• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Not very well optimized. Also, slight nitpick: annoying mouse pointer centered in menus even if you use a gamepad.

40AFEFB0B4F901E691CC8D94B378AFF32640F0A8

Not what my PC is telling me. And my PC is far from a beast.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Indie games/smaller games sometimes end up as dailies. It could happen! You could just wait unless you think Steam will take all your money before you can find out if they will be dailies. :p

I'll keep an eye on them. They're already discounted as it is, so if they aren't on sale by the 23rd, I'm still getting a good deal on them. Just gotta be patient!

XOMTOR

i like the way the sales are presented on the iOS app. they're clear and easy to see, especiually the flash deals. that'll probably be my first preference each evening when the sales are updated.

Yup, makes checking deals almost too easy. As I mentioned a few pages back, Trine 2 is strangely not purchasable via the iOS app. Mobile website works fine though.

Sblargh

Banned
Crusader's King 2 is excellent. I want to thank who convinced me to buy it yesterday, but it is now lost on the ocean of this thread.
My first game was so funny. I am minding my busisness as the king of what-one-day-will-be-Portugal and my only desire is to really have a son. So, obviously, I have 2 daughters and my dream of pacifism is not disrupt by direct war, but by my brother kidnapping my sister and asking for ransom; which I say to him fuck you and start a plot to kill him.
And the plot is going great, I got a real army of barons and dukes ready to help me kill the asshole when... I die of natural causes.
So my 4 year old daughter assumes the kingdom and all the intrigue with her uncle is gone, just doesn't make sense anymore; so now I just want to grow up and be a good little queen when someone kills my 4 year old queen.
Ok, I got another daughter... who was born with a mental illness and die at the age of 5.
And so is the end of my first game and of my lineage. It looks just a series of disasters - and it was - but also was so much fun and engaging. I was actually plotting to kill a rival king not because of gameplay advantages, but because he was an asshole (I mean, really, kidnapping our sister? What the fuck?) and the notion that the course of history was changed, then, by one natural death followed by one murder followed by another natural death is great.
Anyway, here is me recommending the game.

Wunder

Just bought Legend of Grimrock after a recommendation from a friend and watching the Giantbomb Quick Look. Is it frustrating in anyway and would I ever be a position where my quick save just boned me and I'd have to restart?

Morokh

Damage so far :

Saints Row: The Third Franchise Pack + the missing Genki Girl Pack : 27,48 €

Was going to buy it a few weeks back at full price without DLC, then I remembered Steam Sale was close, now I have it for a cheaper price with ALL DLC (even if many are overpriced like the one I added, but i'm weak :p)

Now Gimme my Kingdoms of Amalur -75% !!

Crusader's King 2 is excellent. I want to thank who convinced me to buy it yesterday, but it is now lost on the ocean of this thread.
My first game was so funny. I am minding my busisness as the king of what-one-day-will-be-Portugal and my only desire is to really have a son. So, obviously, I have 2 daughters and my dream of pacifism is not disrupt by direct war, but by my brother kidnapping my sister and asking for ransom; which I say to him fuck you and start a plot to kill him.
And the plot is going great, I got a real army of barons and dukes ready to help me kill the asshole when... I die of natural causes.
So my 4 year old daughter assumes the kingdom and all the intrigue with her uncle is gone, just doesn't make sense anymore; so now I just want to grow up and be a good little queen when someone kills my 4 year old queen.
Ok, I got another daughter... who was born with a mental illness and die at the age of 5.
And so is the end of my first game and of my lineage. It looks just a series of disasters - and it was - but also was so much fun and engaging. I was actually plotting to kill a rival king not because of gameplay advantages, but because he was an asshole (I mean, really, kidnapping our sister? What the fuck?) and the notion that the course of history was changed, then, by one natural death followed by one murder followed by another natural death is great.

I already got it from an Amazon paradox pack last week but you convinced me to play it sooner rather than later.

Shadybiz

Ha, that sounds cool. I bought that game about a month ago...maybe I'll have to play it.

Still thinking about Trine 2; I guess for $3.50, I really can't go wrong.

If you're getting a large majority of the games (don't own much of them) and want them, I don't see an issue.

Agreed, if you dont own them, its a pile of good games (though I still think the THQ pack is way better). And the Genesis games are just a bonus. All the classic Total War games, Shogun 2, Binary Domain, Sonic Generations, Renegade Ops, etc are worth $50 by themselves easily. The Genesis games are just a nice bonus.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Just bought Legend of Grimrock after a recommendation from a friend and watching the Giantbomb Quick Look. Is it frustrating in anyway and would I ever be a position where my quick save just boned me and I'd have to restart?
Hasn't happened to me yet. I am on level 8 and I bought it at launch. Awesome game. Not really frustrating at all unless you venture into a few optional areas like the Fighters Challenge room. I use quicksave mostly but I also will do a traditional save every now and then just in case. If I had quicksaved when I went into Fighters Challenge I would have been boned. Maybe. So I always have a backup save for safety.

So no, I don't think you will back yourself into a corner very easily.

Not if you just keep multiple saves. Which you should always do in every PC game ever. The game allows for like 100 saves.

Sblargh

Banned
I already got it from an Amazon paradox pack last week but you convinced me to play it sooner rather than later.

Ha, that sounds cool. I bought that game about a month ago...maybe I'll have to play it.

Still thinking about Trine 2; I guess for $3.50, I really can't go wrong.

Btw, I recommend doing the very long and not great tutorial (even if it is not great); the game is a lot more intuitive than Europa Universalis (stuff is less behind the scenes and indirect; you want an army, you click a "gimme soldiers!" button and that is your army), but still have trademark paradox subsystems inside subsystems.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
For once I wish the flash deals would be much shorter. C'mon I want some new games up there!

NO. Even if you love cricket you should stay away!!
This man speaks the truth. I grabbed Cricket Revolution during the Winter sale, put a few hours into and got no enjoyment whatsoever. Play the Ashes game if anything, although the "best" one isn't on Steam, so maybe pass altogether on cricket.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Pretty sure I know the answer to this (
it's no
) but is the Trine Franchise pack splittable? As in, will I get Trine and Trine 2 in my inventory to gift separately?

Btw, I recommend doing the very long and not great tutorial (even if it is not great); the game is a lot more intuitive than Europa Universalis (stuff is less behind the scenes and indirect; you want an army, you click a "gimme soldiers!" button and that is your army), but still have trademark paradox subsystems inside subsystems.

Thanks. That is actually kind of what scared me away initially. I booted it up a d found a sea of menus. I twiddled around a bit but thought "this requires a whole Saturday to learn, maybe later."

Spierek

Current Community Options are pretty meh. Voted for GRAW2, since I don't care about Stronghold and already own Brink (which is a pretty damn disappointing game).

Also, everyone should buy Darksiders. Loads of Zelda-esque fun.

Wrayfield

Sounds great, gonna grab it. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom