... still on the fence.

Lain

just buy 2. It's the best of them all and if you like it you can get the other ones by winter.

Avoid 1, it's an awful game and it has barely anything to do with the game's story moving forward

That's pretty convincing. Ended up dropping everything else except Ass Creed 2 and pick Red Faction guerrilla.

Bentendo

Steam and Amazon sale damage:

-Alice
-Assassin's Creed II
-Batman: Arkham City
-Binary Domain
-The Binding of Isaac
-BioShock
-BioShock 2
-Borderlands
-Darksiders
-Dead Island
-Dwarfs!?
-The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
-Frozen Synapse
-Legend of Grimrock
-Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes
-Orcs Must Die!
-Portal
-Prince of Persia Complete
-Red Faction: Guerrilla
-Renegade Ops
-Saints Row: The Third
-Tomb Raider: Anniversary
-Trine 2
-Warhammer 40,00 Space Marines
-The Witcher 2

CRS

Not sure how you decide which to install, unless you install them all... In which case that's sensory overload. I have 10 games installed from the sales and even that's too much, I've been uninstalling a few so I can keep focused on 2 or 3 at most. Plus, gotta read Gaf. :(

I'm just going through the games a couple at a time. Going through Pixeljunk Eden right now and trying to download Sonic Generations. I'm going through the smaller games. Quicker to finish and actually download.

This is my first Steam sale and it'll be my only one until next year's summer. Don't think I'm going to have any extra money for the winter sale so that's why I'm being so careless.

Gala

Id 5 (RAGE's engine) is built specifically for amazing visuals and smooth framerates on even the most basic of systems.

This of course is accomplished by "tricks" such as textures that are meant to be seen from afar (low res when you get close to them).

You'll run it perfectly

Thanks Salsa! Guess I will buy it then. I heard the wildest horror stories before about the game running like shit.

Deus Ex Collection
Portal 2
Terraria
Rayman Origins
PixelJunk Eden + Soundtrack
Hard Reset: Extended edition
Trine
Trine 2 Collector's Edition
Darksiders
Sanctum: Collection
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Sonic Generations
Binding of Isaac Bundle (Summer 2012)
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
Assassin's Creed Pack - Deluxe
Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Five
FEAR Complete Pack (ROW)
Cave Story+
Dead Space Pack
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate
Prince of Persia Complete Pack
The Walking Dead
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Tomb Raider: Legend
Darkness II (ROW)
Magicka Complete Pack (June 2012)
Frozen Synapse: Complete Pack
Batman 1 and 2 and Gotham City Impostors Bundle
Orcs Must Die + Artifacts of Power and Lost Adventures
Borderlands GOTY
Alice Madness Returns
Alan Wake Bundle (Summer 2012)

Damn. :( I really need to slow down.

I assume you haven't got any kids.

hiryu

Anyone else getting 0 bytes/ sec on Steam when trying to download a game. It will go good for a little while and then go down to 0 for a long time. Does it on server I pick. My internet is working fine.

daebo

Figured I'd ask here since everybody is in this thread...

Trying to take a screenshot for the badge... and it's not letting me. I've taken screen shots in the past... and I know how to change the settings... I still have it as F12. I've tried in a different couple games but it's not letting me.

anybody know why?

Figured I'd ask here since everybody is in this thread...

Trying to take a screenshot for the badge... and it's not letting me. I've taken screen shots in the past... and I know how to change the settings... I still have it as F12. I've tried in a different couple games but it's not letting me.

anybody know why?

You have to "publish" the screenshots you have taken.

Beth Cyra

Got to say, I'm pretty much set as far as the sale goes. Granted there are a few other little things I wouldn't mind but at this point I'm pretty happy with the haul.

Sonic Gen
Ass Creed Rev
Trine 1+2
Fear Complete

So like 8 games in total. Not bad for only around 35 dollars.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
8 more minuuuuuutes! :_:

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I've picked up a few smaller titles: From Dust, Qube, Trine 2, and Clash of Heroes. Sold off my console copy of SSFIV and got the AE version on Steam. And picked up the Napoleon DLC for Warband.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom