• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
GeForce 540M. On the latest beta drivers.

Trine 2 is running great :\

edit- might have to fiddle around with the settings a bit when i sit down to actually play it... in a few months.

When you get around to playing it, you may want to verify the game cache, that may solve the problem.

sazzy

Try using the latest beta drivers (if available) or rolling back a version or two.

yeah i;ll do that when i get around to playing it. or maybe it fixes itself by then, who knows.

playing defense grid for now. so goooooood

Dimorphic

Anyone else getting this error when trying to purchase a game from the store?

"An unexpected error has occurred. Your purchase has not been completed."

There is money on the card I'm using and it's been used this morning to buy from Steam.

CassSept

I hate Steam.

In other news, I bought Trine franchise, Darksiders (maybe it will finally make me buy a new PC) and my own copy of Portal 2. God damn it, that's just the first day.

Amzin

Any chance you're thinkong of Evochron Mercenary? Admittedly I never played Colony Wars but figure I'll see if this is what you're talking about just in case it's correct

http://store.steampowered.com/app/71000/

haha I have no idea what game he was thinking of, I don't know him, I just saw "like Colony Wars" and my eyes lit up :p The game you linked is more of a sim like those X games I think? Colony Wars was basically all action and shooting and moving like a space ninja. Thanks for responding, though!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Reminder for our giveaway thread :)
mj2oJ.gif

You can win games by doing stuff, still 7 hours left until the first contests end.

First contest is playing SpaceChem (even the DEMO), the second one is drawing something.

Bought Trine 2. Yay!

I think this will be my "lightest" Steam Sale yet. Huge backlog and not enough time to play, not to mention X360/PS3, too.

My wishlist is this:

EIj7J.png

If I get some of that, I'm okay. If not, I'm also okay.

The sale excitement is really gone from me because of the increasing number of IRL duties and and a corresponding huge backlog.

Ledsen

Whoa! What little I played wasn't zelda at all, just some heavenly sword type game where you kills waves and waves of boring enemies by mashing the one or two attack buttons.

Well it's a Zelda clone with God of War combat. The beginning is just a linear tutorial. I guess you didn't make it to any of the dungeons or open up more of the world?

Arksy

I'm sad there's no achievement hunting for bonuses. :(

Also, is legend of grimrock any good? Is it a modern take on an old school dungeon crawler or is it a remastered game or what?

Dimorphic

Anyone else getting this error when trying to purchase a game from the store?

"An unexpected error has occurred. Your purchase has not been completed."

There is money on the card I'm using and it's been used this morning to buy from Steam.

So I have no idea why this is happening. I tried swapping to PayPal and the error still occurs. I'm trying to buy Trine 2 and at this rate I'll miss it. I opened a ticket with Steam support but who knows how long that'll take...

Dingotech

Also, is legend of grimrock any good? Is it a modern take on an old school dungeon crawler or is it a remastered game or what?

Grimrock is styled after old school dungeon crawlers but it's a brand new game, not a remake.

sazzy

its surprisingly fun. had to force myself to stop playing the first time i booted it up.

Ledsen

It's a modern take, and it's an amazing game. Loved everything about it except the final boss.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

I posted it above, but.. you can join us over in the GAF Sale hunt thread for our own game "achievement" hunting. Not the same size as Valve of course, but we still have 50 games to give away currently.

How's the first Force Unleashed game? I am sorta tempted at its current price point.

I played it on PS3, it wasn't that bad. It has its flaws, but there also some great moments as well, plus iirc the Steam version has every DLC included, so it's a game that will keep you busy for quite some time.

I'd buy it.

Dunlop

Finally Darksiders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I swear I have not been able to get to a PC last 2/3 years every single time it has gone on sale

Now hopefully it doesn't run like ass on my PC

sazzy

Finally Darksiders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I swear I have not been able to get to a PC last 2/3 years every single time it has gone on sale

Now hopefully it doesn't run like ass on my PC

likely will. my exp has been its poorly optimized :\

Just busted my steam sale cherry with:

Bit.trip Runner
Pixel Junk Eden
Dark Messiah
And the Force Unleashed 1 and 2. What is wrong with me, is this what steam does to people?

Looking forward to building a back log...

OniShiro

Banned
Just busted my steam sale cherry with:

Bit.trip Runner
Pixel Junk Eden
Dark Messiah
And the Force Unleashed 1 and 2. What is wrong with me, is this what steam does to people?

Looking forward to building a back log...

It's ok, everybody in this thread is guilty of the same sins :)

Dunlop

likely will. my exp has been its poorly optimized :\

Aw well, I'll spend $5 on coffee today so I want be too upset ; )

I just linked my paypal to the account, it will ask my paypal password off of every transaction from now on right?

Trine 2 and that's it for today! Granted, I already have a lot of these games. My backlog is getting ridiculous. Remember folks... if you buy a game you otherwise wouldn't play simply because it's $5, there's still a good chance you will NEVER play it.

Protome

Edit: another question, could I install Darksiders with the DVD if I already bought and activated Darksiders on Steam, or would it ask me to enter a code? Because 12GB would take at least half a day with my shitty bandwith.

It should work fine that way, I dont recall ever being asked for the code when reinstalling from a disc.

elkayes

My Haul:

Trine 2
Serious Sam 2 (not second encounter)
Pixel Junk Eden

Right now I kid myself into thinking that will be everything for me.
Having an i3 2x1,4/intel hd 3000 pc helps alot right now.

alba

Little is the new Big
Only some light damage over here, bought Trine 2 & Hard Reset. I can't really afford to spend too much but what the hell, saaaales!

HoosTrax

Brink vs GRAW2 vs Stronghold 3...

Is that supposed to be a troll poll? 2 terrible games and 1 game that is a direct sequel. Out of those 3, GRAW2 is the only one worth playing I guess, but only together with GRAW1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom