• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought Grimrock, now to wait for the official Mac port.

No Bootcamp drivers for Retina MBP's yet.. :(

PS. There is a semi-official Mac Wrapper available for those who can't wait and do not care about not having Steam achievements. :p

mrgone

I think they're gonna be like the flash sales - every 8 hours. When you vote you get a little message that indicates there will be another vote in 8 hours.

I hope the ones that don't make it get rolled over. The Witcher 2 is one of the only games I was really looking forward to buy specifically during this sale :)

kswiston

Bought Grimrock and Sword of Islam DLC. Glad I passed on GOG Grimrock. I had a feeling that the game would get a bigger discount during the steam sale. Almost paid for the Crusader Kings DLC with that savings!

Still debating some other titles and waiting for the steam site to finish its seizure.

Dear Gabe:

Take some of the hundreds of millions that gamers like myself pay you for games we will never play and invest in more store servers. This is the third sale in a row that your site has not been able to handle the traffic.

I don't want to miss out on those price mistakes due to a site error :p

Helmholtz

Wait, so are the flash sales the lowest prices those games will be throughout the entirety of the sale? Or will they maybe be lower during daily deals?

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I came thinking: "I will only buy ITSP on a daily deal". Then I looked that my entire wishlist was on sale. Dammit Gaben, one of these days you won't get my money, one of these days...

kewlmyc

Damn, it has gotten to the point where there's nothing I really want anymore. My backlog is already full. DAMN YOU SUMMER SALES.

Detox

Maybe for you, but I've never had a problem getting TW2 running.

Can someone tell me if you buy a pack will the games you already own from the pack be added to my gift inventory? It doesn't tell me when looking from the Steam App.
I think if it doesn't tell you that you get extra copies then you don't they just disappear into the ether.

Firebrand

Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes is a daily deal (75%) btw, even though the link from the front page banner says 50% and only links to M&M Heroes VI.

Might grab that, I enjoyed the demo.

Omikaru

I have about £50 to spend, give or take, and I'm hoping the following end up as Daily and/or Flash Deals:

- The Walking Dead
- Quantum Conundrum*
- Civ V: Gods and Kings*
- Max Payne 3
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning*
- Street Fighter X Tekken*
- All the Assassin's Creed games
- GTA IV: Episodes from Liberty City
- Binary Domain
- Spec Ops: The Line*
- E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy

*Not holding out hope for these.

These are the ones I'm keeping an eye on, but I'll see what else catches my interest too. Very tempted to spring £9.99 on Rayman: Origins. Been on the fence about picking that up for a while now.

Wait, so are the flash sales the lowest prices those games will be throughout the entirety of the sale? Or will they maybe be lower during daily deals?

this is the first time there have been flash sales so no one knows, but I am thinking if its 75% or higher then chances are thats as good as its going to get

Hooray for more games for cheap that I will never actually play!

In for Legend of Grimrock if I remember to buy it when I get off work.

If I had to guess, they'll be daily deal level prices. You probably won't save any money by skipping them.

zulux21

hmmm choices....
A. buy games from steam and play and enjoy them or...
B. try to keep up with this thread and do nothing else as I will fall to far behind if I do anything else lol.

anyways I will be getting might and magic clash of heroes for 75% off and the dlc in a few hours when steam isn't getting hit with 1mil gamers every second lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom