• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

OniShiro

Banned
Alright, I've got three codes for the following games to give away:

Syberia I

Supreme Commander 2

Psychonauts

One per person. Post if you're interested, I will PM you the code. I don't like doing the e-mail tag thingy. Also, please only post if you actually intend to PLAY the game in question.

I'd like Supreme Commander 2.

Thanks

Majeh

Syberia I

Supreme Commander 2

Psychonauts

One per person. Post if you're interested, I will PM you the code. I don't like doing the e-mail tag thingy. Also, please only post if you actually intend to PLAY the game in question.

Syberia I if you don't mind.

Card Boy

Banned

Syberia I

Supreme Commander 2

Psychonauts

Syberia 1 thanks :)

edit: shit....

DOA

So I have no idea why this is happening. I tried swapping to PayPal and the error still occurs. I'm trying to buy Trine 2 and at this rate I'll miss it. I opened a ticket with Steam support but who knows how long that'll take...

it happens here and there. i've encountered it and tried on another computer, through the STEAM client itself and it worked

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Still not bought anything myself yet either. Waiting to see if Ys drops lower, people seem to thing it will?

Syberia I

Supreme Commander 2

Psychonauts

Psychonauts please. Would be much appreciated.

Syberia I

Supreme Commander 2

Psychonauts

Nevermind lol to slow

Deus Ex -75% and Rayman Origins -50% are some pretty good ones.

Sorry, I should have clarified. I saw those ones. I can't completely remember what the last deals I saw up were but I remember that Back to the Future had just been added. Looking at this list (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2801155) it seems it was only the Spellforce Collection so, as you've said, it seems I was around for the two big deals (Rayman and Deus Ex). Thanks for trying to help.

Actually, time to be charitable. Who wants Pixeljunk Eden Soundtrack Bundle? First person to reply gets it.

jarosh

Psychonauts and Syberia gone...

I'm not sure what to do about Supreme Commander 2. Got a PM from Gowans007 about it and OniShiro literally posted in here at the exact same time. I think I'll have to give it to OniShiro, since I never actually asked for PMs. I'm sorry, Gowans, hope that's ok for you... :/

Thank you, jarosh.
You're welcome.

Just woke up, used phone app to vote and buy Trine 2 and Sanctum.

My self control is at its lowest in the morning. Hope I made good purchases!

If I get a collection and I already have a game in the collection does that game go automatically in my gifts folder or does it just get wasted?

I want to get the bit trip collection and was thinking of givinmg runner to my brother as I already have it. I will wait for the dailt deal for it.

Also while on topic of daily deals, are these flash sales going to be better than their daily deal counterparts or are these basically the daily deal for that particualr game? If so I shouldn't wait for Trine collection to go any lower or Terraria or darksiders is that correct? I was thinking of skipping some for the christmas sale if they weren't under $5 or a bundle yet though so maybe darkisders will be saved for later. I think I will also keep everything as a gift until I play it from here on out.

Sorry, I should have clarified. I saw those ones. I can't completely remember what the last deals I saw up were but I remember that Back to the Future had just been added. Looking at this list (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2801155) it seems it was only the Spellforce Collection so, as you've said, it seems I was around for the two big deals (Rayman and Deus Ex). Thanks for trying to help.

Actually, time to be charitable. Who wants Pixeljunk Eden Soundtrack Bundle? First person to reply gets it.

is it a good album?

doh i wish there was a post merge for accidents like these.

So I have no idea why this is happening. I tried swapping to PayPal and the error still occurs. I'm trying to buy Trine 2 and at this rate I'll miss it. I opened a ticket with Steam support but who knows how long that'll take...

I know this might sound random, but did you by any chance used to post on the Xbox.com.au forums?

Does anybody know if publisher packs go cheaper or do they stay at the same price until the sale's over?

Thinking about id pack. A lot of classics there and I haven't played Rage yet.

XOMTOR

Here's an odd one: can't purchase Trine2 via the iOS Steam app, says:

"This title is unavailable for purchase via the Steam application on iOS"

Fortunately, it's available using the mobile site from a browser. Some kind of App Store restriction?

Which begs the question, any reason to use the iOS app now that the mobile site is up?

Need a summer coop game to play with my friends (about 3-4 dudes).

This sale is overwhelming so I really need som recommendations.

We love Killing Floor, L4D, War in the North, Alien Swarm, Borderlands, stuff like that.
A lot of stuff, really. There should preferably be a bit of skilled involved, but the other dudes like rpg mechanics as well.

Help is greatly appreciated.

Pachael

Here's an odd one: can't purchase Trine2 via the iOS Steam app, says:

"This title is unavailable for purchase via the Steam application on iOS"

Fortunately, it's available using the mobile site from a browser. Some kind of App Store restriction?

Which begs the question, any reason to use the iOS app now that the mobile site is up?

Yeah, didn't get this one. Only just bought Trine 2. Got the other non-other-pack CK2 DLC though from iOS :)

Bought Grimlock and Trine 2 so far.

Currently debating picking up Darksiders. Have a HUGE backlog of games plus I already played and beat if for 360 so the chances of me playing through it again are remarkably slim and yet I'm still thinking of dropping the $5.

I'll probably hold off, but these flash deals are awesomely evil. Damn you STEAM.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

We love Killing Floor, L4D, War in the North, Alien Swarm, Borderlands, stuff like that.
A lot of stuff, really. There should preferably be a bit of skilled involved, but the other dudes like rpg mechanics as well.

L4D2 (skip the 1st one since the 2nd one includes all of L4D1 campaigns anyway) is a lot of fun, but can also be very rage-inducing :) For you and your friends I'd say Borderlands.

benjipwns

Banned

I love Borderlands, enjoy L4D2 and Killing Floor, and also love Sanctum. Has aspects of leveling up to go with the tower defense. Might actually compare to Killing Floor in some respects.

It has a four pack. $7.49 for the next few hours.

OniShiro

Banned
I'm not sure what to do about Supreme Commander 2. Got a PM from Gowans007 about it and OniShiro literally posted in here at the exact same time. I think I'll have to give it to OniShiro, since I never actually asked for PMs. I'm sorry, Gowans, hope that's ok for you... :/

Thanks Jarosh.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I've been working down my wishlist today:

SpaceChem
Red Faction Guerrilla
Choplifter HD
Caster
X: Beyond the Frontier
Alpha Prime
Star Wars Starfighter
Sideway
Shoot Many Robots

I have no idea how some of those even got on my wishlist, but they were too cheap not to buy.

I did something similar. I got some extra money lately and I went down and bought the games that are on my wishlist that are too cheap to pass up, the games not likely to get any better with the sale that already are 75% off and cost like $2, for example.

I love Borderlands, enjoy L4D2 and Killing Floor, and also love Sanctum. Has aspects of leveling up to go with the tower defense. Might actually compare to Killing Floor in some respects.

It has a four pack. $7.49 for the next few hours.

I just looked at sanctum... do the enemies attack you? from the trailer it looks like they just walk down their paths and you shoot numbers at them. Is it challenging? for the right reasons? I put more than 100 hours into KF, playing on suicidal - Sanctum didn't look too challenging tho?

Retne

Well I downloaded the demo of Trine 2 and I have to say I loved it so an immediate purchase. This sale is going to murder my wallet but I think I'm alright with that.

Total tally for today before I hit the sack:
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - $7.50
Legend of Grimrock - $6
Hard Reset - $3.75
Trine 2 - $3.74

All in all a good haul for day 1.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
What are the odds are L4D2 dropping under that 9.99 price point?

Very likely. I want to buy L4D2 for some friends so we can play some of the fan-made maps and campaigns, but I just know that game will be below $9.99 at some point on this sale.

aristotle

Is PJ Eden still available? If so, I'd like it! :D

benjipwns

Banned
I just looked at sanctum... do the enemies attack you? from the trailer it looks like they just walk down their paths and you shoot numbers at them. Is it challenging? for the right reasons? I put more than 100 hours into KF, playing on suicidal - Sanctum didn't look to challenging tho?
It is tower defense, the enemies don't hurt you, but on difficulties above the lowest and especially on the highest difficulties it can be incredibly hard to win.

The comparison I made to Killing Floor is in terms of how you have to spend your money well and position things. Otherwise you can find yourself where you don't have what you need to stop a wave, and suddenly you're on the path to defeat. Firing away in desperation hoping you can take as many as possible.

There is a demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom