• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prophane33

Anyone think the older CoD games will go higher than 25% off? I'd love to pick up CoD4 and/or WaW, but 14.99 is still above my price range, especially for 4+ year old games.

wilflare

if anyone needs help
(including Mirror Edge this time since it's 4.99USD)
EDIT: no ME is cheapest in AU for USD2.49!

PM me your
(1) Game
(2) Link to Game
(3) Steam Email

I'm back in school so can't get on the client!

RoadDogg

Apparently BGE is not the HD port, but a port of the original, i.e., it's garbage.

Garbage = broken and unplayable? I bought and beat it for the Xbox when it first came out and just want to replay it, I just don't want to dig out my old xbox to do so. I rather spend $2.50 to do so then $9.99.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Anyone think the older CoD games will go higher than 25% off? I'd love to pick up CoD4 and/or WaW, but 14.99 is still above my price range, especially for 4+ year old games.

We're lucky if they even go to 50% off. The highest I've ever seen was 75% off MW2 on Amazon. Still have no clue how Tony managed to pull that off.

Mirror's Edge is probably the most polarizing game I've ever played, personally. Simultaneously one of the best games I've ever played and one of the worst.

Katoki

So there's that one time service gesture refund that Steam does and I have it on Two Worlds II because of it's DRM. Should I do it or save it for when I mess something else up really badly?

Two Worlds II is only $10 and all that but holy shit at the DRM. Thing is that I can't be bothered to make an account on their forum to find that one guy to do it manually and all that. I can't get through their online server activation at all.

This thread regarding DRM: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2637932

Koroviev

How bad are we talking here? I'd like to pick it up too since I lost my disc copy ages ago. Is there a place I can grab the HD version from?

From another poster:

Lots. Last time I played it, it didn't support standard PC resolutions and distorted the ever-loving hell out of the image; Controller support is spotty; weird texture and framrate issue abound. I'm sure others will fill in the stuff I'm missing here.

It's a product of an era where ports were far, far worse than what we even consider a bare-bones sloppy port today.

Didn't Steam have the DLC plus Crusader Kings 2 all together for $12.50 when it was a daily deal? Is the DLC worth it? Seems like a lot of little things. The only big content DLC is the Islam one, right?

Yes, that's what Steam was offering. The Amazon bundle includes Crusader Kings II and four other Paradox titles.

Sword of Islam is the only major content expansion at the moment.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Mirror's Edge is probably the most polarizing game I've ever played, personally. Simultaneously one of the best games I've ever played and one of the worst.

Genuine curiosity - what don't you like about the game? It's just so damn good.

Garbage = broken and unplayable? I bought and beat it for the Xbox when it first came out and just want to replay it, I just don't want to dig out my old xbox to do so. I rather spend $2.50 to do so then $9.99.

it was perfect on the consoles.

it needs some tweaking and workarounds on the pc.

I played Mirrors Edge on the 360 2 years ago or so.

The problem with the Game: It is good. Really good!
But far too short and no replayability at all.

They should have released a SKD with it.

But for 2,50€ its a steal!

Alex

Fable 3 seems like a weird fluff/jank game I might like reading all about it but not enough to pay 13 for it now

Maybe 5-7 next sale or something

Why the hell is Fable 2 not on PC, anyway

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Liked Dead Rising 2 a lot. It was a lot of fun on PC. Never got to play the co op. DR: OTR seems fun, but when this is a bullet point as to why you should buy it, something is/was wrong.

Steam Dead Rising 2: Off the Record Store Page:
Upgraded Experience – Full of technical improvements, system enhancements and feature upgrades to create a faster, smoother, more satisfying Dead Rising.

I mean really? SMH.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Sell me on Mirror's Edge Gaf.

One of the best looking games I've ever seen (THE COLORS!). Looks amazing and plays great, although there are some very frustrating parts. I always wanted to run forward and the moment you stop and have to look around or fight it breaks the flow of the game. Still great though and I would easily recommend it for $5.

Now I'm just waiting for Crysis and my list will be complete. I would also buy The Witcher if it goes any cheaper.

Lingitiz

And many of the things that I loved about Fable 2 were removed in Fable 3. Fable 3 was soulless.
Fable 2 was flawed in many ways, but there were a few aspects of it that made me feel that if they were expanded upon in a sequel, they could have something really special.

Instead they managed to actually regress and oversimpfly everything, and it resulted in a shallow and just plain boring game. Its probably my biggest dissapointment of the generation.

Btw can anyone sell me on AC Rev? I love the series and Brotherhood is easily my favorite. What i've seen of the setting looks fantastic.

It's letterboxed, runs bad and has pretty bad controls on PC. Actual game is great tho, but your best option for replaying it is the PS3 or 360 versions.

Dacvak

How long is it?

Hmmm... A few hours. Maybe 4 to 6? Long enough to entice you to play it multiple times. It's the kind of game where you'd want to. Like Star Fox 64.

Bri

I'm on the fence and I need some help.

Saints Row the Third with a GeForce 9600GT? Will it run smoothly on medium settings with 1680x1050 res?

Carm

So there's that one time service gesture refund that Steam does and I have it on Two Worlds II because of it's DRM. Should I do it or save it for when I mess something else up really badly?

Two Worlds II is only $10 and all that but holy shit at the DRM. Thing is that I can't be bothered to make an account on their forum to find that one guy to do it manually and all that. I can't get through their online server activation at all.

This thread regarding DRM: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2637932

Heh, I used that "one time gesture" on Two Worlds 2 last years summer sale I think, because of the DRM. Kinda shitty Steam still doesn't list this DRM on the game store page, shame on Valve.

BeesEight

Oh damn, Dead Rising 2 is on 75% off? I was really tempted to check this out. Also, my friendly really wants Rage though he doesn't have the money to buy it. Was thinking of being generous.

But those are both $10 games, I kind of wanted to check out Dear Ester, none of these are Arma II and I've already gone $5 over my original budget.

God. Damn. Valve!

Kuroyume

Banned
Few questions about Mirror's Edge:

- How does it play without a controller? I recall there being a lot of button presses to get around when I played the 360 demo ages ago.

- Does it require any other software to play like Origin? Uninstalled Origin ages ago because BF3 would make my laptop hot and I was too worried about damaging something.

MNC

Any UK gaf help me with DR2 OTR? SteamID: MNC117. It's cheaper in UK and I want 2 copies. I can paypal in advance

nemesun

I think I'm done with the Summer sales. My shopping list before the SSS was: YS, S&S, and A valley without wind.
25c7C.jpg

f2NiN.gif

RE: Mirror's Edge. Honestly, I thought that the execution was a bit iffy, the combat was fairly dire and there was too many damn corridors towards the end. That said, for three quid and change, I'm pretty damn sure everyone will get their money's worth.

I liked Fable II on Xbox 360. If it came out on Steam, I'd seriously consider buying it again. But I'm not sure if I should get The Lost Chapters. Would you say that it's better than Fable II or worse?

Rikkun

I had no trouble playing co-op in DR2 PC (about 24 hrs of it). I haven't played OTR yet, so I can't really say.

Ok, bought it thank you Nabs!

Still on the fence about Brotherhood (I already have the first two games on 360...) and ME (no DLC and already have it on 360, could wait the next sale hoping for an higher discount)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom