• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

Not joking, the campaign was one hell of a ride. There were some really heavy moments. MAJOR SPOILER
It was sad when the guy with the faux hawk died.

Haven't fucked with the competitive multiplayer much but I've had a lot of fun with Spec Ops survival.

bigace33

Not joking, the campaign was one hell of a ride. There were some really heavy moments. MAJOR SPOILER
It was sad when the guy with the faux hawk died.

Haven't fucked with the competitive multiplayer yet but I've had a lot of fun with Spec Ops survival.

I agree, I had the most fun with the campaign in MW3 than any of the others.

DeVeAn

Safe to buy the Ys games now or could they go cheaper before the end of the sale? $5 is not a whole lot I know just wondering.

According to the Steam store pages F.E.A.R 3 has controller support whilst F.E.A.R 2 does not. I haven't tried to play with a controller though, so I can't answer from experience.

F.E.A.R 3 is a mediocre shooter, and a poor F.E.A.R game. It offers decent core shooting mechanics amidst decent though repetitive environments. It's a shooting gallery, since the storyline is near non-existent and constant in-game achievement pop-ups and the co-op focus of the game break any of the weak attempts at horror.

Don't go in expecting anything similar to the original, or even the sequel; F.E.A.R 3 is a soulless cash-in.
Didn't play myself yet, but after you finish the main storyline you unlock a new one with a new character that does offer unique stuff. Jarosh talked about it here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39936056&postcount=172

From what I understand, Off The Record is not particularly worthwhile if you already have Dead Rising 2, but it's the better version if you don't have DR2.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Steam sales made GAF 500 - Internal Server Error? :3

Steam and Amazon Haul:

Skyrim (gifting)
Binary Domain
Trine 2
Spec Ops: The Line
Indie Bundle 1,2,4,5
Borderlands
Fallout NV
Sam and Max Collection
X3 Collection
Alan Wake AN
Splinter Cell CT( that co-op)
Terraria 4 pack
Dear Esther
From Dust
Frozen Synapse
Hitman Collection
Indie Game: The Movie
Laura Croft: GOL
Payday: The Heist
Red Faction: Armageddon
Rock of Ages
Serious Sam 3
Binding of Isaac
Alice: MR

Not even gonna mention the shit I've bought for trading and gifting.

Rikkun

Guys do you know if the Off The Record co-op is broken as in DR2?
I always had problems joining my friends and so on (on 360).

Koroviev

Steam and Amazon Haul:

Skyrim (gifting)
Binary Domain
Trine 2
Spec Ops: The Line
Indie Bundle 1,2,4,5
Borderlands
Fallout NV
Sam and Max Collection
X3 Collection
Alan Wake AN
Splinter Cell CT( that co-op)
Terraria 4 pack
Dear Esther
From Dust
Frozen Synapse
Hitman Collection
Indie Game: The Movie
Laura Croft: GOL
Payday: The Heist
Red Faction: Armageddon
Rock of Ages
Serious Sam 3
Binding of Isaac
Alice: MR

Not even gonna mention the shit I've bought for trading and gifting.

You should mention what you have for selling, if anything.

Nabs

Safe to buy the Ys games now or could they go cheaper before the end of the sale? $5 is not a whole lot I know just wondering.

Oath doesn't seem to budging from its $5.09 price. But Origins get $7 over the weekend in a flash deal. So I'd at least grab Oath now and wait to see if Origins goes on flash again.

kuYuri

Don't vote for Modern Warfare 3 or Skyrim, I mean, they've already been on sale for 50% off. Vote for Deus Ex or something.

Dmax3901

So I really want Gemini Rue and Ys: Oath to Felghana, but I already own Audiosurf and the not interested in the other two in Indie Bundle 5...

But then Gemini is not on sale at all...

Should I just get Ys for 5 bucks and move on?

Levyne

Banned
Don't vote for Modern Warfare 3 or Skyrim, I mean, they've already been on sale for 50% off. Vote for Deus Ex or something.

Deus Ex has already been on sale too, but just as a flash iirc. It deserves another sale the most since it hasn't been a daily but Skyrim is going to win despite having already been a daily.

BioHazard

By that logic you shouldn't vote for Deus Ex either. It's seriously been on sale like 4 or 5 (more if you count other sites) times in, like, the past two months.

Go MW3!

Sadist

Sweet, just the game I was hoping for. With Dead Rising 2 OTR I'm done. Can't think of something else I want at this point :)

Edit: Does DR2 OTR use GFWL btw?

You should mention what you have for selling, if anything.

This is pretty much what I have for sell/trade. About the last1/3 of this was bought from this sale.

Deus Ex
Trine
Arcania & Gothic Bundle
Monkey Island Bundle
Mount & Blade Collection
Dead Space 2
Sniper Elite
Bastion (2 Copies)
Portal 2
Commandos Collection
Rayman Origins
Bejeweled 3
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Penny Arcade Adventures: Precipice of Darkness Combo Pack
Aliens vs. Predator (2 Copies)
L.A. Noire
Space Marine
Terraria (3 Copies)
Legend of Grimrock
Trine 2
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Indie Bundle I
Alan Wake Franchise
Alice: Madness Returns
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Plants vs. Zombies GOTY Edition
Magicka
Vessel

Man Capcom is the master of avoiding the sub $10 price. Might be worth it for OTR, but that's not really my type of game. Still really hoping for $5 DMC4 or RE5 this sale.

DeVeAn

Oath doesn't seem to budging from its $5.09 price. But Origins get $7 over the weekend in a flash deal. So I'd at least grab Oath now and wait to see if Origins goes on flash again.

Thanks!

I was about to get cave story for $2.49 and bam changed to $5.99 missed it by seconds lol.

Lain

Which game should I vote for?
I own Deus EX: HR, not interested in Skyrim until it's a 75% deal (yes, I'm ready to wait a long while for it) and I'm not particularly interested in CoD: MW3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom