• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

biocat

What's the consensus on AOE3? I've only played the first one a long time ago. Is this one more sim than RTS. Hint: I am hoping it is.

Hey guys: The BG&E port sucks. Chill.

Quoted for truth. The voices are out of sync.

Ok well I don't feel too bad about it now I guess....

So will it really hinder my gaming experience? I am kind of a PC gamer that bitches about The Walking Dead's Ep 2's little jerks and jitters on characters here and there.

I have a decent rig, that plays the latest blockbuster games (Skyrims, BF3s , Batman A City's etc.) pretty well. Is BG&E gonna be a problem? is it that bad? I really wanna play this damn game!

Also, would we see it for >$5 on Steam again this week?

Too many questions, I know...

Grinchy

Banned
I want to play STALKER but I'm afraid of how much modding/patching I need to do before it gets playable... heard so much negativity about it, but at the same time, people are praising the shit out of it because of its atmosphere.

I just installed the "complete" mod for it and it played fine to me. Forcing myself to play through some of the boredom, now that's a different issue.

Koroviev

Lots. Last time I played it, it didn't support standard PC resolutions and distorted the ever-loving hell out of the image; Controller support is spotty; weird texture and framrate issue abound. I'm sure others will fill in the stuff I'm missing here.

It's a product of an era where ports were far, far worse than what we even consider a bare-bones sloppy port today.

Okay, thanks for the heads-up. Definitely won't bother with it.

Found a gameplay video on youtube. Looks like it could be pretty cool, but maybe I'll just pass, really can't stand the first person perspective, seems like it would have been amazing with a third person, top down, or isometric perspective.

I really enjoyed the game. You should give it a try, jumping long distances in first person while youre running was kinda "new" for me when I played it and Ioved it!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

So will it really hinder my gaming experience? I am kind of a PC gamer that bitches about The Walking Dead's Ep 2's little jerks and jitters on characters here and there.

I have a decent rig, that plays the latest blockbuster games (Skyrims, BF3s , Batman A City's etc.) pretty well. Is BG&E gonna be a problem? is it that bad? I really wanna play this damn game!

Would love answers to all of these as-well :lol

I want to play STALKER but I'm afraid of how much modding/patching I need to do before it gets playable... heard so much negativity about it, but at the same time, people are praising the shit out of it because of its atmosphere.

Yeah the complete mod is an actual installer, easy as pie, download and use the installer.

Exuro

My gtx 260 i7 920 runs the latest games pretty well and BGE runs horribly. Once you get your watercraft vehicle your framerate will dip down into the 20'2/teens. I don't think it supports true widescreen either, and instead letterboxes.

Nabs

Mirror's Edge is pretty damn good. I'm glad it won.

It's playable with both KB/M and Controller. Pick any one and have fun.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yeah the complete mod is an actual installer, easy as pie, download and use the installer.
Is it an official mod? Can you link it so I don't have to go through a lot of viruses and other crap :3? So it shouldn't be harder than a regular 1. Install game 2. Install mod 3. Play game, right?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hey guys: The BG&E port sucks. Chill.

It's also frequently on sale for comparably low prices and, ya know, they gave it away with cheese strings a while ago.

But BG&E would have been a great candidate for a makeover like Rune or Psychonauts where the team goes back, does a few hours work fixing up some stuff, and adds Steamworks features.

Salsa

Mega-sigh, looks like I'll have to restart New Vegas...

...if/when I ever get around to it.

You could find a similar build and completion rate on a savefile at least. I know its not the same at all but yeah. There probable has to be a trainer to create a character by now right? Try that

JCV

Unconfirmed Member

Well like I said earlier, the voices are completely out of sync with the characters (especially if your CPU has more than one core), and the delay is kind of huge too (a good 4-5 seconds in my case). So yeah, it breaks the immersion sort of.
There are suggested fixes on the forums, but they don't work for everyone.

Yoshichan

Ys origin vs Oath, which should i get?
Everyone is recommending Oath but I've started on Origin and I'm currently loving the shit out of it. People say it's better to start with Oath though!

Tess3ract

Banned
Alright so can someone describe the gameplay of Mirror's Edge? Is there a lot of fighting, or is it mostly about avoiding stuff and getting away?

The art style kind of remind me of the game Out of this World from decades ago, but I imagine the gameplay is totally different. But basically, for someone who hates FPSes and most other types of first person games, is there any chance of liking this?
Yes, it's first person but it's only because it makes it more immersive.

You could find a similar build and completion rate on a savefile at least. I know its not the same at all but yeah. There probable has to be a trainer to create a character by now right? Try that

Too much effort! The internet led me to believe all I had to do was extract the save game with Modio and rename it.

I'd rather spend 30 hours to catch up to where I was!

Or just finish it on 360 and forget I bought it on Steam :X

Akey

Banned
I saw some before but I can't find any now, are there any lists of all the games that have been on sale so far (including their prices?)

Not going to link but slickdeals forums has a nice write up with all previous and current sales going on to show past sales.

Katoki

The only memory of Mirror's Edge I have is of me running up stairs away from people with guns. Needless to say I didn't know what I was doing and died a lot.

I don't even remember if it was a demo.

I always do that will I played it without issues so im sure it was there somewhere?

That sentence doesn't make sense.

It's not in the options and there are a thousand posts on their forums complaining about it a quick google search shows.

Also if you try and use a third party application like x padder to invert it overrides it :/

somato

Yeah, they offered me DAO, Mirrors Edge, Dead Space, or Spore. Before that They had a thing where you could get free Recycle bank points and put them to the purchase of Mirrors Edge which made it free. It's been $4.99 forever on Origin as well.

Whaa... I see it as $19.99 on Origin right now. The DLC is $4.99, are you sure you're not getting them confused?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom