• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
My gtx 260 i7 920 runs the latest games pretty well and BGE runs horribly. Once you get your watercraft vehicle your framerate will dip down into the 20'2/teens. I don't think it supports true widescreen either, and instead letterboxes.

Well like I said earlier, the voices are completely out of sync with the characters (especially if your CPU has more than one core), and the delay is kind of huge too (a good 4-5 seconds in my case). So yeah, it breaks the immersion sort of.
There are suggested fixes on the forums, but they don't work for everyone.

I see, well those are enough bulletpoints for me to steer clear, even if it was at a measly $2.50.

It's too bad to hear this, I've played the game on console back in the day (the first two hours) and it was such a fun game. Why isn't there a publisher or whatever out there that isn't optimizing this game for current machines?

bigace33

That sentence doesn't make sense.

It's not in the options and there are a thousand posts on their forums complaining about it a quick google search shows.

Also if you try and use a third party application like x padder to invert it overrides it :/

What kind of controller are you using? It has full support for the 360 pad so why would you need Xpadder? I'm using my dual shock as a 360 pad and it controls perfect, at least by this games standards.

feel

Hell yes, my 680 SLI is ready, bring it!!

itMGZat5xWAYg.gif

Fuck everyone who voted for mirrors edge. Ridiculous
Yeah.. what?

Salsa

That sentence doesn't make sense.

It's not in the options and there are a thousand posts on their forums complaining about it a quick google search shows.

Also if you try and use a third party application like x padder to invert it overrides it :/

Edited, im on my Damn phone.

Thats just weird tho, I wonder if i just got used to it Damn quick

What kind of controller are you using? It has full support for the 360 pad so why would you need Xpadder? I'm using my dual shock as a 360 pad and it controls perfect, at least by this games standards.

I have a 360 controller. It works fine, I just can't invert it. If you use a program to invert it, the game ignores it.

looks like you have to use a 3rd party program to invert the mouse.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2683131

Invert mouse? Gross bro. Talkin' 'bout controllers.

Looking for the same answers...anyone?
Fear 3 yes. Not sure about Fear 2. But Fear 1 definitely doesn't.

Fear 3 is a decent co-op shooter, with a crappy story, seemingly random progression of levels, but nice co-op and multiplayer. Worth $5 for the that - just pretend its not a fear game.

graywolf323

isn't Dead Rising 2: Off the Record only $20 MSRP on both PSN and XBL?

edit: yep it is, screw you Capcom for charging twice as much on Steam so at 75% off it's really only 50% off

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Voted Deus Ex!

bump:
Yeah the complete mod is an actual installer, easy as pie, download and use the installer.
Is it an official mod? Can you link it so I don't have to go through a lot of viruses and other crap :3? So it shouldn't be harder than a regular 1. Install game 2. Install mod 3. Play game, right?

For those of you who haven't played ME before, I guess the first time it is going to be fun, I am not gonna lie, but I just think it's a bit of a disposable game that loses it's novelty pretty quick.

It's very pretty to look at at times, it's got it's moments, but by the time you are at the last or even the second last level, you just want to wrap it p and never look back.

Eh, to each is own.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
So you guys are saying I should start Ys Oath first and then move on to Origin? Oath came out first right?

Salsa

I have a 360 controller. It works fine, I just can't invert it. If you use a program to invert it, the game ignores it.

Oh wait now I remember. I didn't have any issues because you dont control the camera. Just take it like using a pointer.

Worst case scenario the kbm control are totally fine

So I ended up actually taking advantage of that Gamestop 30% extra credit for trade-ins to Steam wallet. Just dumped a bunch of junky old 360 games that were not worth selling / trading online and got $20 more for the sale (along with Etrian Odyssey III which just happened to be chilling in the used rack at Gamestop).

With that wallet cash in I'm actually checking out AC: Brotherhood. I liked ACII well enough, but in general I have to many games to play that I try to avoid fairly direct sequels. But I'm just a sucker for games will a really good sense of history. I feel like I'm ok without any more Assassin's Creed gameplay, but I really want to muck around in Rome, see the city in nice PC res and all that. I'm actually glad that the daily deals carry over into the next day, I think I'll hold off on Brotherhood and check out what the next set of dailies is first.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Knowing Skyrims popularity, it's going to slaughter everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom