• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danj

If I am to get Sanctum, which DLC's should I get along with it? (2-3 max...)

Why would you not just buy ALL the DLCs? The Sanctum Collection (Sanctum + all DLC) is cheap enough. I just need to know if I should actually buy it...

Deques

Bought trine 2 collectors :D

btw, did it get a lot more achievements? I thought it had lesser than 20 when it was released

CRS

I love that two flash deals are not available in my region(USA)....also, did Saints Row the third go back up in price?

Edit: Was this just an error?

Refresh your page. The two flash deals should be available now. And Saints Row went back up because it was the community vote deal.

Also, wb!

benjipwns

Banned
Why would you not just buy ALL the DLCs? The Sanctum Collection (Sanctum + all DLC) is cheap enough. I just need to know if I should actually buy it...
There's a demo.

I think it's great, but I love tower defense in every form.

How much longer is Trine2 up for? Can't see the sales right now and wondering how long I can sleep. Thanks!
About seven and a half hours.

badbrains

I purchased Mafia II through PayPal a few hours ago, now that I try to buy Trine 2 it's giving me an error as soon as I log into my paypal account through steam.

Anyone with similar issues?

It's good. There are a few bits that are a little frustrating but overall it's a great continuation of the BTTF story. Plus it has Christopher Lloyd, how can you not buy it.

Thanks, just purchased. I'll likely miss out on a lot of the small jokes since I was really young when I watched the trilogy. Regardless, should be fun.

Just waiting on Steam support to get around to helping me reinstall. Might just have to splurge and get a new hard drive to put back in place of the old one.

kami_sama

I purchased Mafia II through PayPal a few hours ago, now that I try to buy Trine 2 it's giving me an error as soon as I log into my paypal account through steam.

Anyone with similar issues?
Caution, it happened to me as well, and I was charged for the game, even as I don't have it in my account.

Danj

Thanks, just purchased. I'll likely miss out on a lot of the small jokes since I was really young when I watched the trilogy. Regardless, should be fun.

Just waiting on Steam support to get around to helping me reinstall. Might just have to splurge and get a new hard drive to put back in place of the old one.

You know the BTTF movies are out on DVD and Blu-Ray these days right? Why would you not own those? :p

Wok

How much longer is Trine2 up for? Can't see the sales right now and wondering how long I can sleep. Thanks!

This is a bad move from Steam: the deal started at 9 a.m. and will end at 5 p.m. in Europe (UTC+2), which means most people will miss the deal because they are at work!

Addnan

Bought Trine 2, which means I only buy 3 more games this sale. Skyrim (if its more than 66%off), Binding of Isaac and I should be ashamed for not having it, Half life 1 :/

Fou-Lu

I meant to spend nothing on this sale... Already got Saints Row and Trine 2, have Darksiders and Legend of Grimrock sitting in my cart being considered...

I know I'd buy either Alpha Protocol or Alan Wake if they're daily deals as well...

So, with that, Day 1's final damages are:

Day 1 (07/12/2012):
Legend of Grimrock 5.99
Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam 2.49
Might & Magic Clash of Heroes 3.74
Trine 2 3.74

dosh

This is a bad move from Steam: the deal started at 9 a.m. and will end at 5 p.m. in Europe (UTC+2), which means most people will miss the deal because they are at work!

Well, you can't really please the entire world with this kind of sales.
(disclaimer: I live in France).

Bought Trine 2, though I was hoping to see some of Saints Row 3 DLCs discounted today. Oh well, I'll wait.
You can always buy from your smartphone/work PC. I mean, you're going to stop working for a couple of minutes from 9 am to 5 pm, right?

Retne

How long do the daily deals last?

21 hours left? That's more than a day.

They overlap the deals by 8-12 hours I think. Can't remember exactly how long but they leave them up for a while so that anyone who was on the fence still has a chance.

They really should alter the way these sales work. Give us more to vote for and lets 2 or 3 run for a whole day. And make the flash deals appear more times or just longer.

The mobile app is no excuse for people who simply don't have the time to check the page several times per day.

Not sure what they thought when they implemented this tbh. Kind of shitty.

Tomodachi

I think the OP should keep track of every game that has been on the flash deals list. I just woke up and I don't know what I've missed, it's killing me :(

Please Salsa, don't go to sleep for 10 days straight and do that for us, will you?

Enco

They overlap the deals by 8-12 hours I think. Can't remember exactly how long but they leave them up for a while so that anyone who was on the fence still has a chance.

I don't know exactly, but yeah, they overlap dailies a bit.
Ah sweet.

So around 9 hours until the next sale? Can't wait.

edit: :lol at the Bioshock bundle. 1p more expensive than the separate games

Retne

Not sure what they thought when they implemented this tbh. Kind of shitty.

I've personally been loving it. It puts more games in the lime light and also goes through a lot more games. It gives lesser known and indie games more options than just having a daily. I'm hoping they go with less well known and older titles for flash deals too.

benjipwns

Banned
I think the OP should keep track of every game that has been on the flash deals list. I just woke up and I don't know what I've missed, it's killing me :(

Please Salsa, don't go to sleep for 10 days straight and do that for us, will you?
Rayman Origins 50% off
Warlock Master of the Arcane 66% off
Back To The Future - The Game 75% off
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II 75% off
Deus Ex: Human Revolution 75% off
Mafia II 75% off
SpaceChem 75% off

Tomodachi

Well, you can't really please the entire world with this kind of sales.
(disclaimer: I live in France).
I think they're pleasing the USA actually, now that it's bed time over there they're having a 10 hours pause in flash deals. This sucks a little, but I won't complain (except I've missed a few flash deals because I was sleeping 'cause you know, Italy -__-).

Considering Crusader Kings II and Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai (although I had hoped for a 75% discount), but I think that will be all for day 1. I just cleared my backlog, so need to do unnecessary damage to it again.

Bought terreria and Portal 2(never played it) I don't think my PC can run it but well I don't care one day I'll get a rig that can and I can't not buy it at that price.

Tomodachi

Rayman Origins 50% off
Mafia II 75% off
SpaceChem 75% off
Thanks! I missed Back to the Future, and I even wanted it :'(
Did you write that list yourself or is there someplace I can check in the future for it?

Rayman Origins 50% off
Mafia II 75% off
SpaceChem 75% off

Goddamnit what! any chance these flash deals come back? I had no idea....

I've personally been loving it. It puts more games in the lime light and also goes through a lot more games. It gives lesser known and indie games more options than just having a daily. I'm hoping they go with less well known and older titles for flash deals too.

Me personally too, but I have time and surf the sale a lot anyway. But limited timers which confuse people are a strange way to have a sale. Not good for the games and not good for the customers. The only people who actually wins are those with a lot of time and who check steam several times / day.

That's not really a fragmentation you want to do.

Having older titles, great, having community votes, great, having some kind of flash deals, great. But plan them so people from all regions actually can participate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom