• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reikon

By that logic you shouldn't vote for Deus Ex either. It's seriously been on sale like 4 or 5 (more if you count other sites) times in, like, the past two months.

Go MW3!

Skyrim and MW3 have been on sale on the dailies at those prices already. Might as well vote for the one that hasn't gotten a daily.

Alex

I like DR but OTR sounds like a halfassed mod of DR2 to me, sounds like the campaign barely changes and comes across as fairly jank because of lack of new assets and dialogue?

I still kinda want it, but maybe next sale, I've spent nearly 200 between this and amazon

Kerub

Banned
Sell me on Mirror's Edge Gaf.

mirrorsedge200901262114.jpg

It's purrrdy

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I played dead rising and always enjoyed. I played the pre-dead rising 2 XBLA game and really enjoyed it.

However, this doesn't have the biker dude. I kinda want to know what happens to his story. I know the game is pretty much the same (and the better one), but...

I wonder if I could just watch the cutscenes on youtube for regular dead rising 2 and get the same experience..

Are the games identical?

Pyccko

So guys, say I always wanted to play Fable 2, but never had the means. Is Fable 3 worth it? Also, are there any problems with the PC port I should know about?

Koroviev

This is pretty much what I have for sell/trade. About the last1/3 of this was bought from this sale.

Deus Ex
Trine
Arcania & Gothic Bundle
Monkey Island Bundle
Mount & Blade Collection
Dead Space 2
Sniper Elite
Bastion (2 Copies)
Portal 2
Commandos Collection
Rayman Origins
Bejeweled 3
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Penny Arcade Adventures: Precipice of Darkness Combo Pack
Aliens vs. Predator (2 Copies)
L.A. Noire
Space Marine
Terraria (3 Copies)
Legend of Grimrock
Trine 2
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Indie Bundle I
Alan Wake Franchise
Alice: Madness Returns
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Plants vs. Zombies GOTY Edition
Magicka
Vessel

Sent you a message.

Retne

Man starting the day off taking a hit right in the wallet for $20. Knocked a couple games off the wishlist though. Sadly I won't even be able to finish downloading the games before I have to head to work.

Kerub

Banned
So guys, say I always wanted to play Fable 2, but never had the means. Is Fable 3 worth it? Also, are there any problems with the PC port I should know about?

It had framerate problems when it launched, those might be fixed now though.

Aside from the technical stuff, I liked Fable 2 a lot more than 3. Fable 3 art style just didn't click with me and I didn't like the strategy parts.

Sadist

DR 2 OTR has a slightly different story, a few extra's.

I like the game a lot though, so for 7,50 I'll gladly replay it with Frank.

Sorry if this has been asked many times but this thread goes crazy.

If skyrim wins the community vote at 50% off is it 50% off the original $59.99 price making it ~$30, which it has already been?

volturnus

Banned
Don't vote for Modern Warfare 3 or Skyrim, I mean, they've already been on sale for 50% off. Vote for Deus Ex or something.
I don't see any reason to vote at all. It's as much a choice as in BioWare games, since almost every option so far either was a daily/flash deal or became one later.

RoadDogg

Hopefully BG&E shows up again as a daily deal at that price, I really wanted to get it. I would pick up ME if it came with the DLC (that you can't even get on Steam for some stupid reason). I already beat it on consoles but would love to check out the crazy DLC levels.

1-D_FTW

Sorry if this has been asked many times but this thread goes crazy.

If skyrim wins the community vote at 50% off is it 50% off the original $59.99 price making it ~$30, which it has already been?

Yes. Although all three of those games have already been on sale, so it's not the only one doing a second chance.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Mirror's Edge is the shit, and everyone here should buy it if they don't already own it.

And the haters can suck it.

Koroviev

Hopefully BG&E shows up again as a daily deal at that price, I really wanted to get it. I would pick up ME if it came with the DLC (that you can't even get on Steam for some stupid reason). I already beat it on consoles but would love to check out the crazy DLC levels.

Apparently BGE is not the HD port, but a port of the original, i.e., it's garbage.

Yes. Although all three of those games have already been on sale, so it's not the only one doing a second chance.

Thanks. Yeah I realize this. I just singled out Skyrim as its on my wishlist but I wont be playing it for a fair while so I dont see the point in paying $30 at the moment, even though its probably easily worth it.

Thanks to previous posters who answered also.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I don't care what I vote for next time. Someone can easily influence me.

inky

I don't see any reason to vote at all. It's as much a choice as in BioWare games, since almost every option so far either was a daily/flash deal or became one later.

That's how democracy works. I voted for president in my country a couple of weeks ago and it felt the same way :p

MW3 is going to win anyways. Seems like the most popular choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom