• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomodachi

So... Chances of Assassin's Creed 2 hitting $5-10 on either daily or flash? That's one that I *really* want to get this time around. Brotherhood for <$15 would also be nifty.
There definitely will be an Assassin's Creed franchise daily, there always has been one.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Of all the three Stronghold 3 feels the least evil.

With that said who the hell buys Skyrim when you can get more games for only adding 10 bucks?

There'll almost certainly be an Assassin's Creed bundle on a Daily Deal, but they've never been really cheap before. Maybe this is the year, though. I've been meaning to play the DLC for Brotherhood, and right now it's cheaper to buy the entire PC version with the DLC than just the DLC on PSN :p

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Saints Row The Third is absurdly fun. Also, thank fuck they let you use KB&M and controller at the same time. Mouse it up to shoot dudes, switch to controller when I drive. Hooray Volition.

Crayons

Banned
Took over an hour to do it but I finally bought trine. You have no idea how hard that was, logging into steam, then my yahoo email for the Steamguard code, memorizing it and waiting for it to load on the 3DS browser.

Now I can sleep.

benjipwns

Banned
I'm not sure, there are three flash sales still active (back to the future, rayman, warlock) expiring in less than an hour but they're not appearing on the main page, maybe they'll get replaced with some other flash deals? Anyone?
Things got messed up earlier and the front page was broken, Valve seemed to change the timings on the flash sales then and extended some of them.

Koroviev

Yes... rubb it in wont ya?

Here! Take this salt.

Wasn't trying to rub it in, lol. Just pointing out that there are alternatives to Steam that may offer better values when Steam isn't hosting a seasonal sale.

My go-to site is deals4downloads.

Aaron

Valve is truly evil. I just bought a flash sale game from my phone AND IT WAS TOO DAMNED EASY!! Why couldn't they screw it up like so many other companies? Why does their phone app work so well and make the offers so enticing? Even at work I can not escape!

fanboi

Banned
Wasn't trying to rub it in, lol. Just pointing out that there are alternatives to Steam that may offer better values when Steam isn't hosting a seasonal sale.

My go-to site is deals4downloads.

I was joking :p

Well, lucky me that I'm made of money! :|

Atruvius

Damn, you could buy all Stalker games for 12€. Now they have corrected the price. Clear Sky costed 2.79€. Why didn't I buy them yesterday? :,(

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Valve is truly evil. I just bought a flash sale game from my phone AND IT WAS TOO DAMNED EASY!! Why couldn't they screw it up like so many other companies? Why does their phone app work so well and make the offers so enticing? Even at work I can not escape!

Well if you have an iPad it won't work, at least it won't scroll to "Settings".

LobLob

Banned
Ok guys, need help. I am trying to get the PILLAR OF THE COMMUNITY badge and all i have to do is a share a video and by god im trying to make a stupid little video in tf2 but the replay feature says i need quicktime installed to save a movie but i have quicktime already, any help to either fix this or get around this stupid bug?

Someone who likes it sell me on Force Unleashed 2.

a3806253-73-crickets%20chirping.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Damn, you could buy all Stalker games for 12&#8364;. Now they have corrected the price. Clear Sky costed 2.79&#8364;. Why didn't I buy them yesterday? :,(

Similarly, Alan Wake's American Nightmare initially had the bonus discount for existing Alan Wake owners (-15%, IIRC) applied in addition to the general sale discount, reducing it to a little over $5. I didn't think to pick the game up then, but hopefully it becomes a Daily/Flash at -66%.

PaulLFC

Voted for Stronghold 3. Ghost Recon has been on sale quite a few times before in Ubi week-long deals etc, Brink has been on sale a lot in the past as well, and no doubt will be again at some point.

Stronghold it is.

gilljoy

Just noticed something.

Daily deals don't end for another 20 or so hours? Did they not usually end at 6pm UK time each day?

Card Boy

Banned
You guys have 20 minutes to pick up Warlock Master of the Arcane before it goes back up in price. Being playing it for the past 2 hours and am loving it. It's more accessible than the Civilization games in my personal experience.

PaulLFC

Does anyone have impressions of Jagged Alliance: Back in Action or Port Royale 3?

I definitely want Tropico 4, but if some of the other games in the Kalypso Pack are good, I may get that if Tropico doesn't have a daily deal.

Protome

Does Brink on PC have any kind of community?
I sold my PS3 copy because the online was pretty much dead, but I did enjoy the game. If it ends up getting 75% off and has a decent community I'd be tempted to pick up the PC version.

You know the BTTF movies are out on DVD and Blu-Ray these days right? Why would you not own those? :p

I've seen them a number of times in the past so I remember plenty of the larger story points but I was watching the Giant Bomb guys playing the first episode to see if I'd be into it and they kept pointing out small references that I couldn't recognize at all. That's all.

And I don't own them because I'm actively trying to get rid of many of my physical goods. Movies are one fairly large segment that I'm trying to sell/donate when I have the time.

Amzin

What was that Colony Wars type game called? I know someone made a thread on GAF about it, and now I forget the name. :(

Since the thread is slowing down because of time of night/pause in sale changes, quoting this to see if someone knows the game he was talking about? Colony Wars was one of my all time favorites on the PS1 and I had not heard of a game like it out on the PC (excluding old ones like Tie Fighter et all)

benjipwns

Banned
I sold my PS3 copy because the online was pretty much dead, but I did enjoy the game. If it ends up getting 75% off and has a decent community I'd be tempted to pick up the PC version.
No, not really.

Kabouter

Someone who likes it sell me on Force Unleashed 2.

I can't imagine you'll find anyone with such little taste here. The Force Unleashed 2 is a terrible game, that manages to be incredibly repetitive in the four hours it lasts. Story is bad, gameplay is bad, level design is some of the worst this generation. It looks nice though, I guess.

Since the thread is slowing down because of time of night/pause in sale changes, quoting this to see if someone knows the game he was talking about? Colony Wars was one of my all time favorites on the PS1 and I had not heard of a game like it out on the PC (excluding old ones like Tie Fighter et all)

Any chance you're thinkong of Evochron Mercenary? Admittedly I never played Colony Wars but figure I'll see if this is what you're talking about just in case it's correct

http://store.steampowered.com/app/71000/

Guanoape

Neo Member
I woke up at 7AM to buy SR3. 7AM Gabe! What's your plan for the next sale? Make me jump through hoops of fire to get to my sale?

Card Boy

Banned

If its not in the Steam top 100 then its dead. Brink hasn't being in the top 100 for several months. Meaning there are less than 328 people playing it worldwide as of this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom