• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

Thanks ill try but I'll be home in a few days and steam support usually takes a day at least

I used Flyvpn (the free trial offers a US-server) a few times to buy games in other regions. It's against the TOS but I don't think they'll notice if your billing-address is where the IP is from.

HoosTrax

GRAW 2? Are you kidding me? Doesn't Ubisoft pretty much give this away every two months or so?
Yes it is on sale a lot. Unfortunately GRAW 1&2 are also the only ones out of these three that I'd be confident recommending. I'm mildly interested in Future Soldier, although I need to check some reviews on it to see how badly they've CoD-ified it.

scitek

I was just playing Trine 2 for the first time, and moving shit with the wizard reminded me of Nyx Quest. I navigated to the store page to see it's not on sale. :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Man project greenlight is going to be rampant with shitty games confirmed! Stupid steam community :/

To be fair, the community doesn't decide the titles of the Community's Choice raffle, and in this particular case, the picks were poor.

ledman

Garshasp is a dollar and change. God of War 3 was a full retail title.

In every truly objective measure Garshasp is better.

I can do this all day

So who about not waste time on Garshasp even if is a dollar and change?
I only heard bad things about Garshasp.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Sorry guys, my fault on the community choice. I had no clue what to vote for and people were saying GRAW was best of the three at 6 AM when I skimmed the thread :((

Atruvius

Do you guys think if Orange Box will go 75% or will it stay at 50%?

I have 15€ left from the 25€ I added. Have bough Portal Bundle and Hard Reset.

Will probably Orange Box and one of the Stalker games.

Uriah

Goddammit I keep getting a transaction error when I try to buy something. This has been happening since yesterday when a paypal transaction failed to happen. I contacted Steam Support but I have no idea when I will hear back from them. Has anyone contacted them since the sale began?

scitek

Probably not gonna be a huge deal on Orange Box, as they'd have to work out an agreement with Valve.

Currently stuck at work, and unable to see the website. What are the current flash sales and their prices? And when do they expire?

Spellforce 2 $6.80
Force Unleashed 2 $4.99
Sanctum $2.50
Darksiders $4.99
Trine 2 $3.74

Trine 2, Unleashed, and Spellforce 2 are done in about 20 minutes.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
25% you heard it here first.

Nuh-uh! ;)

It'll definitely go on sale, but only because virtually everything else will too and so people will be spending their money elsewhere.

I'm curious as to how much Bohemia will discount the game given it's barely dropped down Steam's top sellers list since DayZ exploded in popularity. They're clearly going to ride this wave for as long as they can, so I'm going to go ahead and guess a discount of no more than 25% (I'd like to be wrong ;)).

Merguson

Banned
So that I understand this completely...

the games that are under the "Today's Deals" are only available today? the price will go up afterwards?

I'm new to this..dear god..

XeroSauce

Hey, you know how we voted for Witcher 2/Batman/Saints Row way back at the start? Which one won, and did it go on sale already?!

Why did you buy the Portal bundle when you are getting the Orange Box. It includes the first Portal.

But wait for the Daily Deals. Good chance it is getting cheaper.

HoosTrax

what's graw 2 like on PC? Worth a playthrough? Is there any co op?
You are aware that it's a direct sequel to GRAW1 I hope (and the games are substantially different on PC and XBOX I recall). Basically GRAW1&2 are the two parts of an event that takes place in Mexico over the course of a day. So if it were an episode of 24, then GRAW1 would be the first 12 hours and GRAW2 would be the last 12 hours. I think you lose out a bit by only playing GRAW2 SP.

Askani

Probably been asked but I'm gonna ask again: Just for the record, how bad is Force Unleashed II? Is it really "don't even spend $5 on it" bad? Is Unleashed I worth it at least for $5? I think it's pretty hard to not get $5 worth of enjoyment from a game, and internet hyperbole may be skewing my opinion.

atre324

not too bad... picked up the following:

Scratches Director's Cut
Still Life 1 & 2 Bundle Pack
Binding of Isaac and DLC
Penumbra Black Plague Gold Edition(finally)
Cryostasis

For $21.68 total. Whee~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom