• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have impressions of Jagged Alliance: Back in Action or Port Royale 3?

I definitely want Tropico 4, but if some of the other games in the Kalypso Pack are good, I may get that if Tropico doesn't have a daily deal.

I don't think there ever was a sale like this on Steam where Tropico wasn't a daily.

I could get get Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl for almost free on DVD (used), is there a reason why I should buy it on Steam instead? Is there any DRM/Key for the DVD version?
Do I need Stalker 1 to buy Stalker add-ons on steam?

Could also get Darksiders Hellbook edition (used) for cheap, but it seems like I wouldn't be able to use it, as it needs a Steam key, right?

Thanks for your help!

Protome

I could get get Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl for almost free on DVD (used), is there a reason why I should buy it on Steam instead? Is there any DRM/Key for the DVD version?
Do I need Stalker 1 to buy Stalker add-ons on steam?

Could also get Darksiders Hellbook edition (used) for cheap, but it seems like I wouldn't be able to use it, as it needs a Steam key, right?

Thanks for your help!

Darksiders does indeed use a steam key, although the Hellbook collection has a really fantastic box and some great art if you're into that kinda thing (I am.)

Is the original Call of Juarez any good? It's 75% off and $2.50.

I remember some truly awful stealth segments when you had to play as the other character. Also a really clumsy mechanic where you had to use a bullwhip to swing over gaps like Indiana Jones. The parts where you played as the cowboy preacher guy were pretty good, though.

Vaporak

I can't imagine you'll find anyone with such little taste here. The Force Unleashed 2 is a terrible game, that manages to be incredibly repetitive in the four hours it lasts. Story is bad, gameplay is bad, level design is some of the worst this generation. It looks nice though, I guess.

Well then, guess that's 5 bucks saved for later.

Darksiders does indeed use a steam key, although the Hellbook collection has a really fantastic box and some great art if you're into that kinda thing (I am.)

Thanks, well that's the flip side to Steam, used games are worthless as you can't untie your games from Steam to sell them...I remember back in the days when I bought Half-Life Episode 1 (used!!) and was able to add it to my Steam library going through their support without too much hassle, now it's not even an option anymore.

Edit: another question, could I install Darksiders with the DVD if I already bought and activated Darksiders on Steam, or would it ask me to enter a code? Because 12GB would take at least half a day with my shitty bandwith.

Skirn

Damn, missed the Stalker deal. I do have them as retail copies, but it'd cool to have them on Steam, too. Oh well.

So far I've bought:
- Mafia II
- Trine franchise
- Warlock - Master of the Arcane

...and I already have a huge backlog. I haven't even had time to start playing ME3 yet, for instance, even though I've had it since release. This won't end well.

TheBear

You guys have 20 minutes to pick up Warlock Master of the Arcane before it goes back up in price. Being playing it for the past 2 hours and am loving it. It's more accessible than the Civilization games in my personal experience.

Was 90% sold on the idea of it but then the sale ran out. Oh well :(

dreamfall

So far I bought:
- Hitman Blood Money
- Saints Row 3
- Still Life Bundle
- Dreamfall

I have to hold off, but can't seem to! Plus building a backlog with a new foray into PC gaming is oddly exhilarating!

Wow. Just checked out the Steam frontpage for the first time during the sale. I couldn't do it when it started because some morons stole the transformer of a near transmission tower and everyone in the area was without electricity all day long :(

So I missed a STALKER and a Saints Row 3 deal? Damn... I'm not going to able to see every flash deal, either. I'm kinda tempted to get Trine 2 right now, but being the first day I guess I'll wait to see more discounts before buying anything.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wow. Just checked out the Steam frontpage for the first time during the sale. I couldn't do it when it started because some morons stole the transformer of a near transmission tower and everyone in the area was without electricity all day long :(

So I missed a STALKER and a Saints Row 3 deal? Damn... I'm not going to able to see every flash deal, either. I'm kinda tempted to get Trine 2 right now, but being the first day I guess I'll wait to see more discounts before buying anything.

wDPhk.jpg

STALKER was a glitch, not an official deal. Am I right or did I miss something?

The former.

Damn, missed the Stalker deal. I do have them as retail copies, but it'd cool to have them on Steam, too. Oh well.

So far I've bought:
- Mafia II
- Trine franchise
- Warlock - Master of the Arcane

...and I already have a huge backlog. I haven't even had time to start playing ME3 yet, for instance, even though I've had it since release. This won't end well.

Steam has the Stalker games on sale every other day for like ten cents. You'll get another chance.

Thanks, well that's the flip side to Steam, used games are worthless as you can't untie your games from Steam to sell them...I remember back in the days when I bought Half-Life Episode 1 (used!!) and was able to add it to my Steam library going through their support without too much hassle, now it's not even an option anymore.

Edit: another question, could I install Darksiders with the DVD if I already bought and activated Darksiders on Steam, or would it ask me to enter a code? Because 12GB would take at least half a day with my shitty bandwith.

If you already have the disk, could t you just register the game, I'm almost sure it can be registered on steam.

Silex

Suddenly my coupon for SS3 doesn't work, it shows up as full price in the cart. :(
Anyone else has this? Hoping I didn't miss out the chance to buy it for nearly nothing...

Nabs

Suddenly my coupon for SS3 doesn't work, it shows up as full price in the cart. :(
Anyone else has this? Hoping I didn't miss out the chance to buy it for nearly nothing...

"Can't be applied with other discounts."

Ffffffffffffff. I was so greedy :( I should have just picked it up for $3.75 when I had the chance.

Oh well, I guess I won't bother.

benjipwns

Banned
another question, could I install Darksiders with the DVD if I already bought and activated Darksiders on Steam, or would it ask me to enter a code? Because 12GB would take at least half a day with my shitty bandwith.
That requires Steam doesn't it? Generally those will let you install off the disc which will auto-launch Steam.

No idea if the disc's key is different from the one on your account though.

feel

Don't worry about having missed the STALKER expansions price mistake guys, they will very likely be a proper Daily/Flash.

benjipwns

Banned

Ffffffffffffff. I was so greedy :( I should have just picked it up for $3.75 when I had the chance.

Damn, should have known better than to try and stack on a daily deal.

Damn it, same here. I was waiting for a daily deal on SS3, I guess I'll probably won't use it.

Silex

Yep, same... "Wait for the daily deals" is not always right, sometimes we just shouldn't be greedy. :(

Tomodachi

I really hope that Loyalty Promo thingie will stack with an eventual daily deal for Call of Pripyat. Never played a STALKER in my life of course but I already own the first + Clear Sky so I definitely need to complete the collection.
Wild guess: he has an AMD/ATi card.
I'm so happy I switched to nvidia like two years ago. Never had a single driver problem/crash.

sazzy

Do you have the Pyrovision Goggles equipped?

Trine is supposed to look beautiful.

That is not beautiful.

Yup. Amazing graphics, right?

the hell is wrong with your pc/game? uhm, all I can think of is, try updating your video card drivers

Wild guess: he has an AMD/ATi card.

Post your computer's specs?

GeForce 540M. On the latest beta drivers.

Trine 2 is running great :\

edit- might have to fiddle around with the settings a bit when i sit down to actually play it... in a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom