• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzy-4U

There's a demo.

I think it's great, but I love tower defense in every form.
You seem to know some stuff. I bought Sanctum when it came out and I really liked it but it was so damn hard after a few levels.

Has the difficulty been adjusted or something? I can't remember if there was a difficulty option, I just played on default.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
where should I change it to? I'm in Sydney so I have that selected.

Also, its FUCKING BULLSHIT that the Flash deals are scaled with Eastern/Pacific Time.

Internode's SA server is the fastest and most comprehensive of our lot, in my experience.

Chittagong

Gold Member
So far, Trine 2 and Alan Wake American Nightmare. Very good.

Damn I am hoping for a 75% Skyrim, Witcher 2 or Assassins Creed Revelaitons offer, what are the odds...?

vulva

I'm in the US (Canadian citizen) and I don't think I can make any purchases T_T. Trying to pay using paypal it keeps having an error

dosh

I think they're pleasing the USA actually, now that it's bed time over there they're having a 10 hours pause in flash deals. This sucks a little, but I won't complain (except I've missed a few flash deals because I was sleeping 'cause you know, Italy -__-).

Two of the flash deals ends in 7 hours, but I get your point. Missing some of the deals is meh, but there are still tons of fantastic bargains. I can leave with that :D

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I missed out on Saints Row III. If anyone bought a spare, PM me!

Sale looks good so far.

benjipwns

Banned
You seem to know some stuff. I bought Sanctum when it came out and I really liked it but it was so damn hard after a few levels.

Has the difficulty been adjusted or something? I can't remember if there was a difficulty option, I just played on default.
They have added tons more options for everything. At launch I don't think there were difficulties but now there's four or five.

where should I change it to? I'm in Sydney so I have that selected.

Also, its FUCKING BULLSHIT that the Flash deals are scaled with Eastern/Pacific Time.
They weren't scaled with anything earlier, were ending every two hours.

Risgroo

Damn, this is great,my first Stam sale! Picked up Shogun 2(just the main game) and DX:HR at 75% off each. Any chance of The Witcher 2 going on sale, even though it lost the vote? I've been asleep for the last 10 hours, so I'm not completely sure what happened.

Retne

I would say the chances of The Witcher 2 getting a daily deal is pretty darn high. What kind of cut you're looking at I'm going to tentatively guess 66% but I would like to see 75%.

Dizzy-4U

They have added tons more options for everything. At launch I don't think there were difficulties but now there's four or five.

That's good to know. I'm all for difficult games, but Sanctum was pretty ridiculous at launch (well, at least for me).

Grabbing a 4-pack to gift them to some friends.

Scott667

I've never experienced a Steam Sale before, this is actually kind of exciting (my wallet will hate me in the end though!). I was thinking of picking up Bioshock for PC, but remember hearing ages ago that it has some issue where its display is cropped in widescreen mode, does anyone know if that is still an issue?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
So is it worth playing Trine 1 before Trine 2? I'm thinking about gifting it to a friend and get the feeling he'd only care about playing through one of them.

Nabs

I've never experienced a Steam Sale before, this is actually kind of exciting (my wallet will hate me in the end though!). I was thinking of picking up Bioshock for PC, but remember hearing ages ago that it has some issue where its display is cropped in widescreen mode, does anyone know if that is still an issue?

Wait for a daily on Bioshock

I don't know if it is still an issue in the retail version, but I know there is a mod to fix it.

(The issue has to do with the FOV, or Field of vision.)

Koroviev

Any guesses on what the daily deal is going toi be for tomorrow? (now today) the 13th

It is sacrilegious to try to gaze through the eyes of our Lord Gaben. Rest in the knowledge that he loves you more than any worldly being ever could and would not challenge you with more than you're equipped to handle.

benjipwns

Banned
I think they did patch this eventually.

I really doubt it'll go cheaper, so it depends on how anxious you are to play it (you can wait till the last day just in case)

also awesome avatar, joker's back!

I'm pretty anxious to play it, but I really should probably hold off in the very slight chance it does go lower.

Thanks, by the way, can't wait for October, been loving everything Snyder's been doing with Batman lately.

Just hold off - you lose nothing by waiting, except a few days I suppose.

Good god man! Read the OP. Rule #1 of steam sales: Don't buy a title unless it's a daily deal(or flash deal) or it's the end of the sale and you still want it.

Haha, I know, I guess I was just looking for someone to help excuse an impulsive purchase. :p

Edit: I just went to buy Trine 2 only to discover I already had it and had forgotten about it. Classic Steam.

Risgroo

I would say the chances of The Witcher 2 getting a daily deal is pretty darn high. What kind of cut you're looking at I'm going to tentatively guess 66% but I would like to see 75%.

I'll bite at 60%. My "rule" for the sale is to only buy games I'd actually be willing to pay full price for(only just got a new PC, so I haven't been able to really play anything released after 2007). I'm also hoping to see Alan Wake at 75% off(unlikely?), as well as STALKER and Amnesia.

Daante

Bought:

Alan Wake - 13.99 Euro (-50%)
Devil May Cry 4 - 9.99 Euro (-50%)
Trine 1 - 1.99 Euro (-75%) (had number 2 since earlier)

YAY

stupei

It's kind of a relief as a Mac user who doesn't load into Bootcamp all that often that so many of the flash deals are Windows only.

My wallet is grateful.

Although for some reason I do have Terraria and Legend of Grimrock sitting in my cart at the moment. At that price, it's hard not to bite and just hope I remember to load up Windows 7 and play them. (Haha, people actually playing Steam games, I know.)

geeko

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.... My power cord on my dell laptop just crapped out :(. Right at the beginning of the sale too. Fucking crap. My dell is still covered under the full warranty, anyone know if they cover the power cord.

PaulLFC

So there's no more deals for about 6 and a half hours? I guess it's night time where Valve are - just gone 9am here so I have to go a while without sales, this is difficult!

Tomodachi

So there's no more deals for about 6 and a half hours? I guess it's night time where Valve are - just gone 9am here so I have to go a while without sales, this is difficult!
I'm not sure, there are three flash sales still active (back to the future, rayman, warlock) expiring in less than an hour but they're not appearing on the main page, maybe they'll get replaced with some other flash deals? Anyone?

Orayn

So... Chances of Assassin's Creed 2 hitting $5-10 on either daily or flash? That's one that I *really* want to get this time around. Brotherhood for <$15 would also be nifty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom