• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
CAUSE TONIGHT FOR THE FIRST TIME
RIGHT ABOUT HALF PAST TEN
FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HISTORY
IT'S GONNA START RAINING GABEN.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Voting for deal? WHY ARE YOU TOYING WITH ME, VALVE?!

Oh and I've participated before but I have a mad memory so confirm this as the FAQ in OP is confusing me. I thought the consensus was that all items go on sale again the last day. Am I misreading it?

Yes you are.

Here's the deal.

Don't buy a game unless it's a daily/community/flash deal. Otherwise you may end up buying something that drops lower in price later.

Once the last day hits, and all the daily/community/flash deals have already been seen, then go ahead and pick up any other discounted games that you want.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
valvepack.png

Quite.

jgminto

I can see this steam sale being very bad for my health. I'm going to end up sleep deprived and not actually spend my time playing games.

jph139

Ugh, I have a feeling Civ V won't drop below $12.50. Not that I really expected it to, but...

(Maybe that Civilization Pack will go for $15 though? That'd be super nice even if it's wicked impossible.)

Acidote

Just bought Crusader Kings II, now I don't know if is should blindly buy some DLC or not. I bought it mainly because of that Song of Ice and Fire mod haha.

Grokbu

Can't get the Join Summer Camp badge to pop. I've joined and left and joined again, but no luck.

I believe that you have to complete at least three Steam Summer Sale 2012 tasks to get the badge. Joining the Summer Sale Group is one of those tasks.

That's how I believe it works at least.

EDIT: Ah, you mean that you can't get the "task complete" icon? I can't either, so I guess it'll update in a while.

Fall of the Samurai is too dear. £12.50 ... it's been £9.99 on amazon for over a month. Really disappointed and it's the only game I truly wanted, now I have to just go and order from amazon. POOR SHOW GABE, POOR SHOW. Also, it says 75% Shogun Franchise sale, but then Fall is only 50%, 40% for DLC. bleh!

Yes you are.

Here's the deal.

Don't buy a game unless it's a daily/community/flash deal. Otherwise you may end up buying something that drops lower in price later.

Once the last day hits, and all the daily/community/flash deals have already been seen, then go ahead and pick up any other discounted games that you want.

All cool. Thanks! These flash/community deals are killing me with confusion.

Thanks.

Was gonna give it a shot but GFWL can go screw it self.

Not everyone seems to get this but for further detail, the key Steam provided me worked with the Securom validation but when I have to enter the CD Key yet again (why?) into GFWL, the key is rejected. I get an error saying it's already been activated with another account.So it works on one level of DRM but not the other. There is a fairly sizable thread on the Steam forums about this, the only solution seems to be Steam, GFWL and/or Warner Brothers Support.

Bought Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam for 2.49 !

I still need to buy:

Portal 2

Fall of the Samurai

I bought it too. Fear the Seljuks!

Also I have all the games of the Indie Bundle I except Cave Story+ and I expect the next bundles would be about the same.

Be aware there are a ton of technical in game issues for The Witcher 2 as well.
Maybe for you, but I've never had a problem getting TW2 running.

Can someone tell me if you buy a pack will the games you already own from the pack be added to my gift inventory? It doesn't tell me when looking from the Steam App.

dwebo

Ugh, I have a feeling Civ V won't drop below $12.50. Not that I really expected it to, but...

(Maybe that Civilization Pack will go for $15 though? That'd be super nice even if it's wicked impossible.)

it's been 7.50 recently at amazon I think, which I missed. that'd be 75% off the current $30, which is probable for a daily deal

deleted

Unless you magically sleep 20 minutes before a new deal comes up you'll have anywhere from 10 to 14 hours to sleep.

As I see it the flash deals will change every two hours?! Initial 6 hour starting phase and after that every two hours...

I just realized - that is a stupid line of thought. The first game will change after 6 hours and the others follow in 2 hour steps. So a new deal every 6 hours.

Where do I find the badges?

Enco

Not everyone seems to get this but for further detail, the key Steam provided me worked with the Securom validation but when I have to enter the CD Key yet again (why?) into GFWL, the key is rejected. I get an error saying it's already been activated with another account.So it works on one level of DRM but not the other. There is a fairly sizable thread on the Steam forums about this, the only solution seems to be Steam, GFWL and/or Warner Brothers Support.
Multiple levels of DRM = no buy

Nothing that interests me in the daily deals so more waiting for me.

PaulLFC

I hope the 50% discount on Fall of the Samurai is a mistake, £12.49 is a no buy because I've seen it for under £10 at retail. £6.25 though is a buy.

Your move SEGA.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Ys The Oath in Felghana 1st purchase of this sale!

I broke the number 1 rule with my 1st purchase...

You'll almost certainly be fine, Oath shouldn't be a daily since it's going to be part of the Indie Bundle on day 5.

And I voted for Witcher 2. I think that one should win pretty easily.

Kind of wish it would go lower than $16, but I'll probably end up picking it up anyway.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member

No chance in hell Gods and Kings will got for $15 is there? I might bite at that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom