• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont see the point of the flash deals, and especially for the 8 hour deals we vote on, if the games will be cheaper during a daily deal. I think everyone can buy the games in those deals without worrying that they will be cheaper during a daily. If you just look at the amount of the discounts you can see that there is little chance that those games will be cheaper.

Teknoman

Flash sales is CHEAP gabe... CHEAP! There are RULES for this thing, don't go and break em!

wild-card.gif

Enco

I'd warn every about Batman: Arkham City with that massive thread on the Steam forum of users experience the GFWL invalid key issue I've currently got but the team forums are down. CD Projekt deserves your money more.
Thanks.

Was gonna give it a shot but GFWL can go screw it self.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
AAAH!!

FLASH SALES! VOTING! BADGES?!

WTF IS GOING ON

DAMN YOU EMPTY WALLET, DAMN YOU!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm going to record my current Library and Community game counts for future, post-sale reference.

Branson

I have a bad habit of buying the publisher packs. I really want the id collection because I feel like those are games I should have on PC.

Man, ive been waiting for Deus Ex sales, and I am very tempted to jump on that flash deal, but I am starting to think it will have a daily bundle deal with the DLC as well... will gladly pay 10 dollars for DE:HR + DLC! Flash Sale you don't win this round!

Voting for deal? WHY ARE YOU TOYING WITH ME, VALVE?!

Oh and I've participated before but I have a mad memory so confirm this as the FAQ in OP is confusing me. I thought the consensus was that all items go on sale again the last day. Am I misreading it?

(quote and laugh entitlement).

hlhbk

I'd warn every about Batman: Arkham City with that massive thread on the Steam forum of users experience the GFWL invalid key issue I've currently got an open support ticket for but the Steam forums are down. CD Projekt deserves your money more.

Be aware there are a ton of technical in game issues for The Witcher 2 as well.

Gav47

No KOA discount at all

3363474_o.gif

I'll just have to hope for a daily deal. I wonder if there's even anyone at 38 to say yes to a sale seeing as the Steam version is self published.

LobLob

Banned
Does anyone have any issues with using their steam wallet funds? Im locked out of mine for some reason, wtf?!?!

Voting for deal? WHY ARE YOU TOYING WITH ME, VALVE?!

Oh and I've participated before but I have a mad memory so confirm this as the FAQ in OP is confusing me. I thought the consensus was that all items go on sale again the last day. Am I misreading it?

No, the top daily from each day goes on sale the last day. They might do something similar about halfway through.

Honestly, though...between the late start date and these crazy flash sales I don't think anyone really knows what the hell is going to happen.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

No shit, I just had a mega meltdown about this on IRC.

<stump> okay, this is some straight up motherfucking bullshit
<BreakyBoy> ?
<stump> I went to save the background art on Steam because I love the dudes and their adventures
<stump> they baked the fucking boxes into it
<stump> the art is ruined
<stump> *flips the table*
<stump> *burns Valve HQ to ground*
<stump> </proportionate_response>
<quincognito> lolololol
<BreakyBoy> ahaha
<grentealno> but he lefts the magazine racks!
<stump> lol magazines, what is this 1985
<stump> *flips ipad*

I'd warn every about Batman: Arkham City with that massive thread on the Steam forum of users experience the GFWL invalid key issue I've currently got an open support ticket for but the Steam forums are down. CD Projekt deserves your money more.

Also be warned that there is a save-deleting bug. Luckily it happened to me after the I played through the main story and most side missions, but god damn. If there is one bug you don't want your game to have I think that's it.

mrgone

Wow, PixelJunk Eden with the soundtrack is only $3 for the duration of the sale

VOTE FOR SAINTS ROW 3!!!
This is why I hate community voting for anything. SR3 is great, The Witcher 2 is great. Either way people vote it's going to mess up a deal on something great. Hopefully they all get dailies anyways :( I'm bummed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom