• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurudyne

Looking forward to some beautiful ME action on my new comp. Whenever I get around to getting it. Graphicsgraphicsartdirectionomgsobeautiful

Too many people never even heard of BG&E while everyone and their mothers know about ME :_:

Isn't BG&E supposed to be a notoriously bad PC port? Everytime I hear about it on PC, people bring that up in the first three posts.

bigace33

Boo whoever voted Mirrors Edge. The game has been free multiple times. EA just recently sent out emails for free copies not even a month ago.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Whatever, you know what Steam? Fuck off, I'll just buy both Mirror's Edge and BG&E now instead!

Look what you made me do Steam-community!

Smash88

Banned
Mirror's Edge was the better game out of those 3.

Whatever, you know what Steam? Fuck off, I'll just buy both Mirror's Edge and BG&E now instead!

Look what you made me do Steam-community!

Exactly what he wanted.

TkyYt.gif

JCV

Unconfirmed Member
Hi all.

Don't know if it's the right place to ask, but i'll ask anyway:

1. Is Red Faction Guerilla worth buying? I'm a big fan of Just Cause 2 and of blowing stuff up.
2. The Ys games are on sale. Are they fun? Also, should I play one before the other (Origin before Oath)?

Thanks a lot ! :)

Maybe you guys who care so much should already have BG&E -_-

I already had all three games but voted for Mirror's Edge because that's the one I would have wanted.

Alright so can someone describe the gameplay of Mirror's Edge? Is there a lot of fighting, or is it mostly about avoiding stuff and getting away?

The art style kind of remind me of the game Out of this World from decades ago, but I imagine the gameplay is totally different. But basically, for someone who hates FPSes and most other types of first person games, is there any chance of liking this?

Thinking about impulse buying this... Can anybody sell this game's concept to me, please? The price shouldn't be a problem.

Yeah no one said anything about it, and I already impulse purchased it....doesn't sound like GAF likes this game or even if anyone here has played it yet.

oh well, I have to be honest, I don't have the time to play it anytime soon, I didn't even download it, otherwise I would've given you my impressions.

And, damn at Mirror's Edge winning over BG&E! I wanted that game! it was gonna be my purcahse of the day :(

Hi all.

Don't know if it's the right place to ask, but i'll ask anyway:

1. Is Red Faction Guerilla worth buying? I'm a big fan of Just Cause 2 and of blowing stuff up.
2. The Ys games are on sale. Are they fun? Also, should I play one before the other (Origin before Oath)?

Thanks a lot ! :)

Learn to read the pages behind this one, there are volumes on both your answers.

Sorry to be up front it's just crazy how many repeat questions are happening in here.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
@Yoshi

You asked earlier and no one responded so... yes there are other horror games on steam:

Penumbra
Lone Survivor
Amnesia
Dead Space 1 + 2
Fear 1 + 2 + 3

Not quite horror but similar:
Metro 2033
Stalker
Arma II (Day Z mod) <-- this isn't quite horror, but tense as fuck.

There are HL2/Amnesia mods as well. One notable Half-life mod is called Cry of Fear.
Thanks a lot! I've already played most of those and I bought Metro today! I'll check Lone Survivor out though, and I will definitely buy Arma II once it's on mega-sale. Let's hope!

Ugh, shit. Does anyone want Magicka: The Stars are Left? The key registers on Steam but you need a GamersGate account to redeem it. (I want to officially gift it and get it out of my account.)

Either add me as a buddy or send me a message on GG with your e-mail address or something. http://www.gamersgate.com/profile/honorless First person wins, I feel like a huge dumbass for unintentionally double-dipping and want to get rid of it ASAP.

Would be interested :)

badbrains

Off topic but has anyone ever had a mouse stuttering issue in Fallout NV? It was running perfectly for the first 2=3 hours, then it became unplayable. The mouse wouldn't move while playing, but when I pressed escape to access settings it worked with less problems.

I alt+tabbed out and I'm sure it has to do with the game, LoL and other steam games aren't giving me this issue. Drivers are up to date as well.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Oh, it does? What's wrong with it?
Lots. Last time I played it, it didn't support standard PC resolutions and distorted the ever-loving hell out of the image; Controller support is spotty; weird texture and framrate issue abound. I'm sure others will fill in the stuff I'm missing here.

It's a product of an era where ports were far, far worse than what we even consider a bare-bones sloppy port today.

Avoiding stuff and gettin away.

And jumping. LOT of jumping.

Found a gameplay video on youtube. Looks like it could be pretty cool, but maybe I'll just pass, really can't stand the first person perspective, seems like it would have been amazing with a third person, top down, or isometric perspective.

Yoshichan

I want to play STALKER but I'm afraid of how much modding/patching I need to do before it gets playable... heard so much negativity about it, but at the same time, people are praising the shit out of it because of its atmosphere.

bigace33

Wow, really? That doesn't sound like EA.

Yeah, they offered me DAO, Mirrors Edge, Dead Space, or Spore. Before that They had a thing where you could get free Recycle bank points and put them to the purchase of Mirrors Edge which made it free. It's been $4.99 forever on Origin as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom